4 Types of U.S. Passport Service Everyone Should Know

By support@click2visas.com
2 years

Are you ready to go to your travel destination? Travelling is very different right now, depending on where you are from and where you’re going. Wherever you go, you need a passport.

Do you have a U.S. Passport? Or is it about to get expired. Don’t stress yourself, anything you can renew your passport via Click2Visas. It’s very safe and reliable.

Applying for a U.S. passport can be a difficult task, starting with trying to determine what you are eligible for and what the requirements are for a particular passport service.

4 Types of U.S. Passport Service Everyone Should Know

Types of Passport Services explained:

New passport applications:

If you have not previously had a US passport, this is your first time applying for a U.S. Passport. Then, the information below is for you.

First, you need to collect some items for your passport application. Let’s look at the requirements one by one.

  • You must provide proof of US citizenship. This is usually in the form of a certified birth certificate or naturalization certificate.
  • You must have a valid driver’s license issued six months ago.
  • You will need to fill out a DS – 11 new passport applications. Do not sign this yet.
  • You need to get two new US passport photos that meet passport photo requirements. These photos must have been taken in the last six months.
  • You will need to make a payment to the US Dept for either USD 110 or 170 USD for a passport book if you are an adult (over the age of 17). If you are a minor age, the Fee is USD 80 and USD 140 if you would like to expedite your passport.  
  • If you use a private passport expediting service, you will need to provide a travel plan and letter of authorization.

Once you have collected the above six documents, the next step is for the applicant to meet at the local passport acceptance facility, which is usually the local post office.

If the applicant is completed 18 years of age, they can apply on their own. If they are under 16, both parents must go with the applicant. Between those two, only one parent has to go and give permission.

A new adult passport is valid for ten years. Minor Passport is valid for five years.

Minor passport applications:

If a child needs a passport, they must follow the steps above to apply for a new passport apply with the consent of both parents. It occurs up to 17 years of age.

Note: Children / minors are not eligible to renew the passport. Therefore, each time your passport expires, you must follow the same procedure as above to apply for a new passport. This is due to the safety of the child and the verification that all parents agree that the child is eligible to leave the country.

Lost or stolen Passport USA:

If the passport has been issued and is now lost or stolen, whether you are a child or an adult, you will need to re-apply for a new passport. Follow the steps associated with the new passport application with an additional step. For these circumstances, you must report your passport to the US State Department as missing.

There is a DS – 64 report form of a lost or stolen passport used in your application to report a missing passport, prompting you to cancel it and obtain a new US passport. Please note, it is assumed that the passport is not lost because they are important documents. If you get into the habit of losing passports, you may be issued a limited passport in the future or denied one.

Renewal of Adult Passport USA:

If you have an adult ten-year passport, you may be eligible to renew the passport.

Below are the conditions you need to meet to renew your current passport.

  • You were 16 years older when you received your first passport.
  • It is in your legal name, or you have legal documents to support the name change.
  • Your passport was issued 15 years ago.
  • Your passport is undamaged, and you have it.

Bear in mind that you cannot apply for a passport renewal for any child under the age of 16. These passports are not renewable. Similarly, if your passport has been kept for more than 15 years, it cannot be renewed. At this point, it is legal to change your passport.

Passport Application Procedures in Click2Visas:

Our service is very simple and easy. Until your passport service request is fulfilled, we will always be ready to accommodate further queries or a request from your end. We are available in all forms of communication to achieve your goal, i.e., email, chat, and call.

We maintain complete transparency in all our communications. In Click2visas we have experienced passport experts who will provide a quick solution to all your questions.

Apply Now:

Select your Nationality and Citizenship from the widget and click on “Apply Now” to proceed further.

Fill in basic details using our online form:

Sign in Click2Visas, and enter the details, and upload the required documents and submit the request.

Receive a physical docket at your doorway:

Within 2 to 4 days, you will receive a kit from Click2Visas. The Kit from Click2Visas holds:

  • Your passport renewal application form with your photo stapled on it.
  • An envelope addressed to expedited passports via passport facility.

Sign the passport renewal form and make the check or money order ready. Put the form, money orders/checks, and your expired passport in the envelope. Mail it.

Send your request to the State Department:

You have to post it in the nearby USPS mailbox. The process depends on the US government guidelines, and the process usually takes 18 weeks. You can make an extra payment to receive your passport earlier, between 12 weeks.

Receive your passport ASAP and make your journey stress-free.

The Travel of a thousand miles begins with a Single Step. Get ready, happy and safe journey!

This publication is provided for general information purposes only and is not intended to cover every aspect of the topics with which it deals. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content in this publication. Through this blog post you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of FULFILL Holding Pvt limited. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. The information in this publication does not constitute legal, tax or other professional advice from FULFILL Holding Pvt limited or its affiliates. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the publication is accurate, complete or up to date.