Important facts on E Transit visa Kenya
Details on E Transit visa Kenya:
Kenya is a country bordering the Indian Ocean and Lake Victoria in Eastern Africa. They include Ethiopia, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda. Special Kenyan physiography supports rich and varied biodiversity of scientific and economic interest, from the highlands to glaciers. Kenya has member status in the Common Market for East and South Africa (COMESA) and the Eastern African Community (EAC).
What is the E Transit visa Kenya?
The E Transit visa Kenya is a short-term visa granted for persons connecting through Kenya to other destinations for not exceeding 72 hours. This type of visa is granted for transit purposes only. Those flying directly without leaving the airport do not have to apply for Transit Visas.
Which nationalities are eligible for the E Transit visa Kenya?
The following nationalities are eligible for the E Transit visa Kenya:
- People's Democratic Republic of Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Burundi,
- Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo,
- Republic of the Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Republic of Djibouti,
- Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Kenya, Lesotho, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Reunion, Rwanda,
- Sao Tome and Principe, Somali Republic, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan,
- Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize,
- British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica,
- Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala,
- Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua,
- Panama, Puerto Rico, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines,
- Sint Maarten, Trinidad and Tobago and US Virgin Islands.
- Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan
- Republic of Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina,
- Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland,
- French Republic, Federal Republic of Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Holy See,
- Republic of Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania,
- Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Republic of Moldova,
- Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania,
- San Marino, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Kingdom of Spain,
- Kingdom of Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, and the United Kingdom.
- Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Israel,
- Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestinian Territories,
- Qatar, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
- Bermuda, Canada, the United Mexican States, and the United States of America.
- American Samoa, Australia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam,
- Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Caledonia,
- New Zealand, Palau, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.
- Argentine Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia,
- The Republic of Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay,
- Peru, Suriname, the Eastern Republic of Uruguay, and Venezuela.
- Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
- Brunei, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia,
- Mongolia, Myanmar, North Korea, Papua New Guinea, Taiwan,
- Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam.
Which nationalities are exempt from the E Transit visa Kenya?
The following nationalities are exempted from E Transit visa Kenya:
- Botswana, Burundi, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Lesotho,
- Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone,
- Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe South African Nationals are exempted for up to 30 days.
- Commonwealth of the Bahamas, Barbados (Caribbean island), Belize,
- Dominica (Caribbean island), Grenada, Jamaica (Caribbean island),
- Saint Kitts and Nevis (Caribbean island), Saint Lucia (Caribbean island),
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad, and Tobago
- Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu
- Maldives and Malaysia Nationals are exempted for up to 30 days.
- Brunei, Papua New Guinea, Singapore
How much does it cost to get an E Transit visa Kenya?
The cost of an E Transit visa Kenya is listed below:
||Kenya government charges
||Click2visas Service cost
To find out the exact cost, use the Click2visas widget.
How long does it take to obtain an E Transit visa Kenya?
The E Transit visa Kenya application may take two business days for processing. The applicant must apply once the travel plan is confirmed.
How long is an E Transit visa Kenya good for?
An E Transit visa Kenya is valid for 90 days before your travel. A single entry will be allowed within the e-Visa validity period stamped on the passport.
What is the maximum number of days I can stay in Kenya with an E Transit visa Kenya?
The maximum number of days you can stay in Kenya is less than three days.
What conditions must the applicant's passport meet for the E Transit visa Kenya?
A passport should have at least six months validity when the application is made for the granting of the Transit e-Visa. The passport should have at least one free page for stamps at the immigration point.
What else does the applicant need to travel to Kenya using the E Transit visa Kenya?
For E Transit visa Kenya, the following documents are needed:
- Valid travel document (Passport) with a validity of not less than six months. And at least One Blank page in the holder's passport.
- Color Photographs must be taken within the past six months, showing your current appearance.
- An onward ticket
Can I enter Kenya with the E Transit visa Kenya at any port of entry?
You may arrive at any of 11 designated airports: JKIA Nairobi, Wajir Airport, Wilson Airport Nairobi, MIA Mombasa, KIA Kisumu, Malindi Airport, Lamu Airport, EIA Eldoret, Garissa Airstrip, Lokichogio Airport, Isiolo Airport.
Can the traveler apply for the E Transit visa Kenya while in Kenya?
No. The E Transit visa Kenya must be obtained before you enter into Kenya.
Does the traveler need to carry the E Transit visa Kenya with them?
The traveler should carry a copy of the E Transit visa Kenya with them when entry into Kenya.
If the applicant is traveling with children, are they required to apply for the Kenya visa?
Yes. A child's passport must be valid for at least the next six months after the date of arrival in Kenya.
Can I work under a Kenya visa?
No. a Kenya visa is not valid for employment. You must apply for a regular visa to work in Kenya.
What is required of a traveler with two passports applying for a Kenya visa?
Travelers with dual or multiple citizenships must choose which nationality and passport to use on their trip.
Can a traveler have a passport of an eligible country and live in another country while applying for a Kenya visa?
Yes. However, travelers applying for a Kenya visa must apply using the passport of the eligible country.
Can the applicant apply online for a Kenya visa if they do not have a valid passport but a temporary travel document?
No. You cannot apply online if you have a valid passport from an eligible country with at least six months of validity.
Does the applicant have to submit a physical passport to receive the Kenya visa?
No. The applicant will receive an electronic visa, which requires anything to be stamped before travel. All visas are sent via email. The applicant should print out a copy of their visa before they travel and bring it to the port of entry. At the point of entry, the Kenya e-visa should be presented to an immigration officer who then grants permission to enter the Republic of Kenya by stamping the holder's passport.
What type of activities does the Kenya visa allow?
When using a visa to Kenya from the USA, you can use it for connecting through Kenya to other destinations for duration of not exceeding 72 hours. Those flying directly without leaving the airport do not have to apply for Transit Visas.
How does the applicant prove the purpose of their travel while applying for a Kenya visa?
The applicant must prove the purpose of travel by presenting a valid passport and onward flight ticket.
Does the applicant need to visit the Kenya Consulate to get their Kenya visa?
No. Upon approval, Click2Visas will send the applicant their Kenya visa via email in PDF format.
Can anyone apply for the Kenya visa online?
No. Only citizens from eligible countries can apply for the Kenya visa. Use our visa widget to see you qualify for the Kenya visa.
Does the applicant need to apply for the Kenya visa before arriving?
Yes, all travelers need to have a valid Kenya visa before traveling to Kenya.
Does the applicant have to enter Kenya on the exact date specified in their application for a Kenya visa?
No, the validity period of the Kenya visa begins from the date specified on their application. The traveler can enter Kenya on any date within this period.
Does obtaining the Kenya visa guarantee the applicant's entry into Kenya?
No. The Kenya visa is just a landing authorization. It's up to Kenya's customs authorities to allow entry to a traveler upon arrival.
Where is the Embassy of Kenya located in the United States of America?