Key points on New Zealand visa requirements
A tiny island nation with approximately 4.5 million inhabitants in the Pacific Ocean, New Zealand is known for its national rugby team, indigenous Maori culture, and picturesque scenery. New Zealand’s eTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority) is an electronic travel authorization for visa waiver countries citizens. The NZeTA was released in August 2019, and as of October 2019, it is a required entry document. Qualified travelers can easily get to fly to the country with their NZeTA. There is no need for an appointment to the Embassy or the Consular Office or present original documents.
Do US people need a New Zealand visa?
Currently, passport holders of the United States can enter for up to 90 days without obtaining a visa from the USA for New Zealand. American people are therefore expected to purchase the NZeTA. A New Zealand eTA from the United States is a mandatory condition for all Americans who fly to the country for short stays as of October 1st, 2019. You will have Multiple Entry into New Zealand with your ETA.
How much longer is the New Zealand ETA valid?
For US citizens, the eTA New Zealand is valid for a total of 2 years. However, this does not mean eTA holders will stay two consecutive years in New Zealand. Visiting an embassy or consulate in NZ to apply for a visa form is recommended for U.S. people wishing to spend more than 90 days per stay in New Zealand.
How does the New Zealand ETA work?
The New Zealand ETA is released electronically by the Government of New Zealand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Travelers, custom agents, airlines, and professional service providers like click2visas from all over the world can use the eVisa system in New Zealand to process an ETA.
How much longer will it take to incorporate for a New Zealand ETA visa?
Most NZeTA applications for US citizens are accepted within one business day. However, travelers are recommended to apply for the NZ visa waiver at least three business days prior to their scheduled departure day to allow ample processing time if additional documents are required.
What is the New Zealand visa requirements for USA citizens?
New Zealand visa requirements for USA citizens are the following:
- Applicant Passport – Six months validity past the scheduled departure date from New Zealand and One blank page required for entry stamp.
- Airline tickets with Arrival and departure dates.
- Applicant Credit/debit card or PayPal account.
What do I do if my passport details have changed, been corrected, or contains an error?
The travel permit NZ ETA is related to your passport. So, if you get a new passport or, for any reason, change an existing one, the current Eta will be considered infective. In that case, you’ll need to apply for a new ETA. Or else, when the customs team figures out the variations between the passport and the ETA, you’ll be refused entry into New Zealand.
How can a US citizen apply for a New Zealand ETA?
It is quite simple to complete the request. Please follow the below steps carefully:
- Choose the departure and arrival country, select the required visa type, enter your name, and click ‘CLICK TO START.’
- Verify the visa fee and terms and conditions on the next page.
- On the third page, enter your basic details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents (you can upload the documents in a later stage also).
- After that, review and confirm the information of your form, then proceed with the payment. We support all types of cards for payment.
- You will receive the invoice and a confirmation mail with a link in your registered email id.
- Click the link and complete the remaining form (you can also upload the document in this stage) and submit it for processing.
- Once the evisa is approved, click2visas will send your visa to your email in PDF format.
Do I have to get an ETA for my children too?
Yes. All foreign nationals who wish to travel to New Zealand can require a visa or an ETA (depending on the case), including children.
May I apply for a New Zealand ETA for my family or friends?
By first making sure you have all the required paperwork, you can apply to friends or family.
What if the Immigration of New Zealand refuse an application for an NZ ETA?
Most NZ ETA applications can automatically get clearance. In certain rare cases, however, a few applicants may have their ETA applications rejected. This may be due to factors like fitness, previous criminal records, issues relating to employment, etc. By opting for a standard NZ Visa, you can still fly to New Zealand. But it won’t be an online or swift process like the ETA. You can contact Click2visas to get a New Zealand Visa and for further information.
If I’m in Transit through New Zealand, do I need a New Zealand ETA?
If you would not like to leave the airport transit lounge when you’re in New Zealand, you don’t need an ETA. Otherwise, you have to register for a New Zealand ETA if you want to leave the airport.
What can’t you do with an ETA from New Zealand?
Below you can find examples of activities not authorized under the ETA:
- Try permanent residence in New Zealand.
- Find a job or a business.
- To attend college or school, and to receive credit.
- Act as an international journalist, radio reporter, maker of films, or other technical related media works.
Is it safe to use Click2visas to get New Zealand ETA?
Many people think the online information leaks and their personal information is in danger of getting into the wrong hands. But with our programs, that’s not the case. We guarantee your personal data is completely secured by investing heavily in the protection of our database.
Where can I find more details about New Zealand visa requirements if I have more concerns or unanswered questions?
If you need more information about New Zealand visa requirements, please contact us, and we’ll be happy to help. You can also get more info here. Start your trip today and think about what to do on your vacation and leave us with all the rest.