Do you know about New Zealand Transit ETA Visa Online?
Mapping New Zealand
Travelers holding passports originating in transit visa waiver countries or visa waiver countries with a layover at Auckland International Airport on their way to a third-country destination are expected to apply for a New Zealand transit eta visa online.
When you're going via New Zealand as a transit passenger, you'll need to apply for a Transit Visa before leaving, unless you're heading to Australia or coming from a visa waiver country or transit visa waiver.
What is the New Zealand Transit ETA Visa Online?
The New Zealand Transit ETA Visa Online is a short-term visa granted for Transit purposes.
Which nationalities are eligible for the New Zealand Transit ETA Visa Online?
The following nationalities are eligible for the New Zealand Transit ETA Visa Online:
- The People's Democratic Republic of Algeria, Republic of Angola, Benin
- Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Republic of Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad
- Comoros, Republic of Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea
- Ethiopia (East Africa), Gabonese Republic, Gambia, Republic of Ghana
- Guinea (West Africa), Republic of Guinea-Bissau, Kenya (East Africa), Lesotho
- Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Republic of Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius
- Morocco, Republic of Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria
- Republic of Rwanda, Republic of Senegal, Republic of Seychelles
- Sierra Leone (West Africa), Somali Republic, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan
- Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Republic of Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Central African Republic, Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the, and Sao Tome and Principe.
- Antigua and Barbuda, Commonwealth of the Bahamas, Barbados (Caribbean island)
- Belize, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica (Caribbean island), Dominican Republic, El Salvador
- Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Panama, Saint Lucia
- Trinidad and Tobago (Caribbean Nation), Saint Kitts and Nevis, and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
- Republic of Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus
- Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland
- French Republic, Federal Republic of Germany, Greece, Holy See
- Republic of Hungary, Iceland (Nordic island nation), Ireland, Italy, Kosovo
- Latvia, Liechtenstein, Republic of Lithuania, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
- Macedonia (Macedon), Malta, Republic of Moldova, Principality of Monaco
- Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino
- Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Kingdom of Spain, Kingdom of Sweden
- Switzerland, Ukraine, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and the United Kingdom.
- Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon
- Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Palestinian Territory, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
- Canada, the United Mexican States, and the US.
- Fiji, Republic of Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Republic of Nauru
- Palau, Independent State of Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.
- Argentine Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, The Republic of Ecuador
- Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, the Eastern Republic of Uruguay, and Venezuela.
- Afghanistan, People's Republic of Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal
- Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
- Negara Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia
- Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, North Korea, Papua New Guinea, Philippines
- Singapore, Republic of Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam.
Which nationalities are exempt from the New Zealand Transit ETA Visa Online?
How much does it cost to get a New Zealand Transit ETA Visa Online?
The New Zealand government charges 12 NZD as a New Zealand visa fee.
How long does it take to obtain a New Zealand Transit ETA Visa Online?
A New Zealand Transit ETA Visa Online application may take at least three days for processing. The applicant must apply once the travel plan is confirmed.
How long can I stay in New Zealand Transit ETA Visa Online?
The maximum number of days you can stay using a New Zealand Transit ETA Visa Online is One day.
What conditions must the applicant’s passport meet for the New Zealand Transit ETA Visa Online?
A passport should have at least three months’ validity when the application is made for the granting of the New Zealand Transit ETA Visa Online.
Additional requirements to travel New Zealand using a New Zealand Transit ETA Visa Online?
For New Zealand Transit ETA Visa Online, the following documents are needed:
- Valid passport for at least three months Longer than the Period of Stay.
- You must have a Proof of at least NZ $1,000 for each month of your Stay.
- You will be asked to display your travel ticket upon check-in.
Can the applicant enter New Zealand with a New Zealand Transit ETA Visa Online at any point of entry?
You are allowed to enter New Zealand using New Zealand Transit ETA Visa Online through Auckland international airport in New Zealand.
Can the traveler apply for the New Zealand Transit ETA Visa Online while in New Zealand?
No. The New Zealand Transit ETA Visa Online must be obtained before entering New Zealand.
Does the traveler need to carry the New Zealand Transit ETA Visa Online with them?
A New Zealand Transit ETA Visa Online offers travel authorization to and from New Zealand and is connected to your passport electronically. Therefore, you don't need to bring a printed copy of your New Zealand ETA visa.
If the applicant is traveling with children, do they require New Zealand Transit ETA Visa Online?
Yes. A child’s passport must be valid for at least the next six months after the date of arrival in New Zealand.
Can I work under a visa for New Zealand?
No. A visa for New Zealand is not valid for employment. You must apply for a regular work visa to work in New Zealand.
What is required of a traveler with two passports to obtain a visa for New Zealand?
Travelers with dual or multiple citizenships must choose which nationality and passport to use on their trip.
Can a traveler have a passport of an eligible country and live in another country while applying for a visa for New Zealand?
Yes. However, travelers applying for a visa for New Zealand must apply using the passport of the eligible country.
Will the applicant apply online for a visa for New Zealand if they have not a valid passport but just a temporary travel document?
Yes. You can apply a visa for New Zealand using your travel document as a substitute for a passport if the eligible country issues it. And the travel document must have at least three months’ validity from the date of your arrival in New Zealand.
Does the applicant have to submit a physical passport to receive the visa for New Zealand?
No. The applicant will receive an electronic visa via email, which does not require anything to be stamped before travel. The applicant should print out a copy of their visa before they travel and bring it to the port of entry.
What type of activities does the visa for New Zealand allow?
When using a visa for New Zealand, you can transit through other countries.
How does the applicant prove the purpose of their travel while applying for a visa for New Zealand?
The applicant must prove the purpose of travel by presenting the travel ticket or any other documents to prove the purpose of the trip.
Does the applicant need to visit the New Zealand Consulate to get their visa for New Zealand?
No. Upon approval, Click2Visas will send the applicant their e-visa via email in PDF format.
Can anyone apply for a visa for New Zealand online?
No. Only citizens from eligible countries can apply for a visa for New Zealand. Please utilize our visa widget to see you qualify for the Transit ETA Visa.
Does the applicant need to apply for the visa for New Zealand before arriving?
Yes, all travelers need to have a valid visa for New Zealand before traveling to New Zealand.
Does the applicant have to enter New Zealand on the exact date specified in their application for a visa for New Zealand?
No, the validity period of the e-Visa begins from the date specified on their application. The traveler can enter New Zealand on any date within this period.
Does obtaining the visa for New Zealand guarantee the applicant entry into New Zealand?
No. The visa for New Zealand is just a landing authorization. Respective New Zealand officials at the ports of entry reserve the right to deny entry into New Zealand to a holder of an e-Visa without any explanation.
Where is the embassy of New Zealand located in the United States of America?