Who can apply for US Non-Immigrant Visa R B1/B2?

By support@click2visas.com
4 years

Are you planning to visit US for bleisure trip in US? Travelers worldwide can apply for a non-immigrant visa R B1/B2 to the United States for bleisure trips.

Currently bleisure trips are trending among the travelers on worldwide. Many business travelers prefer leisure time after the business plans in the destination.

US government issues nonimmigrant visa with 10 years validity for bleisure trip. It is important to apply to the U.S. as early as possible. Visa for the United States usually takes more than eight weeks to process a B1 / B2 visa application.

The non-immigrant visa type B1/B2 is a temporary visa for business and tourism purposes offered by the United States. When you see ‘R B1/B2’ as your visa type, the letter ‘R’ simply means that you are applying for a regular visa rather than a Diplomat or other type of visa. With a US B1 visa, you can do temporary business activities in the US.

Business woman and bussiness man colleagues working on laptop

What is a United States R B1/B2 visa?

The B1/B2 visa is a non-immigration and temporary US visa. Visa type r b1 b2 is for bleisure trips. You can also apply for B1 visa for business and B2 visa for tourism purposes.

Is it possible to get my U.S. visa online?

No, but you can fill the US non-immigrant visa form online. Visit your nearest US consulate/Embassy website and fill your non-immigrant visa form DS-160 online. After submitting the application online schedule an interview with the US Embassy/Consulate. Usually, the processing time for R B1/B2 visa is eight weeks. So, plan you trip according.

What are the requirements of visa type R B1 B2?

There is some documentation that you need to submit to submit DS-160 and schedule the interview. Here’s a list of all these requirements

  • Valid passport must be six months validity beyond your stay period in the United States
  • Passport size photograph
  • Travel Itinerary (Only if the travel arrangements are planned)
  • If you have already traveled to the country, dates of the last five visits or trips to the United States
  • Other Information: Some applicants may be asked to provide additional details when completing an online application, depending on the intended nature of the travel.

What type of entry will be granted?

You can enter US multiple time with a visa type R B1/B2. But do remember that you can enter multiple time within the validity of your visa. Once your visa got expired you need to apply fresh one.

When will my U.S. B1/B2 visa expire?

The validity of the U.S. B1/B2 visa is ten years from the date of issue.

How many days can a foreign citizen stay in the United States using a B1/B2 visa?

Foreign citizen with a visa R B1/B2, can stay up to a maximum of 180 days per entry. As we seen earlier the validity of B1/B2 visa is ten years from the date of issue. Within ten years, in each visit you can stay for 6 months in US.

What is the Processing time for visa R B1/B2?

The processing time for visa type R B1/B2 will take up to 8 or 9 working days.  

How much time will it take to apply for a U.S. B1/B2 visa?

US nonimmigrant visa form DS-160 is very easy to fill in online. Can a fill the form DS-160 by visiting your nearest US Embassy/Consulate site. You can find the details about how to fill the form in the same site.

What is the application process of a U.S. R B1/B2 visa?

It is quite simple to complete the DS-160 request. Please follow the below steps carefully:

  • Visit the nearest US Embassy/Consulate site.
  • Click apply DS-160 form online.
  • You need to create an account to fill the form. Don’t worry creating an account is free
  • DS-160 form is an easy one. You need to enter your personal, travel details in the form.
  • At the last page you can find few security questions. Answer those questions genuinely.
  • Read the terms and condition and submit the application.
  • After your application submission, fee voucher will be generated.
  • Print the fee voucher and pay the fee in the respective bank branches.
  • As a proof of transaction completion bank will provide you a number
  • After payment login into you account and enter the number.
  • Now choose any suitable date for interview and submit.
  • Visit the US Consulate/Embassy on appointment date for interview.
Male and female business people working on tablet in office

Can I get my interview in a country other than my country of origin?

You can schedule a vias appointment or interview in another country other than your country of origin, but you should find an interview in your source country (having valid proof of residence).

What if I have more questions regarding United States R B1/B2 visa?

If you need more details regarding US nonimmigrant visa B1/B2, please contact us. We have excellent chat support team available 24X7. Ping us anytime if you want more details our team will reply you within short time.

Does my child require a visa to fly to the United States?

Everyone must apply for a US visa before travel, irrespective of their age.

Is it possible to correct if I made any mistake in the application?

Once you submitted the application it is not possible to do any correction. In the DS-160 online form, save options is available. So Before submitting the form you can login to your account and do number of changes. But once you submitted no changes is possible, you need to fill fresh form. Before click submit button revise all details thoroughly.

This publication is provided for general information purposes only and is not intended to cover every aspect of the topics with which it deals. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content in this publication. Through this blog post you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of FULFILL Holding Pvt limited. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. The information in this publication does not constitute legal, tax or other professional advice from FULFILL Holding Pvt limited or its affiliates. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the publication is accurate, complete or up to date.