Easy passport renewal in Chicago
The Chicago metro area is one of the busiest places in the US for air travel. Chicago gets very great worldwide deals, as it is the significant center in the Midwest. Chicago is a vital hub point for your trips to Europe. There are many non-stop flights to Europe. It implies that you can pretty much travel to any major city in Europe with one connection. Other than Europe, Chicago is well connected to Asia and South America as well.
Since summer arrives, it’s to take the next step after planning your big vacation throughout the cold winter. Where do you love to travel the most?
Take this ideal opportunity to explore places and move away from your hectic work life.
As you know, a valid passport is a crucial document for your travel. You have arranged and carefully planned many things for your upcoming journey. Most important of all, open your passport book and have a look at its expiration date. If your passport about to expire or already expired, don’t worry, you can renew your passport even during this Covid time. Passport renewal in Chicago with Click2Visas is straightforward and quick.
Where to renew passport in Chicago?
During Covid, wherever you live in the US, the only way to do passport renewal in Chicago is through the mail. Since passport rules are managed by federal law, you have to go through the same procedure. Also, note that you can renew your passport if it is still valid.
Click2Visas highly recommends renewing your passport well ahead of your international trip. Probably 9 months before your passport expiration. Many countries need 6 months validity passport. Do not rush at the last minute. You can avoid stress and delays by renewing your passport early. Please note that you will get a different passport number when you receive your new passport.
Passport renewal eligibility
- You have to submit your current passport book to renew it. If you can’t find your passport, the only option is to get a new passport through the Lost Passport Replacement process. Hence, you have to have your present passport with you.
- If your passport has a loose or missing cover, tears or cuts on the surface or any page, or other serious harm, you’ll need to do a Mutilated Passport Replacement rather than a Passport Renewal. Your passport must be in good condition.
- If you were under 16 years when you received your last passport, you would need to utilize the Adult Passport method to get a new passport. You can renew your passport book only if it has been issued after you turned 16 or older.
- You could apply for a new passport if your passport was expired more than 5 years ago. Your passport must be issued no more than 15 years ago.
- Your passport must have your current name. If you change your name meanwhile, you need to submit the name change evidence for your passport renewal in Chicago.
Chicago passport renewal requirements
- Current Passport – Your current passport, whether it is expired or about to expire.
- DS-82 Form – Passport renewal form DS-82. You need to provide your Social Security Number (SSN). If you don’t provide the number, you need to give a statement which includes the given sentence, “I truly confirm under penalty of perjury under the USA laws that the following is true and correct: I did not have a Social Security Number by the Social Security Administration.”
- Passport Photo – Your recent passport photo has to meet the photo requirements. It must be 2×2 inches (51×51 mm). It would be best if you have a neutral facial expression. You will have to use a white or off-white background. No fancy eyeglasses. If it is for a medical reason, you need to submit the proof.
- Passport renewal fee – Check or Money order of government fees. The government fee for passport renewal is $110.
- Proof of Name change – If you have changed your name after your passport was issued, you will need to submit the legal name change document, such as a marriage certificate or court order.
- Passport mailing address envelope –
For Routine service,
National Passport Processing Center,
PO Box 640155,
Irving, TX 75064-0155.
For Expedited service,
National Passport Processing Center,
PO Box 90955,
Philadelphia, PA 19190-0955.
How do you get an expedited passport in Chicago?
If you are in urgent need of a passport, you can expedite your passport application process. Once you expedite it, the processing time is almost half when compared to the regular service. You need to pay an additional $60 along with your application fee of $110. The total cost will be $170. Make sure to mark “EXPEDITE” clearly on the passport envelope.
After you apply for your renewal with regular service, you can still upgrade it to Expedited service. Dial the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 and request expedited service.
If you don’t receive your passport within the expedited time frame, you can request a refund. This refund applies only to the expedited fee of $60 and not for regular fees or any travel expenses if you miss your trip because of this.
Passport renewal processing time in Chicago
- If you apply with routine service, it takes 18 weeks (includes up to 12 weeks processing and 6 weeks mailing on front and back end)to receive your passport.
- If you select an expedited service, the processing time is 12 weeks (includes up to 6 weeks processing and 6 weeks mailing on front and back end).
Only after 6 weeks of your request you can check your passport application status. You can either check online or phone. Don’t trouble yourself. Click2Visas will update your status in every step until you receive your passport.
Easy passport renewal steps with Click2Visas
As you know, applying online through government websites can be very stressful and time-consuming. Please check below easy 4 passport renewal steps,
- Visit to the Click2Visas widget and choose the option “Passport”.
- Log in it and complete the online passport renewal form and upload your photo and passport as per the instructions given.
- You will get your physical docket at your doorway. The physical docket has a filled passport renewal form, a printed and stapled passport photo, and a USPS envelope.
- Date and sign the form and you have to post it in the nearby USPS mailbox. Enclose payment check or money order, related documents.
Click2visas customer assistance is impeccable and very friendly. We have taken high-security measures, and your data is entirely safe with us. We know from our experience that getting a passport can be a problem, but with our experts, we make it very easy for you. More surprisingly, our service charge is very low compared with other passport agents.
what are the passport services you can avail with Click2visas?
Apply Chargeless USA and Nigeria Passport Services
We offer passport assistance service which provides filling of your passport application forms (either new or re-issuance) without any research from your end.