Criteria to obtain a US Visa Mexico citizen

4 years


The United States of America,  generally referred to as the United States or the USA, located in the North American continent occupies an area of 9,826 million square kilometers, making it the third-largest nation in the world in terms of population. This huge country has a lot of natural wonders that it would not sell with the world. The crashing Niagara Falls and the magical Grand Canyon contribute to the charm of this land, drawing visitors from all over the world. Thousands of people are joining and exiting the United States every year. Even so, if you are not a US citizen, you would most likely need permission to visit the country. A US visa is a stamp that you have on your travel document, more precisely your passport, which ensures that you are eligible to access the United States of America. Holding a US visa doesn’t mean you’re going to enter the US, since this is at the discretion of the Homeland Security Department (DHS) and the Ports and Borders Protection (CPB) inspectors.

Sunrise with palms

I am holding a Mexican Passport. Do I require US visa Mexican citizens to visit the US?

Yes, Mexican citizens who want to visit the USA for business or leisure must apply for a US B1 / B2 Visa first.

What is the US B1/B2 visa?

A US B1 / B2 visa is a temporary, non-immigrant visa that requires the applicant to fly to the US for commercial and tourist purposes.

B1 visa: The B1 visa is non-immigrant US visas that require tourists to access the United States for commercial purposes. The advantage of the B1 visa is that you can establish business dealings and visit the US as many times as required for a business.

B2 visa: The B2 Visa is a US Tourist Visa that requires you to access the US for travel, leisure, or meeting friends and family. Get a vacation in the US to Engage in social activities organized by different groups.

How long will the US B1 / B2 visa be valid for?

This visa is valid for ten years once it has been issued. US B1/B2 visa multiple entries for up to 180 days per entries.

What is the cost of a US B1/B2 visa?

The cost of obtaining a US B1/B2 visa is USD 160. We additionally add 10 USD for the service fee.

What requirements would I need to apply to the US B1 / B2 VISA?

To apply for your B1 / B2 interview, the below should be available after you fulfill our visa form:

  • Passport is valid for a limited period of six months during your stay in the USA.
  • Passport standard digital photo.
  • Flight itinerary (if the travel plans have already been made)
  • Days of the past five visits or journeys to the United States, whether you’ve been there before.
  • Information about the present and experience of schooling and employment.

What conditions does the applicant passport meet for the US B1/B2 visa?

Your passport should be valid for at least six months following your stay in the US. This shall refer to every stay within the 10-year validity span of the visa. It has to have at least two blank pages as well.

Is it necessary to complete Form DS-160 for obtaining a US B1/B2 visa?

Form DS-160 is an online US non-immigrant visa application form. It is a completely online process that any person seeking to receive a non-immigrant visa for the USA must complete. The form contains questions about your details, contact details, passport and travel information, prior trips to the USA. DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application is used when applying for a business visa. It needs facts and specifics about your history and your intention to visit. You will need to find and fill out the section that is specific to the B1 visa. You will need to fill in the sections with the US tourist visa and apply them online afterward.

A caesalpinia pulcherrima tree with poor lighting in cloudy day

How to apply for a US visa Mexico? 

It is quite a simple step for applying for a US visa for Mexican citizens. Kindly follow the below steps carefully:                    

  • Choose the departure and arrival country, select the required visa type, enter your name, and click ‘CLICK TO START.’
  • Verify the visa fee and terms and conditions on the next page.
  • On the third page, enter your basic details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents (you can upload the documents in a later stage also).
  • After that, review and confirm the information of your form, then proceed with the payment. We support all types of cards for payment.
  • You will receive the invoice and a confirmation mail with a link in your registered email id.
  • Click the link and complete the remaining form (you can also upload the document in this stage) and submit it for processing.
  • Once the visa process is completed, click2visas will send your visa related documents to your email.
  • Based on your consulate’s application procedure, you can submit and collect the visa application by visit or Mail. You will be notified by the consulate about the decision made to your application.

My B1/B2 visa is still valid, but my passport has expired. Do I need to apply for a new B1/B2 visa?

Not necessarily, however. In this case, along with your new valid passport, you must hold your expired passport with your valid US visa. However, on both passports, your essential personal details (name, sex, date of birth, and nationality) must be the same. If you have made any changes to your personal details for any reason (for example, a change of name due to marriage), you will need to obtain a new visa.

Can I Get a Green Card With a US B2 Visa?

It is very difficult to get permanent residence or a Green Card from a US B2 Visa. This is because the US B2 visa is a temporary US visa. To get the B2 Visa, you must prove that you will return to your home country after it expires. The US B2 visa does not allow you to look for work or start studying, so you cannot live in the US for more than the allowed time.

This publication is provided for general information purposes only and is not intended to cover every aspect of the topics with which it deals. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content in this publication. Through this blog post you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of FULFILL Holding Pvt limited. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. The information in this publication does not constitute legal, tax or other professional advice from FULFILL Holding Pvt limited or its affiliates. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the publication is accurate, complete or up to date.