The Top 7 Mistake on Passport Applications

3 years

Hey, Seasonal greetings from Click2visas! It’s time to carry out the big trip you have been planning for months. Yaaas!

But, do you have a passport?

Applying for a passport can be really frustrating. One small mistake, boom! Your application gets rejected. But that doesn’t mean you have to give up on your dream to explore that exotic travel destination.

The Top 7 Mistake on Passport Applications

We will go over the seven most common mistakes on a passport that applicants make on this page. This will help you to avoid the same mistakes and serve better in getting your passport without hassle.

Let’s get right inside!

Here are the common mistakes to consider while filling U.S. Passport Application:

Passport application Misspellings and Typos:

One of the common mistakes when filling out your passport application is misspellings. Since passport applications are usually done online, it is easy to misspell something and not notice it.

An example of a common spelling error is listing your birthday as 1909 rather than 1990.

This is most common if you are not used to typing your information or if you are in a hurry to complete your application.

Solution: Before submitting your application, please review the entire material for any errors.

Authorized passport photo:

Even if you using a professional camera, chances are you make a mistake.

You may end up using the wrong background color. Or you may get the size of your head incorrect. Your passport photo may be rejected for too large or too small head size in proportion to the background.

Solution: U.S. It is best to have someone photograph you in a photo app that meets passport photography requirements or go to a local drugstore such as Walgreens Passport Photography or the nearest CVS Passport Photo Center.

Certified copy of Birth Certificate:

When applying for a new passport, you must submit a legally certified copy of the original copy of your birth certificate.

Photographic or digital copies aren’t acceptable. Submit one of these is one of the common problems that applicants face when applying for a passport.

You will need to submit a longer format birth certificate. This type of birth certificate includes the full names of your parents.

Remember, hospital certificates are not birth certificates and will be rejected on your application.

Solution: Submit a certified copy of the Long Form Birth Certificate.

Problems in paying the U.S. Passport application fee:

You must submit your US application fee in the correct amount and at the appropriate place.

Remember to use the correct payment method. These include checks, cash orders, certified checks, or cashier’s checks. Cash cannot be submitted using cash or credit card, or debit card.

For checks, make sure that the check is not a starter check, that the applicant’s name is printed on the check-in advance and that your birth date is written on the check.

Be sure to write the Fee to the correct name. All payments must be made to the “U.S. State Department.”

If you’re using a check, remember to write the correct address on your check.

Finally, make sure you have added the correct amount. The final price depends on whether it is a new passport or renewal.

Solution: Make sure the Fee is correct by looking at our passport application costs.

Applying for Minor or Child Passport Mistakes:

There are special requirements for passport applications for minors.

First, the child must be accompanied by parents. They must also fill out a DS-11 form when submitting applications.

Parents must also submit the legal documents to prove their parental relationship, usually in the form of a certified long-form birth certificate. Parents must also present a photo ID.

Finally, both the parents must authorize the issuance of the child’s passport.

You will need to submit all other standard documents and information for your child’s application form.

Bear in mind that a child passport is only valid for the last five years. You cannot renew a child’ passport.

Child Support Payments:

If you owe more than USD 2,500 on child support payments, your passport application will be rejected. Before you apply for a new US passport, it is a good idea to make sure all of your child support payments are up to date.

Signature errors in Passport application:

Always use a blue, red, or black pen when signing your forms. Pens of any other color will be discarded.

Also, make sure you sign under the correct name. Do not sign your nickname.

Your sign on your application must match your government ID and the signature you provided on the previous passport. If your IDs do not match, your application may be rejected.

Finally, if you have changed your signature style, you will need to sign with your original signature. Always match your signatures, so they firmly believe that it is the same person.

Solution: Make sure you sign your application and make sure the signature is the same as your driver’s license and/or previous passport.

Applying on your own for your U.S. Passport application:

One mistake equals to application rejection. Why deal with all the worries when there are professionals who can help?

Instead of worrying about mistakes in your application, we will help you with your passport application.

How can Click2Visas serve you?

Our experts enable you to ensure smooth, efficient, and successful use.

We will look into it to make sure there are no mistakes before submitting your application.

If there are any mistakes, we will notify you and work with you to correct them and submit them as soon as possible.

All you got to do is raise the request with us. Rest will be taken care by Click2visas.

 Sign in Click2Visas, and enter the details, and upload the required documents and Submit the Request.

Within 2 to 4 days, you will receive a kit from Click2Visas. The Kit from Click2Visas hold:

  • Your passport renewal application form with your photo stapled on it.
  • An envelope addressed to expedited passports via passport facility.

Sign the passport renewal form and make the check or money order ready. Put the form, money orders/checks, and your expired passport in the envelope. Mail it. 

Send the form to the Passport facility via USPS priority mail express. Do not worry about the payment and address. Checks/money order covers your expedited fee. And the envelope is already addressed to the Passport facility. Just post it and wait for the renewed passport. After verifying your application and documents, your passport will be renewed in 12 weeks.

Now you are ready for the peaceful journey. “Happy Journey in Advance.”

This publication is provided for general information purposes only and is not intended to cover every aspect of the topics with which it deals. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content in this publication. Through this blog post you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of FULFILL Holding Pvt limited. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. The information in this publication does not constitute legal, tax or other professional advice from FULFILL Holding Pvt limited or its affiliates. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the publication is accurate, complete or up to date.