Do US Citizens need a Visa for Laos?
All US residents, whether for business or tourism, need a visa to fly Laos. Many foreign nationals are requesting a visa. Click2visas will help you get a visa to Laos. A Laos’s visa is an authorized government document allowing you to be in the country temporarily. To gain entry, many countries need a visa. The Laos visa is in the form of a stamp and sticker in the passport and is obtained from a Washington DC Laos embassy or consulates around the country. Visas for your visit are issued from Laos’s embassy or consulates. “Visit” is furthered define as the reason for entry, normally business, tourist, or tourist e-visa single Entry. If you intend to live less than 30 days from the date of arrival in the country, you will apply for an E-Visa.
For what reason does Laos issue visas for travel?
The business visa in Laos is normally granted for a period of visit not to exceed 30 days for one single entry within two months of the date of the issue. In Laos, the visa may be extended for another 30 days. A multi-entry business visa can only be approved after a joint venture company has been established in Laos.
Tourist / Visitor Visa:
The Laos tourist visa is normally valid within two months from the date of issue for a stay period not to exceed 30 days for one single entry. In Laos, the visa can be extended for another 15 days.
Tourist E-visa Single Entry:
The E-visa was introduced by the Government of Laos to ease the visa approval process. The Laos E-visa grants a single stay of up to 30 days from the day of the country’s entry. The Laos E-visa grants a single entry through seven (7) ports of entry into the country. E-visa can be proceeding with-in three working days.
How many days will it take to receive a Laos visa?
Usually, it takes 2 to 15 days to process the visa in Laos, depending on the embassy to apply the application and on some other factors.
Do US Citizens need a Visa for Laos? What is the process?
It is quite simple to complete the request. Please follow the below steps carefully:
1. Choose the departure and arrival country, select the required visa type, enter your name, and click ‘CLICK TO START.’
2. Verify the visa fee and terms and conditions on the next page.
3. On the third page, enter your basic details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents (you can upload the documents in a later stage also).
4. After that, review and confirmed the information of your application form, then proceed with the payment. We support all types of cards for payment.
5. You will receive the invoice and a confirmation mail with a link in your registered email id.
6. Click the link and complete the remaining form (you can also upload the document in this stage) and submit it for processing.
7. Once the visa process is completed, click2visas will send your visa related documents to your email.
8. Based on your Consulate’s application procedure, you can submit and collect the visa application by visit or Mail. You will be notified by the Consulate about the decision made to your application.
Do US Citizens need a Visa for Laos? If so, which documents are required?
Basic Document Requirements:
Passport: Applicants must apply for their current passport with a signature. Visas are stamped into a passport, and you need the original passport.
Photo Requirement: Applicant must send two (2) images of similar color, passport-type. The pictures must be recent and should not necessarily be the same as for the passport itself. Passport photographers are aware of the requirements and have special cameras that simultaneously shoot two identical images. At most Post Offices, Kinko’s, Mailboxes Etc, or similar places, as well as local photo shops, you can have passport photographs made. The images must fulfill the following requirements:
- 2 inches by 2 cm
- Pale background or white with a full profile, front view
- The pictures must have taken in the last six months
- If images are digital, they should be printed at least 300 dpi, preferably 600 dpi
- Do not wear uniforms
Proof of Travel: Applicants must request a computer-generated itinerary from a travel agent or online booking service (such as an e – confirmation or online booking) showing their departure from the United States and arrival/departure for the destination.Remember, if the charters manifest should be sufficient to fly via private charter.
Additional Document Requirement for Business Purposes:
Business Cover Letter: Applicant must apply a US company’s Business Cover Letter (BCL). The BCL must be an original, signed company letterhead document indicating the date, period, and intent of travel, specifying a contact and address at the host company and acknowledging the applicant’s moral and financial obligation. The letter would allow the applicant to apply for a business visa. The title should be mentioned, and Responsibility of the applicant within the organization, what will the applicant do in the country, which the applicant will visit the country when the applicant is there, and for how long and that the applicant is financially and morally responsible for the business when he/she is in the country. Start by thanking the Consular General for considering the submission.
Invitation Letter: Applicant must send an invitation letter from the group or association hosting it. The letter should introduce the applicant, explain the intent of the trip, including the visit dates, and be signed by a company with contact information.Copies scanned and/or printed are usually appropriate. The letter is written by the welcoming organization in the host country and should be sent to the welcoming country consular general and provide comprehensive details on the journey. It will announce the title of the applicant in the business, what the applicant is going to do in that country, who is the applicant going to visit the country, including their contact details and the approximate travel dates. Close by thanking the Consular General for their thoughtfulness.
Additional Document Requirement for Tourist Purposes:
Applicants under 18 years: Even though applicants may send documents along with other family members, applications are handled individually when submitted to an embassy or Consulate. If the applicant is younger than eighteen, include:
- Color copies of valid parent passports.
- Where either or both parents do not have valid passports, include color copies of a driving license or any other valid ID issued by the State.
- If one or both parents are not residents of the United States, carry copies of US visas and permanent resident cards (Green Card).
- Include a photocopy of a birth certificate for the infant.
- Have a letter of visa and travel authorization for children.
Is Click2Visas safe to access my visa from Laos?
With CLICK2VISAS, your private data is more secure as we give you complete security for your personal information, anonymity, and we invest a lot in security for our servers.