Can I get same day Passport Renewal in Los Angeles?
Same day passport renewal in LA? But don’t worry about the current pandemic situation! You can get your passport renewed within 72 hours if you fall under certain conditions.
You have options to expedite your passport renewal process. Based on the travel reason and urgency, the State Department offers various services to expedite your passport renewal process.
Los Angeles passport agency is situated at West L.A. Federal Building, 11000 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1000, Los Angeles, CA 90024-3602. You can visit the agency with prior appointments only.
We have collected all expedited passport information from the State Department and Los Angeles agencies. We have taken utmost care to provide you the information in a simplified manner. The below table explains to you what service you can choose as per your travel.
Which Expedited Passport Renewal Service Should I Choose?
Have a look at the table to know details about what expedited passport renewal service you need to choose for your travel.
|Your Travel Date||Reason for Travel||Services||Processing Times||Justify||Next Step|
|Immediate||Life or Death Emergency||Emergency Service||Within 72 hours (3 business days)||1. Life or Death emergency situation. 2. Proof of travel.||Life-or-Death Emergencies service at Acceptance Facility|
|In the next four weeks||Urgent travel but non-emergency||Expedited at an Agency or Centre||Within 72 hours (3 business days)||1. Need to prove travel urgency. 2. Travel proof||Urgent Travel Service at Acceptance Facility|
|In the next 12 weeks||(No reason needed)||Expedited||12 weeks||No extra Proof required||Expedite Renewal by Mail|
|After 18 weeks||(No reason needed)||Routine||18 weeks||No extra Proof required||Renew by Mail|
Life or Death Emergency Expedited Service at Los Angeles Acceptance Facility:
If an immediate family member is seriously ill, died, or injured while abroad, and you need to travel out of the U.S within 72 hours, in such cases, you are eligible for this service.
Immediate family members include parents, grandparents, children, spouses, siblings, legal guardians.
If you are coming under the above eligibility conditions, check how to apply and what requirements are needed for this service.
How to Apply for Life-or-Death Emergency Expedited Service:
- Dial the below number and book an appointment with the Los Angeles passport acceptance facility. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, State Department provides minimal appointments only.
- Working Hours: 1-877-487-2778/ 1-888-874-7793 (TTY/TDD).
- Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Time, except holidays.
- Outside Working Hours: Call 202-647-4000.
- You can also book same day passport service appointment with Los Angeles online. Visit USPS site and book same-day appointment until 2 a.m. Central Time on the day of their choice.
- Visit the center on the appointment date with the following documents.
- Take your passport renewal application along with supporting documents.
- A death certificate, a mortuary statement, or a signed letter from a hospital or medical professional should be carried. All documents must have be written in English or translated into English.
- International travel Proof (itinerary, ticket, reservation).
- After the verifying all your documents, your passport will be renewed within 72 hours.
Urgent Travel Expedited Service at LA Acceptance Facility:
You can apply for this service if you are traveling within the next four weeks, but it’s a non-emergency trip. This may include sudden urgent business travel. Customers traveling internationally within the next 72 hours have minimal appointments only.
How to Apply for Urgent Travel Expedited Service:
- Book the appointment with the Los Angeles acceptance facility by visiting Online Passport Appointment System. Or, ring on 1-877-487-2778 or 1-888-874-7793 to book an appointment.
- Reach the Los Angeles acceptance facility 15 minutes early on the appointment date. Because of COVID-19, you must enter through the outside visitor’s entrance. Don’t forget to wear face covers.
- At the entrance, show your valid government ID. Beverages, food, and Weapons are not allowed in the LA passport facility. You can carry a sealed water bottle if you need it.
- Give your appointment confirmation number at 1st Floor Information Desk, Suite 1000.
- Wait until they call your number.
- Once your number is announced, go to your allotted window.
- Facility staff will review your application and documents. Then, they will discuss the delivery options with you.
Your passport will be renewed within 72 hours. Based on the delivery service you opt for, you will receive your renewed passport.
The West LA Federal Building offers three hours of free visitor parking on the building’s Veteran Avenue side. Please note parking fees are subject to change at any time.
Expedite Renewal by Mail:
If you need to renew your passport within 12 weeks and ready to pay $60 extra, go for this service.
Apply Expedite Renewal by Mail:
Click2Visas provides you with a hassle-free Expedite passport renewal service. You don’t have to spend much time in the renewal process. We provide you customized online renewal form, and you need minimum time to fill it. Our service fee is much lower than other online service providers.
- Raise a passport renewal request with Click2Visas.
- Enter the details.
- Submit the request.
Within 2 to 4 days, you will receive a kit from Click2Visas.
What does the kit from Click2visas hold?
- Your passport renewal application form with your photo stapled on it.
- An envelope addressed to expedited passports Los Angeles passport facility.
Sign the passport renewal form and make the check or money order ready. Put the form, money orders/checks, and your expired passport in the envelope. Mail it.
Send the form to the LA facility via USPS priority mail express. Do not worry about the payment and address. Checks/money order covers your expedited fee.
And the envelope is already addressed to the LA facility. Just post it and wait for the renewed passport. After verifying your application and documents, your passport will be renewed in 12 weeks.
Renew by Mail:
Renew by mail is the same like expedited renewal. The only difference is the amount and the mail service you will use to send your application. Procedures are the same as above.
Once you receive the kit, follow the above steps and send it to the United States Postal Service LA facility. You don’t need to choose express mail; send it in standard USPS service.
After verification, State Department will start to print your renewed passport, and you will get it in 18 weeks. If you have any questions and need further clarification, buzz us anytime. You can find our chat options in the left end corner.
what are the passport services you can avail with Click2visas?
Chargeless USA and Nigeria Passport Services
We offer passport assistance service which provides filling of your passport application forms (either new or re-issuance) without any research from your end.