Overview of Brazil Visa Online
Brazil, famed for its tropical rainforests and wildlife, is on the radar of any avid traveler. Perhaps Brazil’s most famous monument, Christ the Redemptor, stands tall in Rio de Janeiro overlooking Brazil’s beautiful land. Sugar loaf mountain is yet another attraction that offers breathtaking views from the top and has a cableway to move you in style from one location to the other, and the popular crescent-shaped beach of Copacabana will certainly leave you hypnotized. Fernando de Noronha is visited by island and aquatic enthusiasts while, on the other hand, if you want to visit beautiful cafes offering vibes from the old school and art galleries, go to Santa Teresa in Rio de Janeiro. If you’re not a visa-exempt resident of one of the nations, you’ll need a visa to enter Brazil. Brazil has e-visa, which is the fastest way to get a visa.
What is a Brazil visa online?
The Brazilian consulate allows all visa applicants to complete an online application form. It is mandatory, no exceptions. Just this web-based application form is approved by the Brazilian Consulates. No other forms will be accepted. The Brazilian visa application must be submitted within one month, or it will expire.
What are the types of Brazil visa online?
Brazil visa online has two types:
Tourist Visa – If you plan to go to Brazil for private purposes, such as visiting your friends and family or going on a holiday, you must have a tourist visa in place. Brazil does not have a tourist visa-on-arrival, and therefore you will have to apply for an e-visa or get it from your nearest Brazilian diplomatic mission in advance.
Business Visa – Individuals who plan to go to Brazil for business purposes or to represent their company must apply for a business visa. The institute or organization that you will be visiting must send you a letter of invitation, and your passport must be valid for at least six months after your stay.
How long is a Brazil visa online valid?
A Brazil visa online allows you to visit the country on a period for a maximum of 90 days and is valid for 2 years from the date of issue.
How long does it take to process Brazil visa online?
Normally, Brazil visa online takes 3-4 working days.
What are the documents required for the Brazil visa online?
Brazil visa online requirements:
- Original passport is valid for a minimum period of six months from the date of arrival in Brazil. The passport must be signed and shall have at least two pages of blank visas. (Please note: do not accept soiled, damaged, or defaced passports. Obtain a new passport unless the current passport satisfies certain conditions)
- Old passport at any time.
- One recent photo, size 4 cm x 5 cm, white backdrop, in color, front view.
- Proof of contract/work for jobs. If students, evidence of jobs should be supplemented by evidence of enrolment and attendance at school or university. Provide proof of retirement and/or pension payment paper, whether the claimant is unemployed.
- Print off Brazil hotel reservation. When meeting relatives/friends living in Brazil, send a notarized letter of invitation from a Brazilian citizen, or foreigner with a residence permit in Brazil, assuring responsibility for lodging and related expenses during the Brazilian guest stay.
- During the applicant’s stay in Brazil, proof of financial status and/or assistance means -Bank and/or credit card statements for the last three months; and-confirmation of the applicant’s job and leave. Bank statements must be stamped and signed by the Manager of the Branch (manager Id needed on the stamp).
- Print a confirmed round trip ticket out of your itinerary.
- If the applicant is a permanent resident but has an expired Brazilian Foreign Citizens ID (RNE), and a) is over 60 years of age, or b) is a person with special needs, please include a copy of the expired Brazilian Foreign Citizens ID (RNE) passport.
- If the applicant is a minor being adopted by a Brazilian national, please provide the adoption process with a notarized copy of the judicial decision and/or any other proof. In addition, if the minor is traveling unaccompanied to Brazil or in the company of only one of the parents or guardians, provide a notarized copy of the legal decision or notarized written authorization from both parents or guardians.
What are the requirements of the minor for the Brazil visa online?
- Presentation or a notarized copy of the original birth certificate. Copies sent without the initial birth certificate must be approved by the State Government of India’s Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
- Letter of consent authorizing the issuance of a visa to a minor traveling alone, with only one parent or with a third party, signed by both parents or legal guardians (in which case legal evidence of tutelage is required) before a notary public. If the applicant is a student / a minor: his/her parents must show evidence of support during the applicants’ stay in Brazil. Note: If the minor travels with both parents, the letter can be rescinded.
What are the photo requirements for the Brazil visa online?
- The photo is in high definition and in color.
- The picture must not show reflections, shadows, or glare.
- The photograph must be of a white background.
- The applicant’s shoulders must be visible in the picture, but the region beneath the top of the axes should not be visible.
- The face should be dominant, and the shoulders straight and not twisted.
- The visa applicant should look at the camera directly, with their eyes open.
- Applicants must have a neutral face and do not smile on the picture.
- In the picture, it is not appropriate to wear dark, tinted, or reflective glasses or lenses with thick frames.
- The applicant shall not wear headgear unless it is for religious purposes. Even then, it has to allow a clear vision of the face.
- Children do not bear toys, pacifiers, or their guardians’ hands in the photographs.
I got my tourist visa and once traveled to Brazil. Are these still valid?
The Consul shall determine the validity of a visa on a case-by-case basis. Yeah, it remains valid for the duration of the visa for many other visits. The only limitation is that you can not spend more than 90 consecutive days in Brazil each time you go.
My Visa Stamp for Brazil is valid until 2024, but my passport has expired. Do I need to go through the visa process all over again?
No. You will fly to Brazil with your expired passport, with the Brazilian visa and your new passport stamped on it.