Do I need a new US Passport when I turn 16?
Travelling can help you unleash a new self in you. You grow as you travel. Travelers are always good decision-makers with creative minds.
As you travel, the need to interact with different cultured people frees you from your ego and throws up interesting challenges. In the process, you will find that you are capable of doing more than you believe you can. As a travel, the experiences you gain help you to be more open to life.
It is often seen that those who have traveled a lot in life are adapting to changes other than the ability to cope with problems and difficulties.
Listen to the rhythm of your soul, and you will make harmony with nature. The journey illuminates the sparks within you.
So, are you ready to travel?
Are you 16 to 17 years old? Do you like to travel? Do you have a passport? If you do not have a passport! No worries, Click2Visas will help to provide a passport.
Applicants 16 to 17 Years old:
- Most applicants aged 16 to 17 should apply in person using the DS – 11 Form.
- If you are eligible for passport renewal via mail, you can use the DS – 82 Form.
- Passport for 16 and above applicants is valid for ten years.
Eligible for applying for a new passport in person DS – 11 Form:
- Your age under (sixteen) 16 years,
- Your child previous passport,
- A child passport whose passport has expired or going to expiration must appear both parents at a Passport Acceptance Office.
Eligible for Passport renewal for 16 year old and above:
If you already have a valid (10 year) passport issued to you when you were 16 or older, you can use Form DS – 82 to renew your passport.
- Your age under 16 (sixteen) years old,
- A valid passport is required,
- Make sure your present passport is in good condition,
- The expiration date of your passport should not exceed 15 (fifteen) years.
- The passport name must match the name on the ID.
How to Apply or Renew US Passport?
Steps for Applying for Passport:
- Fill out DS – 11 Form.
- Evidence of citizenship (Ex. US Passport, US birth certificate) and also photocopy.
- Current ID and photocopy.
- One recent Passport.
- Pay Passport Fee 145 USD.
- You must submit your completed application, required documents, and fees in person at a passport acceptance facility.
Steps for renew passport for 16 year old:
- Fill out DS – 82 Form.
- Submit your recent US Passport.
- Current Photo.
- Pay Passport Fee 110 USD.
- Mail your completed application and required documents and fee via USPS.
What are US passport requirements for Applying or Renewing?
|Si.no||New Passport apply in person||Passport renewal for 16 year old|
|1||DS – 11 Form, and you must provide the SSN number. Suppose you don’t have an (SSN) Social Security number. In such case, you must submit a signed and dated statement stating, I declare under false laws under US law the following are true and correct: the Social Security Administration has never issued me a Social Security number.||DS – 82 Form, and you must provide an SSN number. Suppose you don’t have an (SSN) Social Security number. In such case, you must submit a signed and dated statement stating, I declare under false laws under US law the following are true and correct: the Social Security Administration has never issued me a Social Security number.|
|2||You must submit one of the following: Undamaged passport, Birth certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Birth certificates, Naturalization Certificate, present ID, Citizenship Certificate.||You must submit your most recent passport and with your application. Your old passport will be returned to you, but generally, it will come in a separate mail from your new US passport.|
|3||Submit photocopies of the front and back of each proof of citizenship that you present when you apply.||If your name are presently using is different from the name on your most recent US passport, you must provide a certified copy of the legal name change document. Examples include: Marriage certificate, Divorce decree, Court – ordered name change document, Your change name document will be returned to you in mailing separate from your new passport.|
|4||If you have your own (ID) current identification document, you may apply for a passport. You must show at least one parent, or legal guardian is aware that you are applying for a passport.||Attach one photo to the application. To avoid processing delays, be sure your photos meet all the photograph requirements. Please note: Staple the photo to the application. Please use four staples vertical in the corners as close to the outer edges as possible. Don’t bend the photo. You can’t wear eyeglasses in your passport photos (unless you have a signed note from your doctor that you can include with your US application).|
|5||Submit photocopies of the front and back of each ID that you present when you apply.||NA|
How Click2Visas works?
In Click2Visas procedures are easy and pretty simple. So you no need to worry about Passport renewal for 16 year old. Our customer care service is available at any time via phone, mail, and chat.
You can renew your passport from click2Visas, Do simple steps. First, you know you are eligible to renew the DS-82 Form.
Enter details and Upload documents:
Sign in Click2Visas, and enter the basic details, and upload required documents.
Pay the Fee:
Pay the Fee (110 USD application fee). If you need expedited service, additionally pay 60 USD. And our service fee is “Ten times” lower than other agencies.
Receive Click2Visas kit:
After completing the previous procedures, you receive a Passport renewal kit from click2visas. You take that kit and open it. That kit contains a Passport renewal form, Money orders or checks slip, and envelope. Just do it.
- You have to sign by Form.
- Money order or checks.
- Envelope (Will contain the Passport Acceptance Centre address). You must mail the envelope to Passport Acceptance Centre via USPS.
You will receive a renewed passport.
After getting your renew passport, we know you would like to travel the world. We always say “Happy Journey”.