New Passport

  • To apply for a new U.S. passport you have never had a U.S. passport
  • or your previous U.S. passport has been expired for more than 5 years.
  • If the applicant is younger than 16, he / she will be provided with a child passport.

Modify your Passport Service

You may end up paying US government the following based on your requirement  
Passbook only – USD 110 
Business card only – USD 30 
Passbook & Business card – USD 140 
Service fees – USD 35  
Expedited service fee – USD 60 
Minor will be benefited by fee discounts offered by the US government 

United States New Passport FAQ


Passport is one of the essential legal documents enforced by the government. It helps in permitting the holder to travel around the globe. The electronic procedure would ease the process of holding a valid passport. Click2visas provides user-friendly assistance and clear guidance to apply and to hold a valid passport. All you have to do is to click onto Click2visas and include required personal information and documents with step by step guidance.

Applying form, passport and usa flag

A passport is a travel permission document that works as the ultimate form of proof for your citizenship in a country. Every country issue passport to the citizens of that country. US passports issued by the US Department of State.

United States citizens require passports to exit and enter the US and all other countries in the world. It is the applicant's responsibility to carry the correct identification while traveling abroad.

Yes. Every citizen, even an infant, must hold his or her passport. You are not permitted to represent other members of the family inside your passport. Click2visas can assist you if you need to get a new child passport or if you need to renew a child's passport.

When applying using DS-11 Form, you are not eligible to mail in your Passport application. You could mail in your DS-82 Form.

You can apply for both a Passport and a Passport card simultaneously on DS-11 Form, but you pay both fees.

If an applicant behind in child support payments of $2,500 or more, you cannot get a U.S. passport.

Passport Book Only: You can obtain the newly authorized passport and citizenship documents in two distinct mailings. Please reach the National Passport Information Center (NPIC) when you do not get a second mailing within ten working days of receipt of the first one. The passport book will be sent through a one to days day delivery service. Passport Card Only: You could obtain your issued passport card and citizenship documents in two different mailings. Contact NPIC when you do not get a second mailing within ten working days of receipt of the first one. The passport card will be sent through First Class Mail. Cards weren't sent by one to two days delivery service. Passport Book and Card: You will get three different mailings; the first contains the citizenship documents, the Second contains the newly issued passport book, and the third contains the newly issued passport card. Feel free to contact NPIC when you do not get the second or third mailing within ten business days of the early mailings.

Parents can register their U.S. citizen children under the age of eighteen in the Children's Passport Issue Alert Program (CPIAP), among the most effective tools in the Department of State for protecting international parental abduction. When a passport application is made for a child registered in CPIAP, we will notify the parent(s) to confirm that those who approve the issue of a passport.

The passport card was designed to address specific requirements of the northern and southern U.S. border communities with inhabitants who are often crossing the border by land. The passport book is the only authorized document for international air travel.

Yes. Children and adults with U.S. passport cards could save time at the U.S - Mexican border using approved Ready Lanes to read and sense the Passport Identification Radio Frequency technology (RFID). How to utilize Ready Lanes by the U.S. passport card:

  • Move to a lane with a Ready Lane Logo,
  • Hold your passport card in hand,
  • Present the passport card to the RFID card sensors,
  • Continue to a U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer.

You can find a comprehensive list of Ready Lane adequate documents on CBP's site.

You can not add additional pages to your U.S. Passport as of 1 January 2016. If you do not have blank pages in your passport, you must renew your passport. Click2visas can assist you.

Passports should have required blank pages to accommodate entry and exit stamps for each country of the trip. Minimum one visa page in your access is required for each visa. Most travel visas that are stamped into your passport require an entire blank visa page. A 'blank' visa page must be clean, clear, and not show ink or stains from any other pages in the passport.

To apply for a child passport, your child's age should be less than or equal to 15 years.

Click2visas accepts payment by most major credit cards and debit cards, including: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

Yes. All individuals, including infants, are obligated to obtain passports in their names.

The most common reason passport applications are denied due to applicants not submitting the required information, such as a photocopy of a birth certificate or passport photos on a dark background. The Passport Agency screens an applicant's background during the application process. Passports can be denied for the subsequent reasons: 1. Outstanding child support 2. Outstanding Criminal/ Felony Warrant (excluding civil violations or parking tickets) Previous Offense Conviction that prohibits international travel

If your passport, in particular the book cover or the page displaying your personal data and photo, has been seriously damaged, you would need to apply for a new passport. You will have to submit the following:

  • Form DS-11
  • The damaged passport
  • All required documents for Form DS-11, which includes citizenship documents (i.e., birth certificate)

A significant tear, Water damage,  unofficial markings on the data page,  a hole punch, missing visa pages (torn out), and other damages may constitute "damage" requiring the use of Form DS-11. Normal damage of a U.S. passport is understandable and is not sufficient to elicit "damage." For example, the anticipated bending of a passport after it has been held in your backpack or after the visa page has been held open extensively. In certain cases of daily wear, you could renew the passport by post by using the form DS-82. Keep in mind. If you try to renew a heavily damaged passport by using Form DS-82, individuals may still be requested by the Passport Agency to apply again using Form DS-11 and also to impose extra charges.

