How to easily do passport renewal tracking?
New Yorkers always love to have their international trips. Many countries are opening up to Americans with basic restrictions like Covid negative test, wearing masks, and social distancing. New Yorkers have many international cities on their radars when it comes to vacation plans.
Since New York is a significant business and tourism hub, many travel internationally for business and leisure reasons, nowadays, New Yorkers love to combine it and make bleisure trips.
Your passport is your key to the globe. When making plans for your international trips, we are sure that you have first checked your passport expiration date. If it has less validity or expired, you know very well to apply for a passport renewal.
Due to Covid, many passport-related rules are changed, and you probably have a bunch of questions, and one of the crucial questions is how to do passport tracking. Here, Click2Visas explains how to easily do your passport renewal tracking.
How to check my passport tracking?
There are 3 methods to do your passport tracking.
- Click2Visas chat.
US passport tracking by online
If you choose the online method, you need to have the following details,
- Last Name –Includes suffixes (ex. Mark III, Bell Jr, etc.). It also includes hyphens as appropriate (ex. Bell-Campbell).
- Date of Birth – The format should be mm/dd/yyyy.
- Last four digits of your Social Security Number (SSN).
With the above details, you can visit https://passportstatus.state.gov/ and check your passport tracking status. By updating your email address there, you can get automatic email updates of your passport application.
You do not get a passport tracking update for 6 weeks after applying for renewal. In those 6 weeks, your application and supporting documents are completely safe with the passport center.
But many more passport applications are pending; passport tracking online is time-consuming and needs a lot of effort.
US passport tracking by phone
You can dial the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 or 1-888-874-7793 (TDD/TTY). You can directly speak to the Customer Service Representative on Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM to Eastern Time, excluding US federal holidays.
This helpline call traffic is mostly busy, and getting a call reply is a real challenge.
Passport renewal tracking by Click2Visas Chat
Click2Visas provides excellent customer service to all our customers. Whatever method you choose, it is entirely up to you, and we happily assist you 24/7 and our agents are very friendly and even support you beyond business hours. We are sure you are more comfortable with our passport tracking service.
What are the various passport tracking statuses?
- Not Available – This update means that your application is yet to reach one of the passport agencies and centers. It might require as long as about 6 weeks from the day you apply until your application status is “In Process.” In those 6 weeks, your application is delivered to a mail facility, your payment is handled, and your application will be photo copied scanned and sent to the passport center. This status conveys that you need to check 6 weeks after the day you applied.
- In Progress -Your application is being successfully reviewed at one of the passport agencies or centers. The duration of time your application remains “In Process” based on the service you selected and the passport center’s current processing times.
- Approved –Congrats to you! Passport Center has finished reviewing your application and will start printing your completed new passport.
- Mailed – Passport center is sending your passport to the address you provided on your application. You can check the Online Passport Status System (https://passportstatus.state.gov/) for the tracking number.
Things to keep in mind
- If your passport status shows “Mailed,” and if you have not received it after 10 business days, you need to approach the National Passport Information Center. You need to fill DS-86 form, a signed statement that you did not receive your passport. You need to fill in DS-86 within 90 days from the passport issue date. If you miss out the 90 days, you have to reapply and pay all the passport renewal fees.
- If you change your present address after you apply, then you must contact National Passport Information Center.
- Your new passport and respective documents will arrive in separate mails. After you receive your new passport mail, you can contact the National Passport Information Center if you don’t receive the second mail within 10 business days.
How to track expedited passport tracking?
If you have an immediate travel need, you might have already expedited your passport application process. After you have expedited, the passport tracking is similar to the above.
Passport renewal tracking with Click2Visas
You are busy arranging all the things for your international trip, and you have already applied for your new passport. Now relax! No need to panic about the status of the passport application. We are here to do all your passport tracking.
- We not only help our customers to renew their passports. Once applied, we also do our passport tracking with each stage. We update the status of our customers meticulously. You need not spend a lot of time on this. We will get you all information on time.
- Whatever guidance and support you seek, we are ready to help you, and we have been in this industry for more than 5 years. Our service charge for passport and visa assistance is much lower than other passport or visa agents.
what are the passport services you can avail with Click2visas?
Apply Chargeless USA and Nigeria Passport Services
We offer passport assistance service which provides filling of your passport application forms (either new or re-issuance) without any research from your end.