A Complete Guide to Indian visa application form
3 weeks ago
The online Indian visa application form must be submitted no later than four days before departure for India, and no earlier than 120 days before the arrival date for India. A Traditional Indian Visa may be applied for up to several months before your travel date. Indian E-Visa is valid only for travelers landing at 28 international airports: and five shipping ports, Ahmedabad, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Amritsar, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Calicut, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Goa, Kolkata, Lucknow, Jaipur, Mangalore, Madurai, Nagpur, Pune, Mumbai, Portblair, Tiruchirapalli, Vishakhapatnam, Trivandrum, and Varanasi. You must apply for a traditional Indian stamped visa if you are arriving from any other port of entry.
What are the types of Indian E-visa?
Two types of visas are issued by the Indian government: an e-Visa (electronic visa) and a traditional passport-stamped visa. The Indian e-Tourist or e-Business visa will be processed, issued electronically, and emailed to you. Upon arrival in India, the traveler will need biometric information to be taken at the airport, and their passport will be stamped with the actual traditional visa.
For what reason does India issue E-visas for travel?
The E-Tourist Visa is a tourist, recreation, visiting friends or relatives, sight-seeing, and short term yoga program for international travelers who have the purpose of visiting India.
The E-Business Visa is intended for foreign travelers visiting India for Business Meetings, Setting up Business Project, Marketing, Purchasing, Trading, Recruiting Manpower, Attended Exhibitions and Trade Fairs, and Lectures under the Global Academic Networks Initiative (GIAN).
The E-Medical Visa is for foreign travelers who are seeking short-term medical care for the purpose of visiting India.
The E-Conference Visa the visa can only be applied for if you are attending a government-funded conference, privately sponsored or hosted conferences are not eligible for an e-conference visa, you have to apply for a conventional stamped visa.
Who are qualified for an Indian E-visa?
The facility is eligible for more than 180 countries. If the Indian visa application form doesn’t mention your nationality, to know your eligibility for applying Indian e-visa, use our click2visas widget. The e-visa process is completely online. Which is fast, quick, and also saves valuable time.
How long does an Indian E-visa take to obtain?
It can take two or four days to get your E-Visa approved depending on your nationality and the type of visa you’ve selected. The Indian visa application form you submitted along with the supporting documentation will be checked by the Indian government’s appointed officers. You will be asked by the officers to provide additional documents if they are not satisfied at any point in the verification process. Keep checking your email frequently to avoid missing any important Indian government correspondence.
How many days is an E-visa valid in India?
Tourist Indian E-Visa: Has three different validities and a number of potential entries to India to choose from, allowing visitors to have more flexibility.
- A double-entry visa is valid for a stay of up to 30 days from the date of issue.
- A multiple-entry visa is valid for one year from the date of issue for stays up to 180 days per entry.
- A 5-year multiple entry visa from the date of issue for stays up to 180 days per entry.
Indian tourist E-visas are very easy to apply for and do not require a copy of this online order form to submit your physical passport to Click2visas.
Business Indian E-Visa: is valid for multiple entries, for a stays up to 180 days per entry for one year from the date of issue. Registration for this online order form is really simple and does not require submitting your actual passport to Click2visas, only a copy of it.
Medical Indian E-Visa is valid for 60 days from the issuance date and is eligible for Triple entry.
Conference Indian E-Visa: has a validity of 30 days from the issue date and is only available for one single entry. Only if you attend a government-funded meeting, privately funded, or hosted conferences do not qualify for an e-conference visa, and you will apply for a standard stamped visa can an e-conference visa be applied for.
What is the process for the Indian visa application form?
It is quite simple to complete the request. Please follow the below steps carefully:
1. Choose the departure and arrival country, select the required visa type, enter your name, and click ‘CLICK TO START.’
2. Verify the visa fee and terms and conditions on the next page.
3. On the third page, enter your basic details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents (you can upload the documents in a later stage also).
4. After that, review and confirmed the information of your Indian visa application form, then proceed with the payment. We support all types of cards for payment.
5. You will receive the invoice and a confirmation mail with a link in your registered email id.
6. Click the link and complete the remaining form (you can also upload the document in this stage) and submit it for processing.
7. Once the e-Visa is approved, click2visas will send your visa to your email in PDF format.
What are the documents need to apply for an Indian E-visa?
- Your passport must’ve been valid at least six months from the date of arrival.
- Your passport has to be stamped by the immigration officer on at least two blank pages.
- You need a recent photograph of your passport to accompany your Indian Visa application form.
- You need a return ticket or travel pass, and enough money to spend on your Indian stay.
- Foreign nationals arriving from the countries affected by Yellow Fever must carry their Yellow Fever Vaccination Card. Otherwise, you may be quarantined in India for six days upon arrival.
- Invitation letter and copy of the business card for the Business E-Visa.
- In the case of medical E-Visa, a letter from an Indian Hospital.
Need a visa for children or infants?
Yes, no matter the age, all applicants will require a visa to enter India.
I already have E-visa valid for India, can I apply for a second one?
No. You can get only one Indian visa at a time.
May I extend my stay in India when I am in?
No. An E-Visa is non-extendable, non-convertible, and not valid for visiting areas of Protected / Restricted and Cantonment. When you’re going to visit Protected / Restricted / Cantonment zones, the Civil Authority will request prior authorization.
What should I do if I make an error in my Indian Visa application form?
If you made an error with the Indian visa application form, please immediately contact one of our customer support representatives. We’ll be able to support you 24/7. If we’ve already submitted your Indian visa application form, you’re not going to be allowed to make any changes, so you’ll have to apply again.
Is using Click2Visas secure to access my Indian E-Visa?
With CLICK2VISAS, your private details are more protected as we give you complete protection for your personal records, anonymity, and we invest a lot in our server protection.