Travel guide on Tourist Single Entry Laos Visa for US Citizens
Tourism in Laos:
A vacation in Laos will undoubtedly pass in a blur of happy faces and a chorus of 'baw pen nyang' - no worries! It's all too easy to romanticize the seemingly idyllic Laotian way of life. The Laotian Republic is a landlocked country with a small population. The country is known for its spectacular landscape, including lofty mountains, lush jungles, gleaming rice fields, and tea leaves covering the mountain surface.
What is a Laos Visa for US Citizens?
The Laos Visa is a short-term visa issued to US residents for tourism purposes. This form of visa is issued only for pleasure, sightseeing.
Which nationalities are eligible for the Laos Visa for US Citizens?
The following nationalities are eligible for the Laos Visa for US Citizens:
- The Republic of Angola, Republic of Benin, Republic of Botswana,
- Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros,
- Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia,
- Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco,
- Namibia, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Seychelles, Somalia, South Africa,
- Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, and Uganda.
- Antigua and Barbuda, Commonwealth of The Bahamas,
- Barbados, Belize, Republic of Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica,
- Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Republic of Haiti,
- Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Panama, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia,
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and Trinidad and Tobago.
- Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
- Republic of Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium,
- Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus,
- Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, French Republic,
- Federal Republic of Germany, Greece, Republic of Hungary,
- Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania,
- Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Macedonia, Republic of Moldova,
- Principality of Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway,
- Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovak Republic,
- Slovenia, Kingdom of Spain, Kingdom of Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, and the UK.
- Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Georgia, Israel, Kuwait,
- Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
- Canada, United Mexican States, and the USA.
- Australia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia,
- New Zealand, Palau, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.
- The Argentine Republic, Plurinational State of Bolivia, Brazil,
- Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
- Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, and Sri Lanka.
- Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia,
- Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, North Korea, Papua New Guinea,
- Republic of the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan,
- Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam.
Which nationalities are eligible for 14 days exemption of the Laos Visa for US Citizens?
Myanmar nationality is eligible for 14 days exemption of the Laos Visa for US Citizens. If you want to stay for more than the specified period, you need a visa to travel.
Which nationalities are eligible for 15 days exemption of the Laos Visa for US Citizens?
Japan, Luxembourg, and Switzerland nationalities are eligible for 15 days of the Laos Visa exemption for US Citizens. If you want to stay for more than the specified period, you need a visa to travel.
Which nationalities are eligible for 30 days exemption of the Laos Visa for US Citizens?
Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, and Vietnam nationalities are eligible for 15 days exemption of the Laos Visa for US Citizens. If you want to stay for more than the specified period, you need a visa to travel.
How much it takes to earn Laos Visa for US Citizens?
The cost of a Tourist Single Entry Laos Visa for US Citizens is listed below:
||Laos government charges
||36USD to 59 USD
||Click2visas Service cost
To find out the exact cost, use the Click2visas widget.
How long does it take to obtain a Laos Visa for US Citizens?
The Laos Visa for US Citizens application may take three days for processing. The applicant must apply once the travel plan is confirmed.
How long is a Laos Visa for US Citizens good for?
A Laos Visa for US Citizens is valid for 60 days from the first arrival in Laos. Single entry only will be allowed within the e-Visa validity period stamped on the passport.
What is the maximum number of days I can stay in Laos with a Laos Visa for US Citizens?
The maximum number of days you can stay in Laos is 30 Days.
What requirements must be met by the applicant's passport for the Laos Visa for US Citizens?
A passport should have at least six months validity when the application is made for the granting of the Tourist e-Visa.
What else does the applicant need to travel to Laos using the Laos Visa for US Citizens?
For Laos Visa for US Citizens, the following documents are needed:
- Photograph size 4x6 cm (have been taken no longer than 6 six months).
- Passport cover page and Passport bio page.
- Additional documents may be required.
Can I enter Laos with the Laos Visa for US Citizens at any port of entry?
You may arrive at any of the five designated airports:
- Wattay International Airport (Vientiane Capital), Luang Prabang International Airport (Luang Prabang Province),
- Pakse International Airport (Champasack Province), Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge I (Vientiane Capital), Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge II (Savanakhet Province).
Can the traveler apply for the Laos Visa for US Citizens while in Laos?
No. The Laos Visa for US Citizens must be obtained before you enter Laos.
Does the traveler need to carry the Laos Visa for US Citizens with them?
The traveler should carry a copy of the Laos Visa for US Citizens with them at the time of entry into Laos.
If the applicant is traveling with children, are they required to apply for the Laos Visa for US Citizens?
Yes. A child's passport must be valid for at least the next six months after the date of arrival in Laos.
Can I work under a Laos Tourist Visa?
No. A Laos Tourist Visa is not valid for employment. You must apply for a regular visa to work in Laos.
What is required of a traveler with two passports applying for Laos Tourist Visa?
Travelers with dual or multiple citizenships must choose which nationality and passport to use on their trip.
Can a traveler have a passport of an eligible country and live in another country while applying for Laos Tourist Visa?
Yes. However, travelers applying for a Laos Tourist Visa must apply using the passport of the eligible country.
Can the applicant apply online for a Laos Tourist Visa if they do not have a valid passport but a temporary travel document?
No. You cannot apply online if you have a valid passport from an eligible country with at least six months of validity.
Does the applicant have to submit a physical passport to receive the Laos Tourist Visa?
No. The applicant will receive an electronic visa, which requires anything to be stamped before travel. All visas are sent via email. The applicant should print out a copy of their visa before they travel and bring it to the port of entry.
What type of activities does the Laos Tourist Visa allow?
When using a Laos Tourist Visa, you can use it for recreation/sightseeing, meeting friends/relatives.
How does the applicant prove the purpose of their travel while applying for Laos Tourist Visa?
The applicant must prove the purpose of travel by presenting a valid passport, valid accommodation booking, return flight ticket, and travel itinerary.
Does the applicant need to visit the Laos Consulate to get their Laos Tourist Visa?
No. Upon approval, Click2Visas will send the applicant their Laos Tourist Visa via email in PDF format.
Can anyone apply for the Laos Tourist Visa online?
No. Only citizens from eligible countries can apply for the Laos Tourist Visa. Use our visa widget to see you qualify for the Laos Tourist Visa.
Does the applicant need to apply for the Laos Tourist Visa before arriving?
Yes, all travelers need to have a valid Laos Tourist Visa before traveling to Laos.
Does the applicant have to enter Laos on the exact date specified in their application for Laos Tourist Visa?
No, the validity period of the Laos Tourist Visa begins from the date specified on their application. The traveler can enter Laos on any date within this period.
Does obtaining the Laos Tourist Visa guarantee the applicant's entry into Laos?
No. The Laos Tourist Visa is just a landing authorization. It's up to Laos's customs authorities to allow entry to a traveler upon arrival.
Where is the embassy of Laos located in the United States of America?