Criteria to get a Kenyan visa online
Kenya is known for the “big five”-tigers, elephants, leopards, rhinos, and buffalo-the place to go on a safari. Big game hunting has increasingly given way to the more environmentally friendly wildlife safaris that have helped Kenya become one of Africa’s most successful tourist destinations. National parks give tourists the ability to perform a range of recreational activities ranging from camping or scuba diving to beach or spa visiting. Mount Kenya and the Maasai Mara are two of the most popular scenery in Kenya, and the most sought after by tourists. The former is a spectacular collection of snow-capped peaks that make up the country’s tallest mountain chain, while the latter includes a vast savannah, home to the Maasai warrior community and annual wildebeest migration, one of the great natural spectacles in the region.
What is Kenya’s eVisa?
The Kenya eVisa is an online visa travel authorization that requires nationals of qualifying countries to travel to the Republic of Kenya for recreation, business, and medical reasons for short-term stays. The word Kenya E-Visa refers to certain Kenyan visas issued electronically rather than by filling out paper-based visas.
What are the three main Kenya eVisa types?
The three main Kenya eVisa types are as follows:
- Kenya Tourist Visa is a single entry visa given to people from countries that need a visa to access Kenya, the main objective of which is tourism. It is generally appropriate for 90 days for stays of 90 days, but it can be extended once in the country for stays of up to six months.
- Kenya Transit Visa is also a single entry visa for individuals travelling through Kenya to other countries and if they wish to leave the airport. It is valid for three days from the date of entry, for a stay of 72 hours.
- Kenya Business Visa is a single entry visa given to persons wishing to do business in Kenya. It is valid for 90 days for stays of up to 90 days.
What are the requirements for a Kenyan visa online?
A service charge and a card handling fee are applied to almost all Kenya E-Visa forms, although the amounts differ based on the type of visa. The transit visa costs are lower compared to visitors and business visas. The specific requirements for a single entry visa for Kenya include:
- Valid documentation of travel
- Photography of the applicant
- Ticket of Departure
Transit Visa requires that you have an onward fare before applying. Applicants are often expected to connect separate documents based on the method of travel.
Business travelers must connect an invitation letter from the hosting company, along with a copy of the company’s registration.
Tourists must add a specific passport picture that meets the requirements and a valid passport biodata page.
What are the Photo requirements for a Kenyan visa online?
- Don’t Really take a snapshot of your passport or scan it.
- It must be taken in the last six months, showing your present appearance.
- It must be colored.
- The front view with a simple white or off-white backdrop would reveal the entire face.
- You must wear standard street attire. Uniforms in photos should NOT be worn except for religious clothing that is worn every day.
- Do not wear a hat or headgear that darkens your hair or your hairline.
- You should wear them for your appearance if you currently wear prescription glasses, a hearing aid, a wig, or similar items.
- Unless you need them for medical purposes, dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not appropriate. There could be a need for a medical certificate.
How long does it take to obtain a Kenya evisa?
The processing time for obtaining a Kenya evisa is up to 5 business days.
When is my Kenya Evisa due to expire?
An e-Visa to Kenya, once issued, is valid for 90 days after issue. When you apply to immigration control at the port of entry, you will be given a term of stay not exceeding 90 days in Total, which can be extended for another 90 days in Total at the Immigration Headquarters. The maximum number of days a tourist can stay in Kenya is 90 days.
Do I need to bring Kenyan evisa with me while traveling?
Kenya’s e-Visa on their device is checked by the immigration officer at the airports. Applicants are widely advised to carry a copy of their e-Visa on or preferably print it out on their mobile computer. This is highly important in case a system malfunction happens at the entry point.
How much is the Kenyan visa online?
For all eligible nationalities, Kenya eVisa ‘s visa cost is 51USD. We additionally add 10 USD for the service fee.
What are the criteria for a Kenya E-visa?
- You have to be outside Kenya.
- Your passport must be valid for a minimum duration of 6 months from your arrival in Kenya.
- You must validate your flight departing Kenya.
- During your visit, you must demonstrate your ability to support yourself.
- Your entry must not infringe anybody’s security and national health in Kenya.
How to apply for a Kenyan visa online?
It is quite a simple step for applying for a Kenyan visa. Kindly follow the below steps carefully:
- Choose the departure and arrival country, select the required visa type, enter your name, and click ‘CLICK TO START.’
- Verify the visa fee and terms and conditions on the next page.
- On the third page, enter your basic details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents (you can upload the documents in a later stage also).
- After that, review and confirm the information of your form, then proceed with the payment. We support all types of cards for payment.
- You will receive the invoice and a confirmation mail with a link in your registered email id.
- Click the link and complete the remaining form (you can also upload the document in this stage) and submit it for processing.
- Once the visa process is completed, click2visas will send your visa related documents to your email.