Overview of US Tourist Visa Applications

By support@click2visas.com
4 years


The places of interest in the US are unlimited; the country boasts something for everyone. The capital city of Washington DC contains the three most prominent buildings: The Capitol, the White House, and the Supreme Court. Though New York is the hub of power for banking, fashion, entertainment, and the arts. It’s home to Times Square, the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, and other iconic buildings. San Francisco is renowned for its beautiful countryside, foggy areas, cable cars, and lively Victorian houses. San Jose, the US technology center, is also known for its landmarks in architecture. Las Vegas, a town in Nevada, is renowned for its vibrant nightlife, hotels, casinos, popular dance fountains, and endless entertainment opportunities. The USA boasts several more human-made splendors, such as The Golden Gate Bridge, Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom, Disneyland, Adventure Islands, and Hollywood Universal Studios, which attract millions of visitors from around the world. And a definition of the USA is incomplete without noting its natural splendor, such as Yellowstone Park, National Glacier Park, and Grand Canyon. People from eligible countries can apply for US tourist visa applications.

Winding road passing through beautiful australian countryside at sunset

What is US tourist visa applications?

All travelers who wish to visit the US for tourist purposes need US tourist visa applications to get a US B1/B2 visa to enter the country.

What is the US B1/B2 visa?

If you plan a trip to the United States, then it is highly probable that you need a visa to enter the country. A US B1 / B2 visa is a temporary non-immigrant visa that allows the holder to travel to the USA for tourism and business purposes. It is a non-immigrant visa that can give you up to a year’s stay, depending on how the interview goes.

Is there any separate cost do we need to pay to obtain US tourist visa applications?

No, there is no cost for US tourist visa applications. You can get the tourist visa application for free of cost. But you need to pay USD160.00 and a service fee of USD 10.00 to process your tourist visa application. 

How long is the US tourist visa (B1/B2) valid for?

The US B1/B2 visa is valid until ten years after the issue. It is also a Multiple Entry Visa, which allows for a maximum stay of six months per Entry (Note that your national passport must be valid for at least six months after the end of your planned stay in the USA).

What are the things I need to fill US tourist visa applications?

To fill the US tourist visa applications, you should have the following information available:

  1. Valid applicant national passport (Valid for a minimum duration of six months after your stay in the USA).
  2. Passport standard digital picture.
  3. Travel itinerary (if you have travel plans already made).
  4. Lines of your last five visits or trips to the United States, whether you’ve been there before.
  5. Data about your past and present education and job history.
  6. Any card to pay the cost online.

What requirements would the applicant’s passport have to fulfill for the US tourist visa?

Travel documents or passport must be valid at least six months after your visit to the USA. This shall apply to any stay within the 10-year validity span of the visa. It further demands to hold at least two blank pages. 

How long would it take after completing my US tourist visa applications to arrange my interview appointment for a US B1/B2 visa? 

Getting your US tourist (B1/B2) visa will take at least five weeks from the date of your application with Click2visas. We suggest you submit your US tourist visa applications as far in advance as possible. The time it takes to schedule your interview at the US embassy/consulate depends on the processing time and total application flow of that particular embassy/consulate. After your interview, your US tourist visa applications will be processed and approved within five business days.

My USA B1/B2 visa is yet valid, but my passport has expired. Do I need to apply for the US tourist visa applications?

Not necessarily. You must bear your expired passport with a valid US visa and your current valid passport in this situation. Your essential personal details (name, gender, date of birth, and nationality) on both passports must be the same. If any changes in your personal details have been made for any reason (change in name due to marriage, for example), you will have to fill new US tourist visa applications.

Beautiful tropical nature beach sea ocean at sunset or sunrise

I made a mistake with my US tourist visa applications. Can the visa be modified after it is issued?

No, we cannot change or correct any information on the visa once it is issued. However, if you do realize you made a mistake before your US tourist visa applications have been processed, please contact us ASAP via online chat or by sending an email to us.

What is the US tourist visa duration?

The length of the US Tourist Visa is widely used to describe how much time you are permitted to stay in the USA once you arrive. It is also called a maximum stay. You need to know that the US tourist visa duration cannot exceed one year, but believe it or not, the amount of time you can spend in the US is at the discretion of the consular officer that interviews the US embassy.

If I want to extend my stay in the US, Do I need to fill the new US tourist visa applications?

Even though many people think it is very difficult to obtain a US Visa extension, at this stage, it is a very common procedure. If you’re a tourist stuck in the United States because of the latest COVID-19 situation or any other circumstances outside your control, you don’t have to fill in the US tourist visa applications; instead, you can file a request with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on the Form I-539, called Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status before the expiration of your authorized period of stay. 

This publication is provided for general information purposes only and is not intended to cover every aspect of the topics with which it deals. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content in this publication. Through this blog post you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of FULFILL Holding Pvt limited. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. The information in this publication does not constitute legal, tax or other professional advice from FULFILL Holding Pvt limited or its affiliates. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the publication is accurate, complete or up to date.