Details about Malaysian visa online
In Malaysia, for those who want to immerse themselves in the ancient culture of Southeast Asia and see the quite impenetrable rainforests on one side and want to pamper themselves with some comfort on the other side, this travel destination is a great getaway. Yes, one can appreciate the dramatic contrast of modern rustic meetings in this iconic tourist destination. The requirements for a tourist visa Malaysia are fairly clear to meet. A tourist visa exempts most nationalities. EVisa or visa waiver may be used for the remainder. The E-visa procedure for Malaysia is entirely online, and an electronic visa is issued. Both the E-visa and the visa waiver are only for short-term stays. More and more countries are being introduced to the eVisa scheme, making it much simpler and quicker to apply for visas. Click2visas help to get a Malaysian visa online. This article will help to understand the Malaysia visa procedure.
Which nationalities are eligible for the Malaysia Visa?
The following nationalities are eligible for the Malaysia Visa:
- Montenegro and Serbia.
- Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
- China and Myanmar.
Which nationalities are exempt from the Malaysia Visa?
It depends on the country where your passport is located. Many nationalities are excluded from the Malaysia visa process. Rest has the option of receiving an E-visa or seeking a visa waiver. The E-visa process is quick, and an electronic visa is issued online. Malaysia’s criteria for entry are fairly clear. Malaysia’s visa policy is much liberal compared to other countries.
The following countries are exempted from a tourist visa to Malaysia: Maldives,
- People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria, Benin, Botswana, Cape Verde, Chad, Comoros, Egypt, Gabonese Republic, Gambia, The, Guinea, Kenya, Lesotho, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Namibia, Reunion, Republic of Senegal, Republic of Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somali Republic, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Republic of Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Sao Tome and Principe.
- Japan, Laos, and Macau.
- Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Saint Lucia, Sint Maarten, Trinidad and Tobago, US Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, Saint Kitts and Nevis, and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
- Republic of Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, French Republic, Federal Republic of Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Holy See, Republic of Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Republic of Moldova, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Kingdom of Spain, Kingdom of Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and the United Kingdom.
- Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Palestinian Territory, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
- Bermuda, Canada, the United Mexican States, and the United States of America.
- American Samoa, Australia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Palau, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.
- Argentine Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, The Republic of Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, the Eastern Republic of Uruguay, and Venezuela.
- Brunei, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Mongolia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam.
What are Malaysia visa types are available?
- Tourist Evisa
- Medical Evisa
- Visa on arrival
- ENTRI visa
Malaysia E-visa application is online at the Click2visas website. You can complete the Malaysia tourist visa application form online.
What about the Malaysia visa processing time for Tourist E visa?
A request for a Malaysia Visa can take two days to process. Applicants are advised to apply once the travel schedule is confirmed.
Details about Malaysia tourist visa fees for Indian passport holders?
Please use the Click2visas widget to find out the cost of the Malaysia tourist visa fees for Indian citizens. All other nationalities Malaysia Tourist Visa fees depend upon their citizenship.
What about the Malaysia tourist visa validity?
The Malaysia visa validity for Tourists is 90 days. You may apply for a Malaysia visa online.
What is the least passport validity to get a Malaysia tourist visa for Indian?
The minimum validity of a passport to reach Malaysia is six months. Your passport must be valid in Malaysia for a period of at least six months from the date of entry.
Visa on arrival:
The Malaysia Arrival Visa (VOA) is available to holders of passports from China and India coming from Thailand, Singapore, or Indonesia. Visa on arrival is only given for stays of up to seven days. The Malaysia Visa on Arrival has some unique rules to follow.
Special rules for Visa on arrival:
- Only passport holders from India and China are eligible for visas on arrival.
- True for stays of up to seven days, single admission only Qualified for Arrival Visa only on arrival from Thailand, Singapore, or Indonesia Valid visas from the arriving country must be in possession of (Thailand, Singapore, or Indonesia)
- Evidence of cash of at least 1000 USD Only from the following airports can they enter International Kuala Lumpur Airport (KLIA and KLIA2)
- International Airport in Bayan Lepas, Pulau Pinang Sultan Ismail, Airport Senai, Johor International Airport of Kota Kinabalu, Sabah Kuching, Sarawak International Airport,
- Only from the following land borders can it join Tuas-The Complex of Sultan Abu Bakar.
What is a Malaysia ENTRI Visa?
The Electronic Travel Registration & Information (ENTRI) is a tourism-facilitating visa exemption program introduced by Malaysia for Indian nationals. As you need to apply in advance and registration is required to enter the country, most visitors refer to the eNTRI document as a visa. As evidence of registration, an ENTRI note will be released, and this needs to be presented upon arrival in Malaysia.
How does the Malaysia ENTRI visa work?
The Electronic Travel Registration & Information (ENTRI) was introduced by the Government of Malaysia in March 2017, enabling people from India to visit Malaysia. Applicants will obtain their visas by email, after filling out the application form with the correct details and after the completion of the online payment process. Upon arrival in Malaysia, the paper must be addressed.
