Guidelines to obtain Ethiopian business visa Multiple Entry
Business investments in Ethiopia
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, or simply Ethiopia, is a sovereign state located in the Horn of Africa. Because of its rich history, the country is regarded as a center of ancient culture. Unfortunately, the civil war from 1974 to 1991 robbed Ethiopia of its beauty and humanity. As a result of the political injustices and violence that ensued, the country fell into a state of poverty, famine, and disease.
What is the process of applying Ethiopian business visa?
The online application for Ethiopian Business Visas takes only a few minutes to complete. Applicants must provide information such as their name, address, passport details, and reason for visiting. A passport that is valid for at least six months is required.
What is an Ethiopian business visa?
The Ethiopian business visa is a short-term visa granted for Business investment in Ethiopia. This type of visa is only granted for multiple entries to participate in investment-related activities.
Which nationalities are eligible for the Ethiopian business visa?
The following nationalities are eligible for the Ethiopian business visa:
- Algeria, Angola, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Benin, Botswana,
- Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, the Congo Democratic Republic of Cameroon
- Cape Verde, Liberia, Libya, the Congo Republic of Cote d'Ivoire, Eritrea, Gabon
- Gambia, The, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Lesotho, Madagascar, Mauritania
- Mauritius, Morocco, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Namibia, Reunion, Rwanda, Niger
- Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Seychelles, South Africa, South Sudan, Sierra Leone
- Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Egypt, Tanzania
- Togo, Equatorial Guinea, Senegal.
- Azerbaijan, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Palestinian Territory
- Turkey, Bahrain, Georgia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Lebanon
- Oman, Armenia, Qatar, Saudi Arabia.
- Anguilla, Barbados, Belize, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands
- Costa Rica, Cuba, Antigua, and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Dominican Republic
- El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Curacao, Dominica, Honduras
- Jamaica, Panama, Puerto Rico, Martinique, Netherlands Antilles, Sint Maarten
- Trinidad and Tobago, US Virgin Islands, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Nicaragua Montserrat, Saint Kitts, and Nevis.
- Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Russia, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan.
- Albania, Croatia, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, Austria, Belarus, Belgium
- France, Holy See, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Monaco
- Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Montenegro
- Netherlands, Luxembourg, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Moldova, Macedonia
- Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Czech Republic, Denmark, United Kingdom
- Andorra, Norway, Poland, Ukraine, Romania, San Marino, Liechtenstein
- Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland.
- The United States, Bermuda, Canada, Mexico.
- American Samoa, Australia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam
- Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Caledonia
- New Zealand, Palau, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
- Argentina, Colombia, French Guiana, Guyana, Ecuador
- Peru, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Venezuela, Paraguay, Suriname, Uruguay.
- India, Bangladesh, Maldives, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan.
- Singapore, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, North Korea,
- Papua New Guinea, Brunei, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand,
- Cambodia, China, Timor-Leste, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Vietnam, South Korea.
Which nationalities are exempt from the Ethiopian business visa?
The Following Nationals are exempt from Ethiopian business visas: Djibouti and Kenya.
How much does it cost to get an Ethiopian business visa?
The cost of an Ethiopian business visa is listed below:
||Ethiopian government charges
||42 USD to 122 USD
||Click2visas Service cost
To find out the exact cost, use the Click2visas widget.
How long does it take to obtain an Ethiopian business visa?
The Ethiopian business visa application may take three days for processing. The applicant must apply once the travel plan is confirmed.
How long is an Ethiopian business visa good for?
An Ethiopian business visa is valid based on the Nationality for 90 days/ 6 Months/ 1 Year from the date of entry to Ethiopia you selected while applying your application, not from the date of issue.
What is the maximum number of days I can stay in Ethiopia with an Ethiopian business visa?
The maximum number of days you can stay in Ethiopia is 365 days from the date of entry.
What conditions must the applicant's passport meet for the Ethiopian business visa?
A passport should have at least six months validity at the intended entry date to Ethiopia. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamps for the immigration officer.
What else does the applicant need to travel to Ethiopia using the Ethiopian business visa?
For Ethiopian business visa, the following documents are needed:
- Recent passport-size photo.
- Copy of the applicant's passport, which is valid for at least six months from the intended entry date to Ethiopia.
- Invitation letter
- Support Letter from Ethiopian Investment Commission office or Ethiopian Embassy.
Can I enter Ethiopia with the Ethiopian business visa at any port of entry?
You may arrive at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.
Can the traveler apply for the Ethiopian business visa while in Ethiopia?
No. The Ethiopian business visa must be obtained before you enter Ethiopia.
Does the traveler need to carry the Ethiopian business visa with them?
The traveler should carry a copy of the Ethiopian business visa with them when entry into Ethiopia.
If the applicant is traveling with children, are they required to apply for an Ethiopian business visa?
No, children are not permitted to apply for an Ethiopian business visa. You may apply for any other visa that suits your children. Children visiting Ethiopia are required to have a valid visa.
Can I work on an Ethiopian business visa?
No. An Ethiopian business visa is not valid for employment. You must apply for a regular visa to work in Ethiopia.
What is required of a traveler with two passports applying for an Ethiopian business visa?
Travelers with dual or multiple citizenships must choose which Nationality and passport to use on their trip.
Can a traveler have a passport of an eligible country and live in another country while applying for an Ethiopian business visa?
Yes. However, travelers applying for an Ethiopian business visa must apply using the passport of the eligible country.
Does the applicant have to submit a physical passport to receive an Ethiopian business visa?
No. The applicant will receive an electronic visa, which requires anything to be stamped before travel. An Ethiopian business visa will be sent via email. The applicant should print out a copy of their visa before they travel and bring it to the port of entry.
What type of activities does an Ethiopian business visa allow?
When using an Ethiopian business visa, you can use it for Business Investment reasons.
How does the applicant prove the purpose of their travel while applying for an Ethiopian business visa?
The applicant must prove the purpose of travel by presenting a valid passport, invitation letter, support letter.
Does the applicant need to visit Ethiopian Consulate to get their Ethiopian business visa?
No. Upon approval, Click2Visas will send the applicant their Ethiopian business visa via email in PDF format.
Can anyone apply for an Ethiopian business visa online?
No. Only citizens from eligible countries can apply for an Ethiopian business visa. Use our visa widget to see you qualify for an Ethiopian business visa.
Does the applicant need to apply for an Ethiopian business visa before arriving?
Yes, all travelers need to have a valid Ethiopian business visa before traveling to Ethiopia.
Does the applicant have to enter Ethiopia on the exact date specified in their application for an Ethiopian business visa?
No, the validity period of an Ethiopian business visa begins from the date specified on their application. The traveler can enter Ethiopia on any date within this period.
Does obtaining an Ethiopian business visa guarantee the applicant's entry into Ethiopia?
No. An Ethiopian business visa is just a landing authorization. It's up to Ethiopia's customs authorities to allow entry to a traveler upon arrival.
Where is the Embassy of Ethiopia located in the United States of America?