Parents associated with global custody conflicts could obtain information about a U.S. minor's passport from the State Department Passport Services.

The proof of citizenship is hardly anything but a piece of paper that certifies that you are a citizen of a particular country. When you're an American citizen, you'll possess proof of U.S. citizenship as you'll see in this article, those who were also different for citizens and non-citizens who afterward become citizens by various means. In many other nations, such records are added.

Some forms demand evidence of nationality before you can continue with the application. For example, when you apply for a U.S. passport with the DS-11 form, you should prove to the USCIS that you are an American citizen and look forward to obtaining the U.S. Passport. Likewise, in order to manage other files, authorities need to make sure that you are an American citizen. It becomes even more important for non-citizens, who ultimately become US citizens. They will be required to determine their citizenship before they are applying. To answer the question of why you need to prove your citizenship, this proof needs to be established with all U.S. government levels when dealing with legal matters or citizenship benefits.

Documents accepted for proof for Evidence of Citizenship.   Fully valid, undamaged U.S. passport (can be expired) If you do not have a U.S passport, submit any one document listed below.

If you born in the United States

An applicant can submit any one of the below documents to prove that you are US Citizen.

  1.  Birth Certificate

It must meet the following requirement to eligible document for citizenship

  1. It must be issued by the city, county, or state of birth
  2. Applicant's Full name, Place of birth, and date of birth of applicant must be mentioned
  3. Lists parent(s)' full names
  4. Has the City, County, or State Registrar signed,
  5. Has the date filed with the registrar's office (must be within one year of birth)
  6. Has the seal of issuing authority

Important: Some states offer birth abstracts, which are a rundown of your original birth certificate. Most birth abstracts fulfill all of the criteria set out above, although some birth abstracts may not meet requirements. If you send a birth abstract, it must follow all of the criteria set out above. If your birth certificate does not fulfill any of the above criteria, we may also need you to send a lengthy birth certificate with a copy of your original birth record. If you do not have to above document, kindly check the next document whether you can produce it with passport Authority.  

2. Delayed Birth Certificate (Issued more than a year following birth)

A Delayed Birth Certificate is a certificate that has not been duly filed with the State Vital Records in one year of the birth date. It will be accepted as evidence of U.S. citizenship.   You can submit the delayed birth certificate based on the below conditions.  

  1. Delayed Birth Certificate list the Early Public Records

  Baptism Certificate is an Early Public Record, Hospital Birth Certificate, Early School Record, U.S. Census Record, Family Bible Record, and Doctor's Postnatal Treatment Record. These documents were mainly used to issue the delayed birth certificate and the name of the public record mentioned in the birth certificate.  

    1. Original Delayed Birth Certificate
    2. Signature of the birth attendant or an affidavit signed by the parent(s) (DS-10 form)


  1. Delayed Birth Certificate does not list Early Public Records.


    1. Delayed Birth Certificate
    2. Signature of the birth attendant or an affidavit signed by the parent(s) (DS-10 form)
    3. Submit two early public records

Early public or private documents are created and/or issued early in the applicant's life, preferably in the first five years.   Examples for public or private records are Baptism Certificate, Hospital birth certificate, U.S Census Record, Early School Record, Family Bible Record, Doctor's record of post-natal care.   Note: Form DS-10, Click2visas will send this form to the applicant- Applicant to get a sign from notary If you do not have to above document, kindly check the next document whether you can produce it with passport Authority.

3. Letter of No Record

The letter of no record shall be released by the State and shall contain your signature, the date of birth, the years in which the birth record was checked. It is proof that there is no record of your birth in the United States.   If you have a letter of No Record, then submit the following documents.  

  1. Letter of No Record – it must be issued by the State, have the applicant Name and Date of birth, List the years for which a birth record was searched, including a statement that no birth certificate was found on the file.
  2. Submit at least two early public documents or one early public document and one early private document with Form DS-10: Birth Affidavit.

  Examples for public or private records are Baptism Certificate, Hospital birth certificate, U.S Census Record, Early School Record, Family Bible Record, Doctor's record of post-natal care.   Note: Form DS-10, Click2visas will send this form to the applicant- Applicant need to get a sign from notary  

If you born outside of the United States

The applicant can submit any one of the below documents to prove that you are US Citizen; all Foreign language citizenship documents should include a professional English translation. The translator must provide a notarized statement of the translation's accuracy and self-certification of their ability to translate.  

