Do you have an insight on EVA Air Baggage Allowance?
EVA Air Carry-on Allowance:
Carry-on baggage must fit in the overhead compartment (or) under the seat in front of us. In addition to the personal items (such as a purse, laptop, overcoat), passengers are allowed with one carry-on bag whose dimensions should not exceed 45 inches (or) 115 centimeters (length + height + width) whose weight should not exceed 15 pounds (or) 7 kilograms.
Note: Bulkhead seats do not possess under-seat storage. Therefore, we need to place all our carry-on baggage in the overhead compartment at the time of take-off and landing.
EVA Air Baggage Allowance (Checked Baggage):
Following baggage information applies to the passengers traveling to/from Canada, the US, and certain countries in Central and South America. Two pieces of baggage allowance are permissible, and its maximum weight for passengers of all classes is 32 kilograms (or) 70 pounds; their maximum dimensions are 157 centimeters (or) 62 linear inches. (length + width + height).
Following baggage, the information applies to the passengers traveling to most other destinations. The maximum weight permissible for Economy Class and Premium Economy passengers is 20 kilograms or 44 pounds as a total. The maximum weight permitted for Business Class passengers is 30 kilograms or 66 pounds as a total. The maximum weight permissible for First Class passengers is 40 kilograms or 88 pounds as a total.
Please Note: Based on our originating city and destination, there might be exceptions to the above-said information. For further details and if we have any questions, we can contact the EVA Air Reservations desk or check their website.
Traveling with Pets:
Accompanied pets such as dogs, cats and rabbits can only be carried as checked baggage in EVA Air’s cargo section. If we are about to travel with pets, we need to fill Passenger’s Declaration for Live Animal form and submit it with the person in the check-in desk. In addition to the other documents that may be requested by departure, transit, or entry countries, we (passengers) are responsible for providing valid vaccination and health certificates. If we fail to comply with EVA Air’s transportation standards, including the safety and health of the pets, Airport personnel reserves entire rights to reject our pet’s carriage. We need to inform EVA Air Reservations at least 48 hours before the departure. Animals less than ten weeks and pregnant animals are not accepted as a carriage.
Pets as Checked Baggage:
· As per IATA guidelines, the pet container must be of rigid plastic material, having one door for pet’s entry and exit. It is present to prevent pets from escaping (or) the claws from being exposed.
· The pet container must have moisture-absorbing material covering the floor or bottom. Also, functioning ventilation openings to be present on more than one side.
· This container should be easily recognized as an animal container. The container’s height must be more than the animal’s height when standing. Thereby, the animals should not touch the roof of the cage.
· The container’s length should be the animal’s nose to the root of the tail, along with the half-height from the ground to the elbow joint. The width of the container must be twice that of an animal across its shoulder blades.
· Each animal carrying in the container needs to have enough space to turn around in a normal standing position, sit and stand erect, and lie down in its natural position.
· Enough supply water and food with necessary feeding receptacles need to be securely attached to the container.
Oversize, Overweight Baggage fees by EVA Air:
If we possess more bags than the permitted allowance (or) our bag goes beyond the linear or weight restrictions, we will be charged additional fees. The fee might vary based on our destination and departing country, so we need to check with EVA Air directly for further information.
CPAP Devices permissible in EVA Air:
We are permitted to bring and use POC – Portable Oxygen Concentrator devices. POC devices require to be accepted by EVA Air and comply with carry on bags weight and measurement limitations.
Because of fragility, size, and other requirements, some sports equipment will be charged an additional fee even if the equipment replaces one of our allowed baggage pieces. We can contact EVA Air directly for further information.
We hope the information above about the EVA Air baggage allowance might be informative.