Details of visa requirements for Taiwanese citizens
Electronic System for Travel Authorization is United States online program developed by the United States Government to pre-screen travelers before boarding a plane or ship bound to the United States. Any person entering the United States under the Visa Waiver Program will be required to hold an authorized ESTA from 12 January 2009. Application for a US visa would be required for foreign nationals who are not eligible for an ESTA or who have been refused an ESTA.
What is the Visa Waiver Program (VWP)?
The Visa Waiver Program allows individuals from countries involved to travel to the United States as non-immigrants for business, tourism, transit, and medical purposes. Travelers arriving in the U.S. under the Visa Waiver Program visitors can stay up to 90 days per visit and are not required to obtain additional travel authorizations, such as a U.S. visa. Currently, 39 countries are participating in the Visa Waiver Program. Individuals traveling under this program agree to waive their right to review or appeal. Thus, obtaining an approved ESTA does not guarantee the entry of travelers into the United States.
Who can qualify for admission to the Visa Waiver Program?
You may be eligible for entry to the Visa Waiver Program (Visa Waiver Program) where applicable;
- You plan to enter the US for 90 days or less for business, tourism/pleasure, or transit purposes.
- You have the authorization to travel through the Electronic Travel Authorization System.
- You arrive via the signatory air or sea carrier Visa Waiver Program.
- You have got a ticket back or forward
- Your trip may not end in neighbouring regions or islands unless the traveller lives in one of those places.
Is an ESTA like a visa?
No, this is not a visa. It does not comply with the legal or regulatory requirements to serve in place of a U.S. visa whenever a visa is needed under National laws. Individuals holding a valid visa would still be able to travel upon this visa to the United States for the purpose in which it was issued. In addition, people traveling on valid U.S. visas are not allowed to apply for an ESTA.
What are the benefits of ESTA?
- Can be used for multiple entries
- Can be applied via Online desktop or mobile application
- Two years of validity or the date of expiry of the passport, whichever is earlier
- Decisions on ESTA applications are usually made instantaneously
What are the visa requirements for Taiwanese citizens are they eligible for ESTA?
Taiwanese citizens can apply for an ESTA visa waiver to travel to the United States. The ESTA allows Taiwanese people to enter the U.S. for tourism, industry, medical, transportation, and study (short period) purposes without a visa for up to 90 days per entry. Taiwan had also been linked to the Visa Waiver Scheme in 2012. Security measures intended to address the threat of terrorism, however, required travelers to be pre-screened prior to their arrival in the United States.
How long is my ESTA valid?
Unless revoked, travel authorizations shall be valid for two years from the date of authorization or until the date of expiry of your passport, whichever comes first. However, an ESTA may also be revoked or overwritten by the applicant when resubmitting a new ESTA application. Your travel authorization will also be automatically revoked when your passport expires before the end of the two-year period that the travel authorization has been released.
What are the passport requirements for ESTA for Taiwanese nations?
You must have a passport with a machine-readable section on the biographical page.
Your passport should be valid at the time of your ESTA application and at the time of your departure to the United States. When your ESTA approval expires when you are in the U.S., you do not need to apply for a new ESTA but ensure that you do not stay in the country for a minimum of 90 days during your visit. You cannot amend an ESTA permit when in the United States. If your ESTA expires, you must leave the country within 90 days of your passport is stamped at the most recent U.S. border crossing. Visitors wishing to stay in the United States for more than 90 days must receive a visa by visiting the nearest United States. Embassy or Consulate and apply for an effective visa on the basis of their travel status.
You need to have an electronic passport with a chip (the chip contains the biometric data of the passport holder). As of 1 April 2016, all passengers traveling to the US using the ESTA system must hold a passport with an electronic chip, as seen in the photo.
NOTE: you would not be able to apply for an ESTA if you do not have an electronic chip in your passport to enter the U.S. Unless it cannot be ascertained that your passport has an electronic tag, you may be refused to board an inbound U.S. aircraft.
What are the Steps to apply ESTA through the Click2visas.com?
It is quite simple to complete the request. Please follow the below steps carefully:
- Choose the departure and arrival country, select the required visa type, enter your name, and click ‘CLICK TO START.’
- Verify the visa fee and terms and conditions on the next page.
- On the third page, enter your basic details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents (you can upload the documents in a later stage also).
- After that, review and confirm the information of your form, then proceed with the payment. We support all types of cards for payment.
- You will receive the invoice and a confirmation mail with a link in your registered email id.
- Click the link and complete the remaining form (you can also upload the document in this stage) and submit it for processing.
- Once the ESTA is approved, click2visas will send your visa to your email in PDF format.