Overview of Malaysia ENTRI:
- MalaysiaENTRI (Electronic Travel Registration and Information) in Malaysia is not a visa. It is a document that declares that you are entitled to use the visa waiver program (called ENTRI note).
- The Malaysian visa waiver scheme is available for a limited period for passport holders from China and India.
- Approval for ENTRI is immediate. Your Malaysia ENTRI note must be printed and submitted at the first port of entry in Malaysia.
Special Rules for ENTRI visa:
- ENTRI is valid for a stay of up to 15 days.
- For a single entry only.
- No extensions permitted.
- The ENTRI is valid for three months.
- Up to 30 days in advance, ENTRI can be reported.
- You should wait three months to apply for ENTRI (use visa waiver) again if you have used ENTRI previously. It’s called the time of cooling off.
What are the documents for Malaysian tourist visa requirements and also common types of visas?
Documents needed for the Malaysian tourist visa and also common visas:
- A recent passport-sized photo as stipulated in the Guidelines on the E-visa application website.
- A valid return flight ticket.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Minor Birth Certificate.
- Evidence of sufficient funds (Cash / Traveler’s Cheques / Debit or Credit Card(s)) to cover your expenses while in Malaysia.
- Extra documentation is subject to the specifications of the country from which you apply.
How to apply for a Malaysia visa online for Indian?
It is quite simple to complete the request. Please follow the below steps carefully:
- Choose the departure and arrival country, select the required visa type, enter your name, and click ‘CLICK TO START.’
- Verify the visa fee and terms and conditions on the next page.
- On the third page, enter your basic details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents (you can upload the documents in a later stage also).
- After that, review and confirm the information of your form, then proceed with the payment. We support all types of cards for payment.
- You will receive the invoice and a confirmation mail with a link in your registered email id.
- Click the link and complete the remaining form (you can also upload the document at this stage), and submit it for processing.
- Once the e-visa is approved, click2visas will send your visa to your email in PDF format.
What is the Malaysia visa Requirements for India passport holders?
- Indian passport holders residing in India or abroad other than Singapore are eligible for ENTRI.
- Eligible for ENTRI only if coming directly from India to Malaysia and returning directly back to India.
- A direct inbound airplane from India to Malaysia and a direct return flight from Malaysia to India must be given.
- (OR) An inbound flight from India and a return flight via Singapore, Thailand, or Brunei to India.
Only at the following airports may they enter by air:
- International Airport in Kuala Lumpur, Sepang (KLIA & KLIA 2).
- Penang International Airport, Pulau Pinang International Airport.
- International Airport in Langkawi, Kedah.
- International Airport in Melaka, Melaka.
- International Airport in Senai, Johor.
- Kuching International Airport, Sarawak.
- Miri International Airport, Sarawak.
- Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Sabah.
- Labuan International Airport, Sabah.
Only at the following borders may they enter by land.
- Sultan Iskandar Building Checkpoint for Immigration, Johor.
- Checkpoint Sultan Abu Bakar, Johor.
- Checkpoint Padang Besar, Perlis.
- Checkpoint Bukit Kayu Hitam, Kedah.
- Sungai Tujuh Checkpoint for Immigration, Sarawaka.
- Tedungan Checkpoint for Immigration, Sarawak.
Immigration and Customs:
- If you need a visa to fly to the destination country, most airlines do not let you check-in online.
- Either way, whether you check-in online or at the airport, make sure to arrive at the gate a little early to see the airline employees. Often they have to go through the visa requirements again, check the paperwork, and place on your boarding pass a “Docs Ok” sticker.
- Make sure your passport is valid from the day of travel for at least 6 months.
Details of Entry:
Visa on Arrival:
Go to the Malaysia Visa on Arrival (VOA) segment on arrival. In order to obtain your Malaysian tourist visa, you must produce all the documents and fees necessary.
Go straight to immigration and customs on arrival. Handover your E-visa print along with your original passport. On the E-visa, the immigration officer may sign or mark it, showing that it is accepted and used. Keep this copy of E-visa till you depart from Malaysia.
Go straight to immigration and customs on arrival. Handover along with your original passport the print of your ENTRI note. For supporting documentation, the immigration officer may ask. So be ready to provide any supporting documentation you need, such as return tickets, proof of funds, etc.
On arrival visa, head straight to the immigration and customs.
At the exit, you’ll go through passport control. Exit formalities are reasonably rapid, but make sure that this takes a little extra time into account. If you have overstayed your visa, no questions will be answered.
Is it safe and secure if I use Click2visas to have my visa?
Many individuals fear that information leaks online and that their sensitive information is at risk of getting into the wrong hands. That is not the case with our facilities, however. We have full protection and confidentiality for your personal data, and we invest a lot in the protection of our servers. Your personal details could be safer.
Where can I find detailed information about Malaysia visa requirements for Indian if I have more concerns?
If you need more details about Malaysia visa for Indian citizens, you can chat with Click2visas, and we’ll be delighted to assist you. Start your adventure today, and worry about what you should take on your trip, and leave the rest to us.