Things to know before applying Indian Visa Application
India continues to be a popular tourist, medical and business destination for interested US people in the area. India is a rich and vibrant country with various cultures and traditions, making it an ideal destination for explorers. That’s why in 2018, more than one million US people applied for an Indian visa and visited the country. It’s very easy to obtain a tourist visa for India and 100 percent online. For India, virtually all nationalities require a visa, and US citizens aren’t the exception. If you plan on visiting the country, you can apply for an Indian visa online. Apart from tourism, India receives significant portions of medical tourists annually from the USA.
Do the holders of US passports need an Indian visa to enter India?
Travelers in the USA are expected to obtain an Indian visa to enter India. American nationals can obtain the India eVisa for short-term stays at this time. American people are eligible for an Indian Visa that is e-Visa from India, which is a double-entry visa which allows stays of up to 60 days in the country. The e-Visa from India makes it easier for U.S. tourists to obtain a visa to fly to the country. To apply for an Indian visa online, American travelers must meet a few requirements. Travelers from the United States can visit India for tourism, industry, or medical purposes. An Indian visa for the U.S. will offer them a stay of up to 60 days from the country’s first entry date.
What types of Indian visa do a traveller need to visit India?
To visit India for short term, a traveller can apply for any below Indian visa types:
- Tourist eVisa.
- Business eVisa.
- Medical eVisa.
What is an Indian visa for Tourism?
Travelers to India whose aim is sight-seeing / recreation, to meet friends and relatives or short term yoga program, taking a course that is not longer than 6 months, and a course that does not grant a degree or diploma certificate, coming in a volunteer job that lasts for up to 1 month, are need to apply for an electronic Tourist Indian visa, also known as e-Tourist Visa for India.
How long a traveller can stay in India with an e-Tourist Indian Visa?
A traveller can stay up to 180 days India, during each visit with an e-Tourist Indian Visa.
What are the requirements for a travelers to apply for an e-Tourist Indian visa?
- All travelers are required to submit a scanned first-page color copy or their correct passport biographical page.
- The applicant must also present a recent color photograph of a passport.
Do I need to obtain a separate e-visa for young children, who are travelling with me?
Yes, every passenger has to keep their own e-Visa irrespective of their age.
What are the activities I can do in India under an Indian visa for Business?
With an Indian visa for Business you can able to do the following activities in India:
- For selling products in India or for service.
- For purchasing of Indian products or services.
- For attending technical, sales, and any other business meetings.
- For the establishment of industrial or company project.
- For trips to be carried out.
- Giving lectures.
- To recruit personnel and to acquire local talent.
- Enables participation in trade shows, exhibits, and trade fairs. Any professional and specialist may make use of this service for a commercial project.
- Any professional and specialist may make use of this service for a commercial project.
How long can US citizens stay in India with an e-Business Indian Visa?
Indian Visa for Business is valid for 1 Year, and multiple entries are permitted. For each visit, the permanent stay does not exceed 180 days.
What are the entry requirements for an Indian Visa for Business?
Indian visa for business requires the following documents:
- 6 months passport validity at the time of entry into India.
- Information on the visited Indian company or trade show.
- Applicant face image.
- Business card or email signature or Invitation Letter.
What is an Indian visa for Medical?
Travelers to India whose intention is to engage in medical treatment for themselves need to apply for an Indian Visa for Medical in electronic format, also known as e-Medical Visa for India. There is a supplementary visa related to this called Medical Attendant Indian Visa.
How long can you stay in India with an e-Medical Indian visa?
Indian Visa for Medical purposes is valid for 60 days from the date of the first accession to India. It allows for Triple Entry so the holder can enter India up to three times with a valid e-Medical Indian visa.
What are the requirements for an Indian visa for Medical?
Indian visa for Medical requires the below documents:
- Passport validity at the time of entry to India is 6 months.
- A scanned color copy of their current passport’s first (biographical) entry.
- A recent color photo in passport format.
- Copy of the Hospital’s Letter concerned in India on its Official Letterhead.
What are the ports I use while using the Indian visa for entering and exiting India?
Indian Visa is eligible for entry through 26 approved airports (i.e., Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi & Vishakhapatnam and 5 shipping ports named (i.e., Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Mumbai, Chennai); Travelers may, however, exit any of India’s approved Immigration Check Posts (ICPs).
When traveling to Republic of India, do I need a Yellow Fever vaccination?
It depends. India will need evidence of vaccination against yellow fever if you come from a country at risk of yellow fever.
How to apply for an Indian visa?
It is quite simple to complete the request. Please follow the below steps carefully:
- Choose the departure and arrival country, select the required visa type, enter your name, and click ‘CLICK TO START.’
- Verify the visa fee and terms and conditions on the next page.
- On the third page, enter your basic details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents (you can upload the documents in a later stage also).
- After that, review and confirm the information of your form, then proceed with the payment. We support all types of cards for payment.
- You will receive the invoice and a confirmation mail with a link in your registered email id.
- Click the link and complete the remaining Indian visa form (you can also upload the document in this stage) and submit it for processing.
- Once the evisa is approved, click2visas will send your visa to your email in PDF format.
What are the India visas you can apply with Click2Visas?
Apply E-Medical Attendant Visa to India
E-Medical Attendant Visa is a valid traveler permit to enter and stay in a India for a period of time, which predetermined for Medical Attendant trips.
Apply Business E-visa to India
Business E-Visa is an authorization document for eligible nationals to enter India to involve in Business, Conference, and Investment related activities.
Apply Tourist E-visa to India
Tourist E-Visa is a valid traveler permit to enter and stay in a India for a period of time, which predetermined for tourism and Holiday purposes.
Apply E-Medical Visa to India
E-Medical Visa is travel authority for a visitor to enter India. This is primarily for Medical treatments, or other Health related treatments.