What are the requirements to get an Umrah visa from USA?
Umrah is the term referring to a Mecca pilgrimage, a shorter version of the annual meeting of the Hajj. In Arabic, the word “Umrah” means “To visit a populated location.” Umrah gives Muslims a chance to renew their faith, to seek forgiveness, and to pray for their needs. One who does so is believed to be purged of their sins. You cannot travel to Saudi Arabia alone if you are a Muslim woman. You must have a male next to kin who is over 18, or You should travel with a team of women older than that or as a group leader if you’re over 45. Devotees from outside Saudi Arabia typically fly by plane and need to apply for a special Umrah visa. They will require a vaccine against meningitis, along with the right paperwork to prove it. Every applicant applying from USA for an Umrah visa, must apply through a licenced travel agency in the United States, which must have signed a contract with a Saudi company to prove it.
May I enter Saudi Arabia with an Umrah visa from USA more times?
An Umrah visa from USA is a Multiple Entry visa. Multiple entry visa applicants typically intend to visit Saudi Arabia several times over a specified period of time. Applying for an Umrah visa from USA, you must have a passport with 6 months validity.
What documents must be filed to apply for an Umrah visa from USA?
These documents are required prior to applying for an Umrah visa from USA:
- Return Flight Ticket – A non-refundable return flight ticket to the country of origin.
- Applicant Photo – A recent color photograph taken against a white backdrop, passport size. This should show a full-face view in which the visa applicant directly faces the camera, as no side or distorted views are approved.
- Financial Status – You’ll need evidence to show the Customs officer that you can pay the or your trip
- Hotel Booking – They request that you have booked your hotels and transportation through approved websites in order to issue the visa and send the agent the BRN code.
- Applicant Passport – Passports should be active at least 6 months from the date the application form is submitted.
- Travel Authorization – Have a letter or declaration from your host explaining the reason for your journey.
- Evidence of relationship – The husband/father or a male relative (Mahram) should accompany the women and children. Evidence of partnership is required (a marriage certificate, a child’s birth certificate stating both parents’ names). On the same Airline as his wife and children, the Mahram would fly into and out of Saudi Arabia. When a woman turns 45 or older, when she’s traveling with a coordinated party or family and submit a notarized No Objection Certificate (NOC) from her Mahram, she is allowed to leave without a Mahram.
- Resident Permit – If the applicant is not a citizen of the country from which he/she is applying, the application must be accompanied by a valid residency permit.
- Vaccination certificate – Attach a certificate of vaccination against Meningococcal Meningitis. The vaccination certificate should have been given no more than three years and no less than 10 days before entering Saudi Arabia and should be valid for three years. The certificate of vaccination shall be with the applicant upon admission into Saudi Arabia.
- Certificate from a Mosque – If anyone has a non-Muslim name, a certificate from a mosque or an Islamic center should be given confirming that the person is a Muslim.
How long is it appropriate for the Umrah performer to remain in Saudi Arabia??
Your overall stay in total will be 90 days.
What are the Saudi rules with an Umrah visa from USA?
- Umrah visa from USA is valid only for traveling around Jeddah, Mecca, and Medina and for traveling between these towns. These visas are not valid for residence or for jobs. Unapproved travel outside of these areas will result in violations and penalties for immigration.
- It is prohibited for non-Muslims to travel to the holy city of Mecca and the parts of Medina that are considered sacred.
- Over-stay penalties can include fines amounting to thousands of dollars, imprisonment awaiting deportation proceedings, and possible bans from returning to Saudi Arabia.
- The Saudi authorities prohibit taking photos (still or video, including those taken with your phone) in the Holy Mosque in Mecca or in the Mosque of the Prophet in Medina. Any breach of official orders will likely result in your computer being confiscated. Please exercise good judgment and adhere to each site’s rules.
- To conduct Umrah, U.S. people residing in Saudi Arabia must travel with sponsor groups approved by the Saudi Government.
- Applicants for the Umrah visa to Saudi Arabia should ensure that the validity period does not surpass the last day of Ramadan. Umrah visa holders are not allowed to spend Eid-ul-Fitr in the country and are expected to leave before the end of Ramadan.
How can a US citizen apply for an Umrah visa from USA?
It is quite simple to complete the request. Please follow the below steps carefully:
- Choose the departure and arrival country, select the required visa type, enter your name, and click ‘CLICK TO START.’
- Verify the visa fee and terms and conditions on the next page.
- On the third page, enter your basic details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents (you can upload the documents in a later stage also).
- After that, review and confirm the information of your form, then proceed with the payment. We support all types of cards for payment.
- You will receive the invoice and a confirmation mail with a link in your registered email id.
- Click the link and complete the remaining Umrah visa from USA form (you can also upload the document in this stage) and submit it for processing.
- Once the evisa is approved, click2visas will send your visa to your email in PDF format.