Details about visa for Sao Tome and Principe
IMMIGRATION AND VISAS
All travelers except the following require a passport:
1. Citizens of Sao Tome & Principe with a national identity card.
2. Travelers with ‘Kinderausweis,’ a German identity document issued to children aged less than 16 years old, provided the document containing a child’s photo.
Passports and alternative papers, or either of them, must be valid on arrival.
1. Before arrival: Please contact the nearest representation to the Sao Tome and Príncipe, or the Ministry of Foreign affairs in Sao Tome.
2. Upon arrival: if necessary, a one-month visa may only be granted if the transporting carrier has made previous preparations up to 24 hours before the time of departure. To request a visa upon arrival, please contact the relevant carrier directly. A USD 60 fee is imposed on travelers coming from a country where there is a diplomatic representation of Sao Tome and Príncipe; similarly, a USD 50 fee is imposed if there is no diplomatic representation of Sao Tome and Príncipe in that country.
All travelers must hold a visa except the following:
1. Citizens of Angola, Cape Verde Island, Guinea-Bissau, Mozambique, and Portugal for service or diplomatic passports.
2. Cuban citizens with service or official passports.
3. Citizens of Sao Tome & Principe provided they have a safe passage, diplomatic or service passport.
4. Travelers with a re-entry permit that is issued by Sao Tome & Principe.
TWOV (Transit Without Visa)
TWOV is permissible for travelers continuing their trip on the same day as long as they have confirmed onward or return tickets and all necessary documents for their next trip.
CUSTOMS AND FOREIGN EXCHANGE
There are no restrictions on the import, regardless of the traveler’s age, of the following:
a. A moderate quantity of perfume in opened bottles.
b. A moderate amount of tobacco products.
c. Importation of lottery tickets and alcoholic drinks is prohibited.
Cats and dogs must be followed by an approved veterinary welfare certificate and a rabies vaccine certificate issued in the native country.
Baggage Clearance regulations
A traveler’s luggage should be cleared at the first airport of entry in Sao Tome and Príncipe.
No airport tax is imposed on passengers on entering the flight.
Currency Import regulations
There are no restrictions on importing local currency (Sao Tome and Príncipe Dobra-STD) and foreign currencies as long as the imported sums are declared.
Currency Export regulations
There are no restrictions on exporting local currency (Sao Tome and Príncipe Dobra-STD) and foreign currencies on condition that they are declared upon arrival.