What must everyone know about US passport renewal documents?
U.S. passports can be renewed. There are two ways to renew your passport in the United States. One is the conventional route; be prepared for a large amount of paperwork before going to a passport acceptance office. Another is to apply for a passport using Click2Visas services.
With Click2visas there are several advantages, including the ability to handle the procedure from home and the opportunity to save time by avoiding busy streets or long lines at a government facility.
After meeting specific prerequisites, Click2Visas developed a streamlined online application form that can be completed in a matter of minutes. The documentation you’ll need, in-order to apply your application can be found in this blog. In addition, you can learn how to renew your passport. Join Along!
How can you process your passport renewal with Click2Visas?
- Visit Click2Visas.com. Start a new online application form by going to the application page. Upload a recent photo of yourself, and pay both the passport renewal fee and our service charge simultaneously.
- After that, we will send a filled application form, envelope with a mailing address. You have to sign the pre-filled application form and drop it in the closest mailbox.
- We also Track your process with frequent updates, while you wait for your new passport at home.
- Passport delivery time will vary depending on the processing service you selected. Read about the documents needed to submit your passport renewal request in the following sections.
Who is eligible for online passport renewal?
Only American citizens can renew their passports now. You must be a US citizen with a valid passport and reside in the US. However, you must meet a few additional requirements to take advantage of the online passport renewal.
- The applicant must be at least sixteen years old to be eligible.
- You have your current passport with you.
- Passport should not have any visible damage other than normal wear and tear.
- It’s been fifteen years since you got your passport.
- The name on your passport corresponds to the name on your ID.
What is the purpose of revealing my SSN to Click2Visas?
The US Government requires your SSN to process your passport renewal request. We recognize that this is sensitive information. We guarantee that we will only use your data for the passport renewal request.
Should I send my passport to Click2Visas?
No, Click2Visas does not require your passport to process your application. However, make sure to place it in the USPS envelope along with other documents before taking it to your nearest mailbox.
What documents do I need for US passport renewal?
Passport renewal documents:
- D-82 Passport Renewal Form: – Completed and Signed form (with date).
- SSN Document: – You need to add your Social Security Number to the passport renewal form. If you want to request for a U.S. passport but do not have a Social Security number, you have to submit a signed and dated statement that says, “I declare under penalty of perjury under the USA laws that the following is true and correct: the Social Security Administration did not issue me a Social Security number.”
- Latest Passport: – You must include your most recent passport with your application. Your passport book for the United States must meet all of the requirements. The passport office will return your old passport to you, but it will usually arrive separately from your new passport.
- Name Change Documents (If applicable): – You must provide a certified copy of the legal name change certificate if the name you are using differs from the name on your most recent U.S. passport. Examples are Marriage certificates, Divorce Decree, or Court documents. The passport office will mail your name change document separately from your new passport.
- Passport Photo
Details regarding Passport photo:
Please include one photograph with your application. To avoid delays in processing, ensure that your photo meets all of the following photo requirements.
- Photo size should be 2 x 2 inches that is 51 x 51 mm.
- The length of the head must be between 1 and 1 3/8 inches (25 and 35 mm) from the chin bottom to the head top.
- Do not make any digital changes to the photo.
- You may not submit a defective photograph with holes, creases, or smudges.
- Please submit a high-resolution photograph that is not blurry, grainy, or pixelated.
- You are not allowed to wear spectacles. Please attach a signed note from your doctor with your application if you are unable to remove your spectacles due to a medical issue. Clothing that is usually worn daily is taken into consideration. You are not permitted to wear a uniform, uniform-like clothing, or camouflage.
- A hat or head covering is not permitted. Suppose you wear a hat or head covering for religious reasons. In that instance, you must submit a signed statement stating that the cap or head covering in the photograph is part of traditional religious dress that is worn in public on a regular basis. Suppose you do wear a hat or head covering for medical reasons, including a signed doctor’s statement confirming that the hat or head covering in your photo is used daily for medical reasons. Your entire face must be visible, and your hat or head covering should not block your hairline or cast shadows on it.
- You cannot wear headphones or hands-free wireless devices. You can wear jewelry and as long as your face is not hidden. For passport purposes, permanent tattoos are acceptable.
Know, What is the expert’ choice, US Passport Photo Glossy or Matte, which is best?
US Passport Renewal Fee
Government Fee: – There’s the question of the fees finally, of course. Do not forget to include the “US Department of State” check or money order payable, or your renewal will not be possible.
The Click2visas guide to US Passport Renewal Documents
Click2Visas offers an online photo service. You can just upload your photo, and we will modify it as per the requirement. Our service charges are significantly less when compared to other passport agents. We make sure your passport renewal process is as smooth as possible. We have been in this industry for more than 5 years. The documents you share with us are entirely safe.
It’s a cool step to take your passport or passport photos from the comfort of your home with our online application process. We are glad to make international travel more approachable and simple for all as a top independent company in the travel documentation field.