A detailed review of Nigeria visa
Nigeria is a coastal nation, and the sandy beaches and aquatic sports are the main draws for visitors. Other attractions include historical monuments, exciting rainforest trips, exploring wild animals, visiting archaeological monuments, and the broad art and culture in Nigeria. On February 4, 2020, Nigeria’s Federal Government introduced a new Nigeria Visa Policy (“VP”), which aims to transform the Nigeria Visa application and issuing process and provide better access for legitimate purposes to foreign investors, visitors, and other persons visiting Nigeria.
What are the types of Nigeria Visa?
- Short Visit Visas – This Nigeria visa category requires foreigners to enter Nigeria for travel, conferences, and other business purposes for a period of 3 months. This also applies to reporters, authors, clerics, and specialists who need short visits to accomplish their unique tasks in Nigeria.
- Temporary Residence Visas – This Nigeria visa category applies to persons wishing to reside in Nigeria for employment and studies.
- Permanent Residence Visas – This category of Nigeria visa extends to foreign investors in Nigeria who are able to stay, work, and invest from $250,000 to $100 million, depending on the Visa category.
- Electronic Visa – This allows visitors and tourists to apply for electronic visas and, if they meet the criteria, to receive pre-approval before entering Nigeria.
Will US people require a Nigeria visa?
Americans traveling to Nigeria must be in possession of a valid passport and a Nigerian visa to enter. Similarly, the U.S. State Department states that Americans are still forbidden from leaving the country without adequate visa documents, ensuring legal entry into Nigeria.
What documents do business requirements demand a Nigeria visa?
For Business Nigeria Visa, the following documents are required:
- Passport – Present passport with a validity of at least six months and have to have at least one blank visa page. International embassies will not be allowed to issue a visa on a website not marked as a Visa website. The alteration and endorsement pages at the back of the passport cannot be used to grant a visa.
- Passport Photo – 2 Recent photographs of a professional passport type. Non-passport and digital photographs are unacceptable.
- Evidence of Status in USA – Non-U.S. passport holders must have proof of legal residency (green card printed copy, resident permit, work visa, or visa page required).
- Flight Tickets – Airline round trip tickets are required, or itinerary or e-ticket. The itinerary will include the name of the applicant, the date of arrival and departure from the country, and the flight details.
- Business Letter – Letter of introduction from the firm or agency of the applicant, including a description of the work to be completed; Name of contact, and address to be visited.
- Host Company Invitation – Invitation letter from the host company in Nigeria acknowledging full immigration and financial responsibility as well as the intent of the visit and the length of the stay.
Which documents are needed for Nigeria visa regarding Tourism?
For Tourist Nigeria Visa, the following documents are required:
- Passport – Current passport with a minimum validity of 6 months and must have at least one blank visa page. Visa issuance by foreign embassies would not be permitted on a website not marked as a Visa website. The modifications and permissions pages at the back of the passport cannot be used to issue a visa.
- Photo – 2 Latest professional Passport photos. Digital and non-passport images are objectionable.
- Confirmation of status in USA – Non-American Passport holders should provide proof of their legal residency (green card copy, resident visa, work permit, or visa page required).
- Host Invitation Letter – If the applicant is staying at a private residence, they need to have an invitation note from the Host relative or friend. If Friend or Relative is a resident of Nigeria, a copy of his / her Nigerian passport (first four pages) must also be submitted. If a welcoming Friend or Relative is a non-Nigerian person, then welcoming Friend or Relative should send copies of their resident permits and their passport details page(s).
- Hotel Reservation – Confirmed hotel accommodation if the applicant would not stay with Host.
- Evidence of Funds – Evidence of funds to support the stay in Nigeria (bank letter etc.)
- Bank Statements – A copy of your latest banking statement
- Minor Documents – If the children are for US parents – Copy of birth certificate displaying names of both parents; Copies of passports for both parents (Bio data page); Both parents signed a notarized statement of consent. If the kids are for Nigerian parents – Both parents have signed a notarized letter of consent; Copies of passports of both parents (bio-data page)
Is there any document related to the Transit Nigeria Visa?
- Destination Visa – Transit visa applicants must be able to show a valid visa to their final destination.
How can the US and other citizens apply for a Nigeria visa?
It is quite simple to complete the request. Please follow the below steps carefully:
- Choose the departure and arrival country, select the required visa type, enter your name, and click ‘CLICK TO START.’
- Verify the visa fee and terms and conditions on the next page.
- On the third page, enter your basic details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents (you can upload the documents in a later stage also).
- After that, review, confirm the information of your form, then proceed with the payment. We support all types of cards for payment.
- You will receive the invoice and a confirmation mail with a link in your registered email id.
- Click the link and complete the remaining Nigeria Visa form (you can also upload the document in this stage) and submit it for processing.
- Once the visa process is completed, click2visas will send your visa related documents to your email.
- Based on your Consulate’s application procedure, you can submit and collect the visa application by visit or Mail. The Consulate will intimate you of the decision taken in respect of your application.