What is the passport processing time in Seattle?
You couldn’t travel worldwide anytime soon like most Seattleites. After all, many countries still are closed to the world tourist, making it impossible to travel. Even if your destination allows, you must clearly show that the COVID-19 test is a negative test to return to the USA. Although an international holiday is probably still a way off, you have to keep a check on your passport when it expires. Now, is the right time to renew your passport, although it does not expire in 2021.
5 reasons to renew US passport early
Reason 1: -Avoid delays in the Passport application process
The US State Department announced earlier this year that passport processing times are increased. It also alerted delays in receiving passport applications due to the unprecedented volume of mail and other COVID-19 effects on the Postal Service. Furthermore, it claims that COVID-19 has compelled its agencies and centers to provide minimal in-person services.
It makes sense to start renewing your passport now — even if it doesn’t expire until next year. Because you are unlikely to have any upcoming international trips, the delayed processing time should not affect your travel plans.
Reason 2: – Passport Validity Rule
Passports should have a minimum validity period of six months beyond the dates of your trip in some countries. That means that even if your passport is valid until 2022, you may be unable to travel in late 2021 if it expires within the next six months. In fact, some airlines will not allow you to board if your passport is about to expire.
Reason 3: – High Expedited Processing Fee
You can pay an additional fee to receive your passport faster, but it will cost you an extra $60 for expedited service. If you have family members who require the same service, the cost should be doubled or tripled.
Reason 4: – Domestic Needs
Domestic flights need a Real ID-compliant identification beginning Oct. 1. A US state-issued driver’s license or identification card with a star is considered a real ID. As per the Department of Homeland Security, residents of Washington, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, and Vermont states can use their Enhanced Driver’s License for Real ID purposes. To obtain Real ID-compliant identification, you must usually go to your state’s driver’s licensing office.
You can prevent a trip to the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) for a new license, however, by presenting other acceptable identification at the airport, such as a passport. Depending on how long the lines at your local DMV area, it may be easier to have a valid passport and utilize it for domestic and international travel.
Reason 5: – You are free now
The (CDC) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention may not recommend traveling right now, and there is nothing wrong with fantasizing about it. Why not add to your excitement by completing your passport paperwork? Apply for a passport and enjoy the benefits of daydreaming about your trip. When the time comes to travel, you won’t have to worry about the hassle of renewing your passport.
New passport renewal processing time in Seattle
- Routine Passport Processing Time – 18 weeks (includes up to 12 weeks processing and 6 weeks mailing).
- Expedited Passport Processing Time – 12 weeks (includes up to 6 weeks processing and 6 weeks mailing).
This is the current time frame not only in Seattle but all over the USA.
What are the rules to renew your passport?
In general, renewing your passport by mail is the most convenient option. You can do this if all of the following conditions are met:
- You have your passport and can submit it with your application.
- It is in a perfect condition, aside from normal wear and tear.
- Passport was issued to you when you were at least 16 years old.
- It was issued in the past 15 years.
- It was either issued under your current name, or you can provide documentation of a name change.
How to apply to renew your passport?
There are only 4 simple steps to renew your US passport.
- Step 1: – Visit the Click2Visas website, log in and complete the passport renewal form.
- Step 2: – Also, upload your photo with 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) and your passport copy.
- Step 3: – You will receive your physical docket at your doorway. The
physical docket has,
- A filled passport renewal form (DS-82).
- A printed and stapled passport photo.
- A USPS envelope.
- Step 4: – Before you mail, you
need to add the date and sign in the form.
You have to post it in the nearby USPS mailbox. You also need to enclose
- Present passport,
- Passport fee receipt as $110 for routine and $170 for Expedited either in the format of a money order or bank checks.
- Name change documents if applicable.
Payment mode should be either money order or bank check. Payable to “U.S. Department of State.” You need to print the full name and date of birth on the front of the check or money order. No online payment or cash.
For routine service, the mailing address for Seattleite is,
National Passport Processing Center
Post Office Box 90155
Philadelphia, PA 19190-0155.
In case if you choose expedited service, then we add “EXPEDITE” on the outside envelope and mail it to the below address,
National Passport Processing Center
Post Office Box 90955
Philadelphia, PA 19190-0955.
No matter where you travel, it’s a good idea to always have at least six months of passport validity past your intended departure date from your destination. Click2Visas highly recommends renewing your passport before 6 months of its expiration.
- Click2Visas has enough experience in US passport processing.
- Start-to-end passport assistance.
- Customer services are available 24/7 for your support.
- Fast, easy, and secure.
- 10x lower service charge.