Tips for Alaska Airlines Baggage Fees
A Vivid Information on Alaska Airlines Baggage Fees:
It is sporadic to clear the actual prices of fees on airlines and the things that we have taken as baggage at travel. Here you can find the exact prices and current discounts. Regularly Airlines will impose a series of fees or charges on travel.
Let’s Look at some of those fees of Alaska airlines, and some little tips to avoid them.
Alaska Airlines Baggage Fees:
You should always check baggage fees and the rules when you purchase a ticket and not just to confirm how much baggage you are allowed and also to find out how much it will cost you.
At Alaska Airlines, your Carry-on Bag for free, regardless of the type of fare you are ticketed.
Standard fees for Checked bags are 30$ for the first bag,40$ for the second one, and $100 for the third.
Is there any Exemption for these fee exemptions?
Yes, there is an Alaska Airlines Baggage Fees exemption for the members with the following Criteria:
- Strollers, car seats, and mobility aids are in exemption from baggage charges.
- Alaska Airlines Visa Signature credit cardholders get their first checked bag free.
- Elite-Level Mileage Plan Members will get their first and second checked bags free.
- Passengers are confirmed in the first class at check-in to get their first, and the second checked bags are free of cost.
- Active duty military personnel and their dependencies on travel orders get up to five free checked bags.
- One Properly packed box of pineapple from Hawaii when traveling within the United States from Kona (KOA), Maui (OGG), Honolulu (HNL), or Kauai (LIH)
- Wine (Mileage PlanTM members only): Travelling within the United States from the Airports: Bellingham (BLI), Monterey (MRY), Los Angeles (LAX), Medford (MFR), Oakland (OAK), Boise (BOI), Burbank (BUR), Ontario (ONT), Palm Springs (PSP), Pullman (PUW), Redmond (RDM), Pasco (PSC), Portland (PDX), Sacramento (SMF), Orange County (SNA), San Diego (SAN), San Francisco (SFO), Santa Barbara (SBA), Seattle (SEA), Sonoma (STS), Spokane (GEG), San Jose (SJC), San Luis Obispo (SBP), Eugene (EUG), Fresno (FAT), Wenatchee (EAT), Yakima (YKM), Sun Valley (SUN) and Walla Walla (ALW). This does not sound suitable when traveling to international destinations.
Overweight and Oversized bag free:
If you are moving with a 51 to 100 pounds bag or exceeding 63 linear inches, you should be with 100$ to have them checked.
Contact Alaska Air Cargo at 1800-225-2752 for support in items that exceed the checked baggage limits. There are no Exceptions for Over-Sized baggage.
There are no Exceptions for Over-Sized baggage.
Persons Who get to avoid these Alaska Airlines Baggage Fees:
Only the active-duty military personnel and their dependents get some flexibility.
They can avoid the Overweight free for bags up to 70 pounds/ 115” linear, but anything over that will still incur the $100 fee.
Getting your bags to the Airport:
Bags are accepted at the Airport from 4 hours and approximately one hour before your flight time. Baggage will not be accepted outside of these items.
If your travel includes multiple flights:
If you are in the connecting city for 12 hours or longer, you will need to claim and recheck your baggage. Additional baggage fees may apply.
Optional services and fees:
Fees for Pet travel, Paid upgrades, checked baggage, Same-day confirmed changes, our unaccompanied minor services can avail through online check-in at the check-in kiosk of our airport ticket-counters.
Alaska Airlines may market a flight using their flight number is operated by another carrier. If you are one of these codeshare flights, their fees may vary. Many times, your travel includes multiple airlines; different or additional fees may vary. Please visit the operator ‘s website for a rundown of their baggage and service charges.
According to the Card Holders:
Eligible Alaska Airlines visa, Alaska Airlines Visa Business cardholders, and Alaska Airlines World Elite Mastercard holders up to six other guests are flying in the same reservations are free for first bag 40$ for the second bag and 100 per bag three more bags.
Customers traveling in First class, Elite level mileage plan and Club 49 the first and second bags are free, and three more bags will cost 100$
Sometimes the price you see when you are looking on a search engine is not necessarily the amount you have pay.
Fees will get an increase if you are not careful.
Take some time and be sure of all the different charges you might run into and how you can avoid them before you change your mind and add extra services you might not need.