  1. Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
  2. Certificate of Naturalization

The Certificate of Naturalization shall be granted to legal permanent citizens of the United States. Who has lived and worked in the country for a certain number of years? The certificate is issued by the USCIS and serves as proof that you are officially a United States citizen. If you do not have to above document, kindly check the next document whether you can produce it with passport Authority

  1. Certificate of Citizenship
  2. Citizenship at Birth

4.1 This is for those born outside the United States and acquired U.S. citizenship through               your U.S. citizen parent(s); if you submit this document as citizenship of evidence, kindly         submit the following document for your passport application.  

  1. Your foreign birth certificate listing your parent(s)
  2. Your parent(s)' evidence of U.S. citizenship
  3. Your parents' marriage certificate, if applicable
  4. A statement from your U.S. citizen parent(s) listing all places of their residence or physical presence in the U.S. and overseas before your birth.

If you do not have to above document, kindly check the next document whether you can produce it with passport Authority.  

4.2. U.S. Citizenship through Naturalization of a Parent

This is for those born outside the United States and acquired U.S. citizenship by the naturalization of the parent(s); you should give the preceding document in order to be able to satisfy the U.S. Citizenship by Naturalization of a parent as the Proof of Citizenship.  

  1. Your foreign birth certificate listing your parent(s)
  2. Your parent(s)' naturalization certificate
  3. Evidence of your permanent residence status. Example: Green card/ permanent resident card, International passport with the original I-551 visa entry stamp.
  4. Your parents' marriage certificate (if your parents were married when you legally entered the U.S. and before your 18th birthday) or
  5. Documentation of legal custody (if your parents were not married when you legally entered the U.S.) or
  6. Evidence of your legitimation (If your parents weren't married when you were born). Examples involve your parents' marriage certificate (dated after your birth), Approved court order of legitimation.

If you do not have to above document, kindly check the next document whether you can produce it with passport Authority.


4.3.  U.S. Citizenship through Adoption

This refers to people born outside the United States and who have gained citizenship by adoption from parents residing in the U.S. before the age of sixteen (16); may demand the subsequent documents to be able to satisfy the "U.S. Citizenship through Adoption" as proof of citizenship.  

  1. Citizenship evidence of your U.S. citizen parent
  2. Your full and final adoption decree
  3. Evidence of lawful entry for permanent residence (Example include: Child's foreign passport containing an ADIT stamp or Form I-94 with ADIT stamp and picture)

    Important Notice: You cannot have digital proof of U.S. citizenship (e.g., mobile or electronic birth certificate) while applying for a U.S. passport. You should proceed to have physical evidence of U.S. citizenship.   In certain cases, you will be able to have a verified copy of your proof of citizenship. An authorized copy is a paper bearing the seal or signature of the official issuing authority.

If you choose not to send a photocopy, you can send a second approved copy of your birth certificate. We're going to retain this second authorized copy for our records.

A passport authorization letter is a document that allows Click2visas to serve as your representative when submitting your passport application. The United States Passport Agency demands that you sign the letter before they will deliver your new or renewed passport to us when your order is finished.

If the mailing address you gave on your child's application has been modified and you are awaiting a United States passport book, passport card, or return of proof of citizenship, kindly contact the National Passport Information Centre. You do not have to email us if the address has been modified after you have obtained your child's passport. When finishing your child's passport application, we request that you add your name to the "In Care Of" part of the mailing address portion of the DS-11 form.

Yes. Your proof of identity will be released alongside your newly obtained passport. Any documents used to provide evidence of the changing of the name will now be handed back to you.

The birth of a child in foreign countries to a parent who is a U.S. citizen(s) must be announced as quickly as possible to the closest U.S. consulate or embassy to include an official document of the children's claim to American citizens at birth. The official document is the Consular Birth Report of a Resident of the United States of America or the Type FS-240. This document, recognized as Consular Report on Birth Abroad, is a fundamental document on U.S. citizenship. The original FS-240 shall be given to the parents at the moment of acceptance of the registration. The Consular Birth Report may only be prepared at the United States consulate or embassy. It cannot be ready if the child has been brought back into the United States or if the person is 16 years of age or older at the time the application is made.

If you were born in a different nation to an American citizen parent or parents and your parents did not register the birth in the context of a Consular Birth Report FS-240, you can submit to a local Immigration and Naturalization Service Certificate of Citizenship to record your U.S. citizenship. If you present satisfactory documentary proof that you received citizenship by birth, a Certificate of Citizenship will be declared in your name. For more information, you can communicate with your local office of the Immigration and Naturalization Service. You may check your local phone book for the telephone number entered under the U.S. Department of Justice. Note: a U.S. passport, even if lapsed/ expired, also works as proof of United States citizenship.

