Guidelines on Passport status check in the USA
After you finish your passport application process and submit all the documents to the US Department of State, the next thing on your mind is checking your passport application status. It is essential to keep track of your passport application so that you know when you will get your passport or where your personal documents are.
Click2Visas does not recommend booking any accommodations or flights until you have received your passport. In some cases, your passport number will be required to book hotels and flights. Getting confirmation and knowing when you’ll receive your passport is therefore critical before making travel plans.
We are aware that you are looking forward to a new passport to travel around the world. The process for renewing your passport is safe and error-free. Upon completion of the process, our specialists will update you on your passport stage. Don’t worry! The passport renewal status check is made simple with us.
Here’s what you must know to check your passport application status.
If you’re waiting for a new passport, you can check the status of your application in the below ways.
- Click2visas track your status on behalf of you.
You need your last name, date of birth, and the last four digits of your Social Security Number to check the status of your passport.
How to check passport status online?
- You can access the State Department Website (https://passportstatus.state.gov/) to verify your passport application status.
- You may not be able to receive a status update for 6 weeks after applying or renewing. During these six weeks, your application and supporting documents will be safe with the State Department.
- You can get automatic email updates on the status of your application by entering your email address after finding your ongoing application in the Online Passport Status System.
How to check passport status by phone?
- You can make a call to the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 or 1-888-874-7793 (TDD/TTY) to speak to a Customer Service Agent. Usually on Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm Eastern Time (excluding federal holidays).
- You may not get a status update for 6 weeks after applying or renewing. During these six weeks, your application and supporting documents will be safe with the State Department.
Passport application status meaning
The passport application has 4 stages, each of which has a different meaning. These are the 4 stages:
|Not Available||This update implies your application is yet on the way to one of the passport agencies and centers. It needs about 6 weeks from the day you apply until your application status shows “In Process.” During those 6 weeks, your application is delivered to a mail facility, your payment is handled successfully, and your application is scanned and sent to the passport center. This status tells that you need to check 6 weeks after the day you applied.|
|In Progress||Passport agencies or centers successfully reviewed your application. Your application’s time frame remains “In Process” as per the service you selected and the passport center’s current processing times.|
|Approved||Congrats to you! Passport Center has completed reviewing your application and will start printing your completed new passport.|
|Mailed||The passport center sent your passport to the address you provided on your application. You must check the Online Passport Status System (https://passportstatus.state.gov/) for the tracking number.|
Remember the below:
- Did you not get your passport? – If your passport status indicates “Mailed,” and if you have not received it after 10 business days, get in touch with the National Passport Information Center. You will have to fill DS-86 form, a signed statement that you did not get your passport. Also remember to fill DS-86 form within 90 days from the passport issue date. If 90 days are crossed, you have to re-apply and pay all the passport renewal fees.
- Have you changed your address? – If you change your present address after you applied, then you must call National Passport Information Center.
- Did you not receive the 2nd mail? – Your new passport and related documents will come in separate mails. After receiving your new passport mail, you can contact the National Passport Information Center if you don’t receive the second mail within 10 business days.
- Have you Expedited your passport? – If you have an impending trip, you may have already expedited your passport application. After you’ve expedited your passport, the tracking process is similar to the one described above.
Check passport status with Click2Visas
- All of our customers receive excellent service from Click2Visas.
- It is entirely up to you which method of status checking you use. We gladly assist you 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and our agents are extremely friendly and will even assist you after business hours.
- We are confident that our passport tracking service will put you at ease, and there is no need to worry about anything.
- You can call, chat or mail us regarding your passport status.
- Our service charges are 15x lower than other passport agents.
- We will always be reachable to answer any additional questions or requests from you until your passport service request is completed.