Tips to get a Singapore visa for US citizens
A trip to Singapore, irrespective of the intention, would most definitely allow you to obtain a visa before departure. The sole provision refers to residents of the 34 countries which are excluded from visas. We can remain in Singapore for periods ranging from 30 to 90 days, depending on the country of origin. Most of the other nationalities also require a visa to cross the boundaries and live in Singapore. Even so, there is more than one form of visa for Singapore, so you will apply for the one that suits your intent. If you schedule a trip to Singapore, you will have a lot to do. You need to book a cab, make a hotel reservation, prepare an itinerary. One factor you need to think about, though, is whether you require a visa. From this point, the internet will help a lot, but you need to be vigilant of what you are reading as the online data is not exactly the most accurate source.
Does Singapore visa for us citizens are required?
When travelers who are traveling to Singapore with the U.S. Passport, Visa is not needed. If they are traveling to Singapore with a non-US Passport, then a visa is required.
When should I submit my visa application?
Applications for visas may be approved as early as 30 days before your intended arrival in Singapore.
What is the validity of the passport to submit a visa application?
Passport should be valid for at least six months beyond the expected last day of stay in Singapore.
What is the time of processing to get a Singapore visa for us citizens?
The processing time to get a Singapore visa for us citizens is 2- 4 weeks.
How many times can I access Singapore with a business/tourist visa?
You can enter Singapore with a Business/tourist Visa for Single Entry.
What is the period of stay for non-US citizens?
The period of stay for non-U.S. citizens is up to 30 days from the day of entry in Singapore.
Who should sign a minor’s application form?
The parent can sign the application form for his or her children. The applicant under the age of 14 could never sign the application form.
What are the required documents to get a Singapore business visa/tourist visa for non- US citizens?
The documents that are needed for Non – US citizens obtaining Singapore business/tourist visas are as follows:
Your current original and signed passport should be submitted. These must not expire within six months of the last day of stay in Singapore and must have at least one free visa page. Foreign Embassies are unable to grant a visa on a page not identified as a visa page. The revision and approval sections in the back of the passport cannot be used to grant a visa. A passport will never be marked on a page even though there is just one small stamp on the passport document. If your passport expires within six months, you need to get a renewed passport, and we will hold your new passport for you.
Send out two recent photographs of a professional passport form. Neither digital nor non-passport images are acceptable.
Proof of US status:
A photocopy of a permanent resident card (Green Card) or current U.S. and I-94 visas are needed. Planning to go back to the US after visiting Singapore, please provide a valid US visa or documentary evidence confirming your returnability, such as INS Parole Paper, etc.
Proof of departure:
A photocopy of an onward air ticket or flight itinerary verified. You will get a visa to the next destination (if applicable). The Embassy is not recommending that you purchase your ticket before issuing a visa.
When you are traveling for business purposes, a letter of duty is expected to be typed on the company’s letterhead and sent to Page on Visas, Singapore Embassy. The letter should explain everything as follows Type of business to work on, name of reference and location to be visited. This letter will require a Multiple Entry Visa if applicable, Guarantee of return transport, and adequate funds for the tour. The document will have to be signed by a business official rather than the applicant.
This needs an invitation letter from a business registered in Singapore.
For tourist visa instead of an invitation letter a letter from an employer may be required
Letter from employer:
An Initial letter on employer’s letterhead from the employer:
- The letter may contain the place, period of work, dates of leave, and when the applicant is supposed to resume jobs after the absence. The letter must also be written on company letterhead, and the person who can check the information must mention the name and contact details.
- For the Self-Employed, submit an incorporation certificate or company identification form and a copy of the last tax return.
- If you are retired, please write a letter saying that you are removed with the original signature.
- If you are a non-working full-time student, you’ll need to make your school or university write a letter saying you’re enrolled to come to school after your travel is done.
What is the process to get a Singapore visa?
It is quite a simple step for applying for a Singapore visa. Kindly follow the below steps carefully:
- Choose the departure and arrival country, select the required visa type, enter your name, and click ‘CLICK TO START.’
- Verify the visa fee and terms and conditions on the next page.
- On the third page, enter your basic details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents (you can upload the documents in a later stage also).
- After that, review and confirm the information of your form, then proceed with the payment. We support all types of cards for payment.
- You will receive the invoice and a confirmation mail with a link in your registered email id.
- Click the link and complete the remaining form (you can also upload the document in this stage) and submit it for processing.
- Once the visa process is completed, click2visas will send your visa related documents to your email.