How to get a Canada ETA Visa from the USA?
To fly to Canada, business and tourist travelers must first obtain an electronic travel authorization (ETA). An ETA is electronically connected to a passenger’s passport. Have you applied for your Canada ETA visa? In words of livelihood and quality of life, the cities are among the best in the world. Check out the documentation you’ll need to apply for an ETA to Canada below. It will only take fifteen minutes to complete the whole process in Click2visas.
WHAT IS A CANADA ETA VISA?
The Canada ETA visa is an electronic document that permits you to enter Canada. It can be a multiple-entry visa, and it is valid for five years or 1825 days from the ETA issue. The Canada ETA visa permits the holder to enter Canada only for tourism & Business.
DO US CITIZEN NEED ETA TO ENTER CANADA?
No, Citizens of the United States are exempt from the Canada ETA. So, U.S. citizens can go to Canada without a visa but must carry proper identification, such as a valid U.S. passport. Non-U.S. citizens living in the United States need Canada ETA.
WHAT ARE THE CANADA ETA DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS?
- Applicant’s passport
WHAT CONDITIONS MUST THE TRAVELER’S PASSPORT MEET FOR THE CANADA ETA VISA?
- Hold a Travel document/Passport with a minimum of three(3) months validity from the date of entry in Canada.
- Need at least one empty page in the applicant’s passport for stamping.
- Not permits for Official Passport Holders/Diplomatic Passport Holders or international travel document holders/Laissez-passer Passport Holders.
- Not permits for travelers endorsed on Spouse’s Passport/Parent’s Passport. Each passenger should have a separate travel document/passport.
I DON’T HAVE A VALID US PASSPORT RIGHT NOW. WHAT ARE THE OTHER DOCUMENTS THAT I CAN SUBMIT AS AN ID PROOF AT THE ENTRY POINT?
Canadian government accepts some other card as an identification proof, and the details are given below,
- Nationals of the U.S. who are members of the NEXUS program may present their membership card as proof of identification and document indicating citizenship when arriving by air, land, or sea modes.
- Nationals of the U.S. who are members of the FAST program may use their cards to prove identity only when arriving by land or sea.
- Permanent residents of the United States who are members of the FAST programs or NEXUS must travel with proof of permanent residence and passport may be asked to show these documents to a border officer upon arrival.
- Permanent residents of the United States who are NEXUS members must also obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) before flying to or transiting Canada. Citizens of the United States and Canada are exempt.
All visitors arriving in or transiting through the United States are encouraged to visit the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website for information on the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative & the requirements to return to the U.S.
IS AN INVITATION LETTER REQUIRED FOR A CANADA ETA VISA?
To apply for a Canada ETA visa, the traveler does not require a letter of invitation from any organization/company.
IS IT MANDATORY TO SUBMIT MY TRAVEL DOCUMENT/PASSPORT TO THE APPLICATION CENTER?
To get the Canada ETA visa the applicant need not submit a travel document/passport at the Canada visa application center. Instead, the travel document must be uploaded on the Click2visas.com site to get Canada ETA.
DO CHILDREN NEED ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION TO REGISTER FOR A CANADA ETA VISA?
No additional documents are needed, but it is advisable to hold a photocopy of the kid’s birth certificate showing both guardians’ or parents’ citizenship, full names, and date of birth. Then, translate the minor applicant’s birth certificate into English.
I AM APPLYING ETA VISA FOR ME AND MY DAUGHTER/SON, WHO IS A MINOR. SHOULD I REGISTER FOR A SEPARATE ETA VISA FOR MY CHILD (MINOR)?
Yes, ensure that your kid’s travel document/passport is valid at least for the next 03 (three) months from the arrival date in Canada.
IS THERE ANY DOCUMENT/PROOF I HAVE TO PRESENT AT CANADA AIRPORT ON ARRIVAL?
The passenger should always hold a copy of the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) and him/her on the trip. Carry all the essential ETA requirements according to ETA visa requirements. Please track and re-assure that your Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) status is shown as ‘APPROVED’ on this site before the beginning of your journey. Travelers can track the ETA status of their visa application online by clicking on Visa Status.
AFTER APPROVAL OF ETA VISA, WILL IT BE SENT TO EMAIL OR POST?
Once the Canadian government confirms your ETA visa application, the ETA with “Approved” status will be mailed to your email address.
SHOULD I PROVIDE THE CORONA (COVID-19) TEST REPORT/CERTIFICATE FOR MY CANADA ETA VISA APPLICATION PROCESS?
A lab test result should be submitted to the Canadian airport before catching a plane to Canada. The lab test result must be performed using a COVID-19molecular polymerase chain reaction / PCR test and should be taken within 72 (seventy-two) hours before the Passengers’ scheduled departure to Canada.
I HAVE MORE DOUBTS AND QUESTIONS ABOUT CANADA ETA VISA, WHERE CAN I DETECT MORE INFORMATION ABOUT CANADA ETA VISA?
If you need a quick and prompt solution, start chatting with our customer service experts through the chatbox. We are ready to clear all your queries at any time.