If you get US Citizenship by the Naturalization of your parent(s), submit the Certificate of Naturalization of your parent(s), your international birth certificate, and evidence of your admission to the U.S. for permanent residence.

The Certificate of the Birth Report (DS-1350) is no longer provided as of December 2010. Instead, you may demand several copies of your Abroad Birth Consular Report (FS-240). All earlier declared DS-1350s are still valid as citizenship, evidence of identity, and other legal purposes.

As of 1 February 2008, Public Law 106-113, Section 236 mandates that U.S. passport applications for children under the age of 16 require the consent of all parents or legal guardians.

Please reach the Vital Statistics Office in the state where you were born. What can I do if there's no birth record for me anywhere in the file? If you were born in the United States, but there is no birth certificate in the register, you will need a series of records to confirm your citizenship. You're going to need:

  • A letter of no record provided by the Vital Statistics Office of your state of birth with your name as well as the years you looked for the birth record.
  • Early public records to confirm your birth in the United States.

If you have been born outside the United States and your U.S. parent(s) did not enroll in the birth at the U.S. consulate or embassy, you may request a U.S. passport. You're going to need:

  1. Your overseas birth certificate displaying the names of your parents
  2. Proof of your parent(s) U.S. citizenship and
  3. Your parent's marriage certificate

Demand a Certification of Birth report or birth records for U.S. citizens and nationals born abroad. If you were born in the Panama Canal Zone, read how to demand many copies of your Birth Certificate (PCZ). The Ministry of State no longer issues the Approval of the Birth Study as of 31 December 2010. (DS-1350). All DS-1350s previously released are now available as evidence of identification and nationality.

Many of the acceptance services require appointments but others do not. In order to check their hours, appropriate forms of payments, and appointment criteria, we recommend calling the approval facilities in advance.

Visit the U.S. Department of State Passport Acceptance Web Page to find a Passport Acceptance Facility near you.

No. The U.S. Passport Office is unavailable on weekends as well. National holidays are observed by the US Passport Office.

The Passport Acceptance Center is a federal institution, such as the local clerk of the Court or Main Branch Post Office, and has been granted the power of the State Department to operate on its behest and support U.S. people applying for passports. The Passport Approval Facility agent will verify if your document is in good order and schedule it for submission.

Before the official, you need to appear to pledge an oath that you have faithfully and truthfully completed the application for a US passport. You will be required to sign the form after possessing sworn to the oath. Your signature will attest to your having made so. The official will check your state-issued ID to verify your signature and physical description.

You can process your passport with Click2visas possible as short as one day. Each passport service includes a number of processing times to suit your unique travel demand.

No, children below the age of sixteen are not entitled to be mailed with their passport applications. In addition, the State Department does not actually have the option of sending passport applications electronically.

Suppose the Online Passport Status Portal or the National Passport Information Center notes that your newly issued passport is already sent out. You still haven't got it after 10 working days; please feel free to contact the National Passport Information Centre. Customer support agents will help you complete a special form (known as the DS-86 form), a signed document that you did not obtain your U.S. passport. You have 90 days from the date of receipt of your passport to finish the DS-86 form. After 90 days, you have to re-apply to pay all expenses.

Families can money order or write a check to the U.S. Department of State payments for filing for a visa if they apply in person at a time. The name and date of birth of each claimant should be included in the money order or check. All other candidates must send separate money orders or checks to the United States Department of State payments for their application for passports. Please add the full name and date of birth of the claimant on the money order or check.

You and your child may have different last names, as long as the parental relationship document lists your full name. But If your name has changed from that on the parental relationship document, please submit proof of your legal name change (e.g., marriage certificate or court order).

Yes. You could request both a passport book and card together using either Form DS-11, apply in person.

If your US passport was granted while you were Sixteen years of age or older, your passport is valid for ten years. If your U.S. passport was granted when you were Fifteen years old or younger, your passport is valid for five years.

Many countries expect a passport to be longer than six months after the end of a journey. When your term ends earlier than that, you should apply to renew your passport. Simply review the Visas section to decide how long a passport should be valid for each specific country of travel. If the passport is set to expire, you may be helped by Click2visas.

Passport Services recommends that the following U.S. citizens maintain valid U.S. passports. Those:

  • with family living or traveling abroad
  • thinking about a vacation abroad, or
  • with a job that could require international travel.

In an emergency affecting a family member overseas, an unexpected business trip, or a short-notice airfare bargain, already having a valid U.S. passport will save time, money, and stress.