A guide for Vietnam Visa on Arrival
The Socialist Republic of Vietnam is the world’s most visited holiday destination, with its beautiful beaches, rolling green hills, and cities teeming with history and culture. You are sure to find a home in this great region, whether you’re a nature lover, an adventure enthusiast, or a history buff.Vietnam Visa is on Arrival, an easy online way to obtain a visa to visit Vietnam. The Vietnam Visa is on Arrival facilitates many ways of entering this country. One is to prohibit the applicant from going to an embassy or consulate to process a visa and to follow a lengthy procedure to receive one. Tourists can now reach this country more easily by obtaining a visa upon arrival, thanks to the new system introduced by the Vietnam government. Note, the VOA and the Medical Declaration are documents needed to enter this country for now.
What would I need to seek a Vietnam Visa on Arrival?
When you reach Vietnam, you will need to show the following:
- Vietnam Visa on Arrival approval letter.
- Valid passport for stamping, with at least one blank page.
- Vietnam Medical Declaration.
- 2 Passport photos (4 x 6 cm).
- Form of entry/exit, given by the airline.
- Visa Stamping fee.
What if my passport has expired when I apply for Vietnam Visa on Arrival?
To apply for a visa to visit Vietnam, your passport must be valid for a period of at least six months after application. Therefore, when your passport expires, please renew it to avoid unwanted issues at the airport before applying for a visa to Vietnam.
What is the Vietnam Visa on Arrival approval letter?
The Vietnam Visa Authorisation Letter is a document issued by the Immigration Department of Vietnam that allows you to enter and leave Vietnam for a given period.
Can I fly into any airport to obtain my Vietnam visa on Arrival?
No. The Vietnam Visa on Arrival (VOA) can only be approved at the following airports:
- Ho Chi Minh City Airport that is Tan Son Nhat International Airport.
- Hanoi Airport that is Noi Bai International Airport.
- Da Nang (DAD) Airport (DaNang).
- Hai Phong Airport or Catbi International Airport (HPH).
- Nha Trang (Cam Ranh International Airport)
When granting multiple entry visas, you can enter / exit Vietnam from any point of entry (airports, seaports, land checkpoints) once you are inside Vietnam.
How many categories of Vietnam Visa on arrival are there?
Various types of Vietnam Visa on Arrival are issued depending on the duration of stay, the number of entries, and intent of the visit:
- Single entry visa – 1 month.
- Multiple entry visa – 1 month.
- Single entry visa – 3 months.
- Multiple entry visa – 3 months.
Can I enter Vietnam earlier than the date stated in my Vietnam visa on arrival approval letter?
You are not authorized to enter Vietnam before the date set out in your Vietnam visa on arrival approval letter.
Should I choose a Vietnam visa on Arrival Single entry or multiple entries?
It’s based on your travel plans. If you are looking to stay in Vietnam for the whole duration of your trip, a Vietnam visa on Arrival single entry visa would be appropriate. However, if you intend to visit any neighboring country (e.g., Laos and Cambodia) and then re-enter Vietnam, you will need a multiple-entry visa. This will allow you to enter Vietnam country as many times as you like.
Where do I get my Vietnam visa on Arrival to get stamped?
There is a landing visa counter in front of the check-in counter at the airports’ arrival hall. Before that, you will need to present your Vietnam Medical Declaration and other documents to the medical officer.
How can I extend my Vietnam visa?
When your Vietnam visa expires, please contact the Vietnam Immigration Office at 44- 46 Tran Phu Street, Ba Dinh District, Ha Noi, Vietnam; No#161 Nguyen Du Street (Ho Chi Minh City), or any other Vietnam Immigration Offices.
Do I need a Yellow Fever Vaccination to travel to Vietnam?
Yellow Fever vaccination is needed if you travel from a country at risk of transmission of yellow fever.
How many days a Vietnam visa on Arrival valid for?
The Vietnam visa on Arrival will be valid in total for 30 days or in total for 90 days from arrival, depending on the choice you select at the time of application.
Can I enter Vietnam by land if I apply for a Vietnam visa on Arrival?
No, as Vietnam Visa on Arrival is only available for travelers entering Vietnam by air.
Will I be required to pay a visa fee when I arrive in Vietnam?
Yes. This is a letter of approval on arrival visa, not the actual visa. Upon arrival, the visa will be issued, where you will be required to pay the stamping fee. The stamping fee for Vietnam visas is set by the Vietnam Ministry of Finance and must be paid in cash. It accepts no credit card. The visa stamping fee is payable in USD, VND, AUD, etc. but to prevent unbalanced exchange rates, USD is strongly recommended.
How can a US citizen and others apply for a Vietnam Visa on Arrival?
It is quite simple to complete the request. Please follow the below steps carefully:
- Choose the departure and arrival country, select the required visa type, enter your name, and click ‘CLICK TO START.’
- Verify the visa fee and terms and conditions on the next page.
- On the third page, enter your basic details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents (you can upload the documents in a later stage also).
- After that, review and confirm the information of your form, then proceed with the payment. We support all types of cards for payment.
- You will receive the invoice and a confirmation mail with a link in your registered email id.
- Click the link and complete the remaining Vietnam Visa on Arrival form (you can also upload the document in this stage) and submit it for processing.
- Once the evisa is approved, click2visas will send your visa to your email in PDF format.