Overview of how to get Korean visa
South Korea is warm and welcoming, with a rich heritage and culture, located in South East Asia. The capital city has many other cultural and artistic attractions, including the Art Museum, Seoul Fortress, and other ancient tombs. In addition to being abundant in lakes, rivers, woods, and sanctuaries, South Korea is also the largest destination for creative cosmetics. Of cosmetic surgery, Korea is also known for its excellence. South Korea provides Korean antiquities, artworks, western arts and crafts, clothes, and accessories for shoppers. US people traveling for business or tourism to South Korea do not need a visa, and non-US passport holders require a visa to South Korea. When applying for a visa to South Korea, you must send multiple documents to help your application. Visa requirements for South Korea vary depending on the type of visa you need and the country you are applying for.
Do US passport holders need a South Korean visa?
Citizens of the United States may visit the Republic of Korea without a visa for a period of up to 30 days or less if the aim of the trip is for tourism, business meetings, conference attendance, or family visits.
Will non-US Passport holders need a South Korean visa?
For non-U.S. Citizen, for entering South Korea, they need a visa.
How to get Korean visa for Business requirements?
For Business visas, the following documents are required:
- Photo – One passport type photo which is taken within six months. The photo must be natural in color and size should be 2inches x 2inches
- Passport – Valid passport and passport shall be valid for more than six months when making an application and one blank visa page.
- Green Card or USA Visa – Non-US passport holders are expected to have a notarized copy of either side of their green card or valid US Visa.
- Flight Itinerary – Travel Itinerary or flight tickets
- Host Invitation Letter – Letter of invitation from your Host in South Korea
- Business Letter from the Company – It must be issued in the letterhead of Business and bear the full name of Applicant as on Passport. It should also explain the purpose and length of stay.
Which types of things should I engage as a South Korean Business visitor?
You may be involved in the activities below as a business visitor to South Korea. Although this list is not exhaustive and other activities might qualify as a business, you may want to:
- Enter corporate meetings, sales sessions, conferences, seminars, and exhibitions
- Carry out a consumer study
- Negotiate and sign Agreements
- Engage in small-scale economic activity
How to get Korean visa for Tourist requirements?
The following documents are required for Tourist Visas:
- Passport Photo – Please add 1 passport photo (size 2 “x 2”, color) on the form. It must be taken within six months. This must be taken within six months.
- Bank Statement – Latest 1 month bank statement or remittance or exchange certificate (current balance more than $3,000)
- Hotel Reservation – Information about Hotel Reservation
- Passport – Physical passport with validity of 6 months after completion of the trip and one page of blank visa
- US Visa or Permanent Residence – Non-US passport holders must have a notarized copy of their green card or US Visa on both sides.
- Flight Details – Flight itinerary confirmed
What should we do with a South Korean Tourist visa?
Tourist visas are given to foreigners from South Korea who actually wish to fly for leisure or recreational purposes. So, if you’re traveling for one of the following reasons, you should get a tourist visa:
- For a family member/friend to meet
- To participate in a religious/cultural/sport/musical event
- Tourist visas to South Korea require the holder to live up to 90 days in South Korea. The holder of a tourist visa is not allowed to work or engage in any other renumbered activities.
Do I have to take medical / travel insurance?
You are strongly recommended to purchase a health/travel plan to protect yourself in South Korea as medical care in South Korea can be very costly. Your travel insurance provides protection against unexpected emergencies on international travel, such as medical expense coverage, flight delays, and cancellations, loss of passports and baggage, or personal accident. We strongly recommend buying travel insurance and taking advantage of our special deal for financial protection and security on your foreign trip.
How to get Korean visa from the USA?
It is quite simple to complete the request. Please follow the below steps carefully:
- Choose the departure and arrival country, select the required visa type, enter your name, and click ‘CLICK TO START.’
- Verify the visa fee and terms and conditions on the next page.
- On the third page, enter your basic details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents (you can upload the documents in a later stage also).
- After that, review and confirm the information of your form, then proceed with the payment. We support all types of cards for payment.
- You will receive the invoice and a confirmation mail with a link in your registered email id.
- Click the link and complete the remaining form (you can also upload the document in this stage) and submit it for processing.
- Once the visa process is completed, click2visas will send your visa related documents to your email.
- Based on your Consulate’s application procedure, you can submit and collect the visa application by visit or Mail. The Consulate will notify you of the opinion they have taken about your request.
I am a frequent visitor to the Korean Republic. Should I be expected to include all the documents I apply for every time?
Sure. Each time you apply for a Republic of Korea visa, you must have the latest additional documentation.
Can I extend my South Korean Visa?
If you want to stay longer in South Korea than your visa permits, you can apply for a visa extension at the South Korea Immigration Office. You must apply for a visa extension to South Korea at least four months before your current visa expires.
You must submit the following documents:
- Passport of yours
- Completed application form for stay extension permission
- Payment receipt of the processing fee
- Your Foreign Registration Card (when you extend a visa for a long period)
- Any other documents, depending on the particular visa.