Requirements of Sri Lanka Visa for US Citizens
Sri Lanka is such a beautiful country full of friendly people, breath-taking scenery, and delicious food. Despite its fairly recent past, Sri Lanka is an exotic destination, has become a popular holiday destination enjoyed by many people. If you want to chill on the shore in a luxurious resort or go to see the wildlife, you’ll make unforgettable memories. People are nice, and there are a million things you can do to relax or have fun. Are you an adventurer? Sri Lanka fits your destination profile. Applying for a Sri Lanka visa for US citizens or evisa is very easy and quick. A traveler from the US can apply for a Sri Lanka visa online as a US citizen.
Does a US citizen need a visa to travel to Sri Lanka?
If you are considering traveling to Sri Lanka, there are some details that you should know. If you’re a US citizen, you need a visa before entering Sri Lanka. If you’re traveling as a visitor, student, company, or for some other purpose, you’ll need a visa. The excellent thing is true that you can apply for a Sri Lanka visa for US citizens online without visiting any Sri Lanka embassy/consulate.
Could I apply for a Sri Lanka visa for US citizens at the port of entry?
You can able to apply for a Sri Lanka visa for US citizens at the port of entry with an extra cost of 5 USD. But applying online beforehand is much better, particularly if you don’t want to wait in a queue for an hour. These are also referred to as Sri Lanka ETA or Electronic Travel Authorization.
Who can Get Sri Lanka Online Visa?
Citizens of any country can get an ETA. But citizens of the following countries must get a visa before their arrival to Sri Lanka in an embassy/consulate. The procedure is the same as the Sri Lanka visa for US citizens.
Afghanistan, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Myanmar, Nigeria, North Korea, Pakistan, Republic of the Congo, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Syria, Uganda.
How can I apply for a Sri Lanka visa for US citizens?
It is quite simple to complete the request. Please follow the below steps carefully:
- Choose the departure and arrival country, select the required visa type, enter your name, and click ‘CLICK TO START.’
- Verify the visa fee and terms and conditions on the next page.
- On the third page, enter your basic details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents (you can upload the documents in a later stage also).
- After that, review and confirm the information of your form, then proceed with the payment. We support all types of cards for payment.
- You will receive the invoice and a confirmation mail with a link in your registered email id.
- Click the link and complete the remaining Sri Lanka visa for US citizens form (you can also upload the document in this stage) and submit it for processing.
- Once the evisa is approved, click2visas will send your visa to your email in PDF format.
How much does Sri Lanka visa for US citizens cost?
The cost of Sri Lanka visa for US citizens is zeros. US citizen can get Sri Lanka ETA for free of cost. Other than 28 countries under the EU or 20 countries mentioned below need to pay 35 USD as a visa fee and a service fee of 10 USD (This is subject to change). You can pay the fee online while filling your ETA application. You can pay for it using any payment cards after you fill out the form.
Australia, Cambodia, Canada, China, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Switzerland, Thailand, Ukraine, United Kingdom, USA.
Tips to fill Sri Lanka visa for US citizens: –
- Intended Arrival Date: Don’t think about this but keep it close to the day you expect to fly. The ETA is on from the day you reach Sri Lanka.
- Children Details: If you have children traveling with you (below 16), you can add their information to your application. Children under 12 can enter free, but their details must be entered.
- Departure Information: You can leave the departure terminal, airline, and flight number while you fill out the form. However, please ensure that you have a return ticket within 30 days of arrival.
- Declaration: If you already have an ETA or some other visa in Sri Lanka, you can not get an ETA until that expires.
- Address in Sri Lanka: This can be the address of a hostel or hotel you are staying in.
How long a Sri Lanka visa for US citizens valid?
The tourist Sri Lanka visa for US citizens is valid for 30 days in Total. Keep in mind that this number of days is valid for each entry, and this evisa is a double-entry visa so that you can have a maximum of 90 days when you visit Sri Lanka.
Can I extend my stay in Sri Lanka beyond the 30-day limit?
At the Sri Lankan Department of Immigration & Emigration, you can apply for an extension with an additional fee. Sri Lanka visa for US citizens also allows twice entry and is valid for 180 days after first use. Don’t forget to take note of the conditions for obtaining this visa to be able to access the country easily.
What are the requirements for US citizen’s to visit Sri Lanka?
One of the key criteria for US people to visit Sri Lanka is to provide evidence of sufficient funding for their stay in the country. All travelers must also have evidence that they have been vaccinated for Yellow Fever. Bear in mind that any foreign currency greater than $15,000 must be declared at the entry point. Individuals who come with a tourist visa are prohibited from recruiting solely as “tourists,” including sightseeing, medical tourism, sports, and cultural activities. Travelers who are unsure which activities are protected by the tourist visa regulations should be aware of this information before entering the country; otherwise, they may be at risk of being deported.
What are the Sri Lanka visas you can apply with Click2Visas?
Apply Single-Entry Transit Visa to Sri Lanka
Single Entry Transit Visa issued mostly to travellers who need to get the connecting flights to reach their destinations. Mostly no stay in Sri Lanka allowed during the visit.
Apply Tourist Visa Double Entry For-30 Days to Sri Lanka
Tourist Visa Double Entry For 30 Days is travel authority for a visitor to enter Sri Lanka. This is primarily for sightseeing, leisure, holidays, or other tourism activities.
Apply Business Visa Multiple Entry for-30 Days to Sri Lanka
Business Visa Multiple Entry For 30 Days is mostly a short-stay visa, which allows the holder to enter the Sri Lanka and engage in business activities without entering the labour market of that country.