Procedures for processing a Zimbabwean visa
Strategically located in Southern Africa’s tropical region, Zimbabwe is a landlocked country that shares its boundaries with five other nations. Its high inland plateau features are the reason why the country hosts many national parks, waterfalls, and diverse flora and fauna that attract two million visitors a year. The great season to visit Zimbabwe is between May and October. Moderate temperatures and no rainfall are also the most noticeable when wildlife. If you’re visiting the country, especially to visit Victoria Falls, it’s July on when you should reserve your seats. Zimbabwe has 16 different native languages, which include Chewa, Ndebele, and Shona. English is considered to be one of the most advantageous national languages for travelers. With minimal to zero effective communication, tourists are unlikely to face safety issues. Zimbabwe, in general, is a welcoming nation with friendly locals. Spend a day with untouched wildlife.
What is a Zimbabwean visa?
Before traveling to Zimbabwe, travelers from certain countries can now apply online for a visa. The e-Visa application portal allows foreign nationals to apply for a 100 percent online Zimbabwe visa. This saves time for travelers and can easily be accessed from anywhere in the world. The e-Visa will be issued by the applicant electronically and paid for. Applicants will receive an e-mail confirming they have successfully submitted their e-Visa application form. We recommend that a copy of the document be printed out and kept with your passport. Upon boarding your flight and again at immigration upon arrival in Zimbabwe, you will need to display this sheet. You can conveniently obtain an e-Visa from anywhere across the globe, and it saves time that you would otherwise waste on Zimbabwean missions or ports of entry to Zimbabwe on visa applications.
What prerequisites would I need to apply for a Zimbabwean visa?
These are the requirements you have to submit your application as follows:
- Photo of the applicant
- Scanning Passport Personal Details
- Last Passport page (if possible)
- Proof of lodging
- Proof of residency
- Letter of Invitation
- Cover Letter (where applicable)
How much does the Zimbabwean visa cost?
Zimbabwe e-Visa charges USD 30.00 for a single entry e-Visa and USD 45.00 for dual entry e-Visa. Additionally, we have a 10 USD service charge.
What are the types of Zimbabwe visas?
There are 4 types of visas that are self-explanatory:
- Holiday visa: A holiday visa is what is generally referred to as a tourist visa. You will need to apply for this visa if you are required to have a visa and schedule a vacation or family visit to Zimbabwe.
- Transit visa: If Zimbabwe is not your intended destination and you have a layout or going to change a flight, you will need to apply for this type of visa.
- Business visa: If you plan to carry out any business and commercial activity during your stay, you will need to apply for this type of visa. Your stay is only valid for 30 days, and the visa could not be renewed.
- Conference visa: As the title suggests, if the purpose of your trip is to attend a conference, this is the visa you are applying for. Most countries also include the business category of the conference visa category, but still not Zimbabwe. Your stay is only valid for 30 days, and the visa could not be renewed.
How long does it take to process for a Zimbabwean visa?
The processing time for a Zimbabwe visa is up to 6 business days.
How long is the Zimbabwean visa valid for?
The e-Visa in Zimbabwe is valid for 90 days from the date of issue. This implies that you have to go into Zimbabwe within 90 days. There is an e-Visa with a single entry and double entry.
What criteria does the applicant’s passport have to meet for Zimbabwe e-visa?
The passport of the applicant should have a validity of at least 6 months from the date of entry into Zimbabwe and at least one blank page.
How long can I stay with a Zimbabwean visa?
The maximum stay permitted is 90 days in total for both single and double-entry e-Visas. Both with the e-Visa double entry, even if it allows you to enter twice, the consolidated stay could not exceed 90 days in total for your two visits to Zimbabwe.
Can I enter through any port of entry with a Zimbabwean visa?
You can use the e-Visa to enter Zimbabwe using the following port of entry:
- Forbes – Mutare
- Victoria Falls
- Joshua Mqabuko Nkomo International Airport
- Harare International Airport
Would I need to enter Zimbabwe on the exact date of arrival recommended in my evisa application?
No. Whereas the period of validity of your e-Visa starts on the scheduled date of arrival, as indicated in your application, you are only permitted to join Zimbabwe even before the expiry date. You can stay in Zimbabwe even after the e-Visa has expired (presuming you still meet the 90-day Total Maximum Stay necessity) because the validity only refers to entry into Zimbabwe.
How to apply for a Zimbabwean visa?
It is quite a simple step for applying for a Zimbabwe visa. Kindly follow the below steps carefully:
- Choose the departure and arrival country, select the required visa type, enter your name, and click ‘CLICK TO START.’
- Verify the visa fee and terms and conditions on the next page.
- On the third page, enter your basic details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents (you can upload the documents in a later stage also).
- After that, review and confirm the information of your form, then proceed with the payment. We support all types of cards for payment.
- You will receive the invoice and a confirmation mail with a link in your registered e-mail id.
- Click the link and complete the remaining form (you can also upload the document in this stage) and submit it for processing.
- Once the visa process is completed, click2visas will send your visa related documents to your e-mail.