Best way to know LATAM Airlines Baggage policy
LATAM Airlines Carry-on Baggage Allowance:
LATAM Airlines allows one carry-on bag and one personal item like a briefcase or purse. Outer garments and assistive devices do not count as our personal items. The maximum dimensions of a carry-on baggage is 22 x 13 x 9 inches (or) 55 x 35 x 25 centimeters (length + width + height). The maximum weight of carry-on baggage in an Economy class is 17 pounds or 8 kilograms (Economy class within Brazil is 22 pounds or 10 kilograms). Bulkhead seats will not have under-seat storage, so we need to keep all our carry-on baggage at the overhead compartment or under the seat in front of us. The maximum weight of carry-on baggage in the Premium Economy and Premium Business class is 35 pounds or 16 kilograms.
LATAM Airlines Hold Luggage or Checked Baggage:
The standard weight and size of each bag in its linear dimensions are 62 inches (or) 158 centimeters (length + width + height), and its weight is 50 pounds or 23 kilograms. Any baggage exceeding the standard weight and dimensions limitations are subject to applicable fees.
LATAM Airlines Baggage allowance for Infants:
One baggage is allowed for infants whose age is up to 2 years with its linear dimensions of 62 inches (or) 158 centimeters (length + width + height).
The maximum weight permissible for traveling to and from the US is 70 pounds (or) 32 kilograms. Suppose space is available in the aircraft cabin.
One of the following items is complying with accepted carry-on measurements that can be taken: a bassinet, an infant safety chair (or) car seat that is approved for on-board usage in aircraft, bunting bag, a foldaway baby stroller.
Sports equipment in LATAM Airlines Baggage:
Sports equipment might be accepted as a hold luggage (or) checked baggage. Some of those could be Bow and arrow, Bicycles, Bowling items, fishing, and golf equipment, scuba diving, paragliding, ski equipment (water or snow), sporting firearm, snowboard, surf, and windsurfing.
Following are the information related to this equipment:
· Bow and arrow include an arrow case, a bow, arrows, and maintenance kit.
· Bicycles generally accepted as hold luggage or checked baggage with flat tires, whose pedals are removed handlebar is aligned. One passenger can carry only one cycle.
· Bowling itemsinclude one pair of bowling shoes, a bowling ball, and a bag.
· Fishing equipment: one fishing reel, two fishing poles, one pair of fishing boots, one net, and one wire basket.
· Golf equipment, including one bag with shoes and clubs. In case the equipment exceeding established weight allowance, we need to pay an excess baggage fee.
· Scuba Diving includes one pressure gauge, one snorkel, one mask, one air regulator, one knife, two fins, one life jacket, and one harpoon (unloaded and packed safely). LATAM Airlines accepts Oxygen cylinders only as checked baggage.
· Paragliding includes one canopy.
· Ski equipment (water or snow) consists of either a pair of either conventional or slalom water skis (or) pair of snow skis and accessories.
· Sporting Firearmneeds to present the required documentation, unloaded, and transported in an adequate case.
· We can carry only one snowboard. Surf and windsurfinginclude one windsurfing board (or) surfboard along with sail and mast.
· Items that are not exceeding 118 lineal inches (or) 300 lineal centimeters. LATAM Airlines transports larger items like kayaks, vaulting poles, javelins, gliders, canoes, hand gliders by its cargo.
CPAP Devices in LATAM Airlines:
Suppose we want to carry respiratory assistive devices and having its approved list for on-board usage or have a tag or a copy of the tag, brochure, or document confirming that it is intended for in-flight usage. In that case, we can carry all kinds of respiratory assistive devices in all our cabins on all our routes.
Musical Instruments in LATAM Airlines:
If the musical instruments meet the dimensions and weight of carry-on baggage allowance, LATAM Airlines permits them as cabin baggage. Larger instruments with appropriate dimensions are allowed to travel in a seat separately purchased. And if we meet the following criteria: reservation of an extra seat purchased on the same fare and service class without taking advantage of an extra baggage allowance.
The weight limit allowance shall be 75 kg/165 lb (45 kg/99 lb in LATAM Airlines Paraguay and LATAM Airlines Brazil flights)
Disclaimer: LATAM Airlines reserves the right to change its policy from time to time. So we can visit their official website for up to date baggage allowances.