A Complete Guide on Malaysia Visa
A Malaysia Visa is issued to foreign nationals wishing to visit Malaysia and residents of countries subject to visa applications. Malaysian visas permit the holder only to travel to Malaysia, where they will be subject to border checks upon arrival. That means a visa isn’t a complete guarantee that you will stay for any reason in Malaysia. It is at the entry point where the Immigration Officer decides whether or not you can reach Malaysia. As such, a Malaysia Visa is merely a pre-entry condition – you’ll need Immigration Officer’s permission to actually enter.
Do I need to receive a visa before I go to Malaysia?
If you’re from a country that isn’t excluded from visas to Malaysia, then you’ll have to apply for one before you can fly there. However, there are many countries that can stay in Malaysia without having to get a visa for particular periods of time. But you will have to apply for a visa for a time that extends the permissible visa-free travel span. But, if you are plan to stay for more than 90 days, you need to apply for a visa from Malaysia or a pass related to your trip (work, travel, family reunification, etc.).
What do I need Malaysia visa?
More nationalities are visa-exempt, and as a result, all they need to do is apply for a Malaysia visa to short-term visas. If you not being a citizen of a visa-free country, on the other hand, you need to apply for a regular Malaysia visa and a Business or Tourist visa and E-visa. You can use our Click2visas widget to find out which group you are in.
What are the documents required for making Malaysia visa?
- Foreign Passport, valid for a period of six months.
- Two images in passport format.
- Proof of appropriate funds (including original and photocopy of most recent bank statement).
- Flight itinerary
- Certificate of compulsory yellow fever vaccination for all tourists coming from affected areas, as stated by the World Health Organization.
- Letter of introduction (and photocopy) from the employer, university, or college.
- Hotel booking in Malaysia.
- Send a letter of invitation if you are staying with friends/relatives.
- Bank documents from the last three months.
- If you apply for the Malaysia visa with Reference: Original letter of approval from the Malaysia Department of Immigration or another authority.
What are the Special Notes for Malaysia visa?
- Upon arrival, you will still need a pass, even though you are allowed to enter Malaysia visa-free.
- Women who are at least six-months pregnant may be refused entry (unless they are in transit).
- All tourists must be issued with evidence of sufficient funds and a ticket to sea or air onward or back.
- Malaysia has special criteria for individuals intending to visit for prolonged periods of time (usually more than 90 days) or those planning to stay, work, research, or engage in non-tourism.
- Do not enter Malaysia for non-tourist purposes with a tourist visa to Malaysia. Violations can lead to extreme sentences.
These conditions for visas for Malaysia have been checked with local authorities and are currently true to the best of our knowledge. But the requirements of Malaysia visa are subject to adjustment, as it is the nation’s sole prerogative to decide who is permitted to enter. If in doubt, please contact the Click2visas website to confirm your nationality for visa requirements in Malaysia.
What is the validity period for a Malaysia visa?
At the time of issue, the authorized duration of stay is entered on the visa and is at the issuer’s discretion. Normally 1 to 3 months from the issue date. Extensions can be made.
What is the Application processing time for Malaysia Visa?
The processing time for a Malaysia visa depends on your country and the form by which you apply, the time of year, and whether you have all the documents you need.
- If you apply online (E-Visa), the process should take no more than 100 hours, that is to say. Four days to go.
- If you wish to apply via E-NTRI, you can process your visa within 48 to 72 hours.
- If you apply manually, the processing time is dependent on the office that manages the applications. Nevertheless, in most cases, the visa to Malaysia is processed within 7-8 working days.
How many times can I enter with a visa to Malaysia?
The Malaysian Government issues these types of visas, depending on the number of entries:
- The Malaysia Single Entry Visa, which is valid for up to three months from the date of issue and allows the holder to fly only once to Malaysia. Typically this form of visa is for purposes of social visits/tourism.
- Malaysia Multiple Entry Visa, valid anywhere from 3 to 12 months from the date it is issued. As the name indicates, while the visa is valid, the holder may enter Malaysia multiple times. This form of visa to Malaysia is generally issued for business or government purposes. You can’t remain at any entry for more than 30 days, though.
What is the requirements and process for applying for a Malaysia visa?
It is quite simple to complete the request. Please follow the below steps carefully:
1. Choose the departure and arrival country, select the required visa type, enter your name, and click ‘CLICK TO START.’
2. Verify the visa fee and terms and conditions on the next page.
3. On the third page, enter your basic details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents (you can upload the documents in a later stage also).
4. After that, check and confirm your form information, then proceed with the payment. We support all types of cards for payment.
5. You will receive the invoice and a confirmation mail with a link in your registered email id.
6. Click the link and complete the remaining visa Malaysia US form (you can also upload the document in this stage) and submit it for processing.
7. Once the visa process is completed, click2visas will send your visa related documents to your email.
8. Based on your Consulate’s application procedure, you can submit and collect the visa application by visit or Mail. You will be notified by the Consulate about the decision made to your application.
How to extend the Malaysian single-entry visa?
For Malaysia, a single entry visa is only valid for up to 30 days and can’t be extended. Neither is a Pass for Social Visits.
If you want to stay more than your Pass is provided for in Malaysia, you must leave the country and apply for the required Malaysian visa.
However, in rare circumstances, an extension of a Social Visit Pass might be possible, though only after consideration on a case-by-case basis. For example, if you became sick, had an accident, or if a situation in your home country (such as a war) could place you in danger if you returned, you could request an extension for your Social Visit Pass.
In such an event, you’ll need to provide proof of your claim and show your home country a confirmed return ticket.