How long can you stay in Vietnam with US passport?
U.S. people rank very high amongst all the tourists visiting Vietnam. The USA comes in fifth in the ranking in terms of tourist numbers. American tourists are the largest in number from the western world, with almost half a million already visited in 2019. It is a country that provides a range of choices for visitors wishing to travel there, such as adventure tours, eco-tours, cultural and historical tours, seaside tours, and luxury choices. For the regular American traveler, Vietnam tours come with a wide variety of benefits. Statistics indicate Americans are becoming increasingly interested in visiting Vietnam.
Do Americans require a Vietnam visa?
Citizens of the USA must have a visa to enter Vietnam. You can receive a visa from the Vietnam Embassy in the U.S. in advance or process a visa upon arrival in Vietnam. Also, learn that while traveling to Vietnam by air, American travelers can only get their Vietnam visa upon arrival. This visa is embossed in your passport when you arrive at any of the airports in Vietnam. You can, however, process it before you embark on your journey. Using Click2visas services will ensure that you’ve done it correctly and easily before leaving.
How long can you stay in Vietnam with US passport?
Americans will remain in Vietnam for a maximum of 30 days in total with a single entry eVisa and then have to leave or do an extension in the country. Tourist visas are typically issued for a one-time entry that is 1 to 3 months, whereas, for multiple entries, work or business visas may be issued for up to one year. Citizen of the United States is the only nationality that can receive a one year visa or six months for both tourist and business visas.
What are the passport requirements to get a Vietnam visa for US citizens?
Passport of applicants applying for a Vietnam visa for US citizens should meet the following criteria:
- Have at least two blank pages to receive visa stamp and seal at Vietnam International Airports.
- Have your USA passport validity of at least six months from the date of your arrival in Vietnam.
What are the photo requirements for US citizens to get a Vietnam visa?
- The photo should have a white background.
- The photo should be taken in the last three months.
- Without glasses, the eyes look straight on, and pictures should be taken clearly with two ears appearing.
- One-color photo (4X6).
What are the other documents for US citizens to apply for a Vietnam visa?
- Evidence that you have paid the Vietnam Visa fee.
- Any further documents that may be requested by the Vietnam Embassy / Consulate. This may involve an invitation letter or sponsorship from someone in Vietnam, depending on the reason you’re traveling for.
- If you are going to apply for Vietnam Visa On Arrival (VOA): Pre-obtained Letter of Approval, Form of entry and exit (many refer to this as the Vietnam Visa Application Form). You will receive this on the aircraft, and you must complete it before you hand it over to the immigration officers at the port of entry.
Do I need a Vietnam Travel Insurance?
Yes, Vietnam does need travel insurance. Vietnam is a safe country to fly, but it is important you’re protected by travel insurance for the unforeseen. Where emergency medical treatment is needed, missing a flight, or losing something, you’ll be happy to have your travel insurance in place.
What are the methods to apply Vietnam visa for US citizens?
As a US citizen, you are eligible to apply for a Vietnam Visa in 3 ways:
- At a Consulate or Embassy. Select the Vietnamese diplomatic authority responsible for your jurisdiction.
- American citizens are eligible to obtain a Vietnam eVisa.
- On arrival, as long as you have a letter of approval pre-obtained.
If you apply via Click2visas, you don’t have to battle official bureaucracy. You’ll have more flexible payment options, and you’ll sit back to relax and get your visa in the quickest time frame.
What if my Vietnam visa is expired when I am in Vietnam?
If you want to prolong your time living in Vietnam by another form of VISA, you can get a Vietnam U.S. citizen renewal visa. For this case, from the current 3-month visa, you can get validity of 6 months, or you can also move from single entry to multiple entries and vice versa. Also, U.S. citizens who have overstayed and/or need extensions on tourist visas should work with Vietnamese immigration authorities and follow the proper procedures to resolve immigration issues. Citizens of the United States may also contact a tourist agency that can sponsor foreigners seeking to extend their visas to Vietnam without leaving and re-entering Vietnam.
What is Vietnam visa prices?
Prices differ depending on where you apply, whether Embassy / Consulate or travel agencies such as Click2visas. We add a little service charge that’s pretty fair, so you don’t have to spend money traveling back and forth on transportation to the Embassy or Consulate, standing in line, and wasting more time.
How can a USA citizen apply for a Vietnam Visa?
It is quite simple to complete the request. Please follow the below steps carefully:
- Choose the departure and arrival country, select the required visa type, enter your name, and click ‘CLICK TO START.’
- Verify the visa fee and terms and conditions on the next page.
- On the third page, enter your basic details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents (you can upload the documents in a later stage also).
- After that, review and confirm the information of your form, then proceed with the payment. We support all types of cards for payment.
- You will receive the invoice and a confirmation mail with a link in your registered email id.
- Click the link and complete the remaining form (you can also upload the document in this stage) and submit it for processing.
- Once the evisa is approved, click2visas will send your visa to your email in PDF format.