Guidelines for getting a Russian visa
Many valued travel organizations can now assist you in securing visa assistance or processing your Russian visa. Since visa processing takes time and the demand for visa services has always been strong, businesses can often hardly handle all requests, while visa costs to Russia remain very strong. You have to wait as a result, and then you get nervous and start searching for another visa provider hoping for the best, so click2visas will help you get a Russian visa. We understand how important it is for a consumer to receive accurate and up-to-date information. We care for our customers and strive to provide outstanding service. Once we have received your online visa application for Russia, fast and professional support will be given to you immediately.
Am I in need of a Russian visa?
For nationals of most nations, a Russian visa is required. Nevertheless, with many European, Asian, and South American countries, Russia recently developed a visa-free regime. Please use the Click2visas website to check if the visa-free regime is available in your case.
How long does it take to get my Russian visa?
It takes 3 to 10 business days for Russian consulates located in your home to process visas. Also, a Russian visa issued by European consulates may have a five-day ‘waiting period’ upon entry into Russia, i.e., a person may not be able to travel to Russia for at least five days after issuance of the visa. This rule, however, is enforced sporadically and largely depends on the decree of the local consul.
What are the documents submitting to get a Russian visa?
Your actual signed passport must be issued. Your passport requires:
- Contain at least one empty page for Russia single-entry visa; two blank pages for Russia dual or multiple entry visas. To meet the requirements, amendments and endorsement pages cannot be taken into account.
- Passport should be valid for more than six months beyond the validity of your requested Russian visa.
One color, passport-type photograph that meets the following requirements must be provided:
- Taken and printed on high-quality picture paper during the last three months.
- Taken against an entirely white background.
- The size of the photo should be 2X2 inches.
- With your face focused in the middle and showing a neutral (non-smiling) smile, provide the full-frontal view of your head.
- No eyeglasses or headwear should be worn, except for religious reasons.
- Your picture should not be affixed to your application, and evidence of adhesive tape or staples should not be seen.
Requirements for Minors traveling to Russia:
All minors must provide a copy of his or her birth certificate. There may be other conditions applicable:
- A minor is traveling to Russia with or without one parent. The minor must send an original to notarize the letter of consent granting the non-accompanying parent or legal guardian permission to travel to Russia on the dates stated for the journey.
- Those signing this letter must have copies of the information page of their driver’s license and passport.
- If the minor is adopted and a copy of the birth certificate, you must present a copy of the adoption records.
- If the parents already have a Russian visa, they must have an exact copy of the Russian visa covering the minor’s travel dates.
- If the parents are Russian citizens, certification of Russian citizenship must be given.
Applicants under the Aged of 21:
Travelers under 21 years of age will have to provide:
- A copy of the birth certificate of a traveler.
- Color copies of ID for both parents.
- If passports are not eligible, copies of state-issued driver’s license ID are appropriate along with a declaration that there is no passport for the parent(s).
Additional requirements for tourist purposes:
Russian tourist visa support letter:
To travel to Russia, you must obtain an official Russian tourist visa support letter.
Confirmation of hotel bookings from an authorized Russian travel company, or directly from the Russian hotel, showing reference number and confirmation number for the hotel reservation.
Additional requirements for business purposes:
Business Invitation Letter:
Official invitation to invite business visitors to Russia from an organization approved.
The Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Federal Migration Service are handling company invitations to Russia. A business visa can also be obtained by nationals of several countries using an approved Russian company’s invitation. The letter must include: the official seal and the legal address of the organization, the signature, and the name of the official approved to invite foreign nationals to Russia. The Embassy retains the right to have the initial invitation sought.
More-than one entry:
An HIV test is required for stays of more than three months or multiple entry Russian visa.
How to apply for a Russian visa?
It is quite simple to complete the request. Please follow the below steps carefully:
1. Choose the departure and arrival country, select the required visa type, enter your name, and click ‘CLICK TO START.’
2. Verify the visa fee and terms and conditions on the next page.
3. On the third page, enter your basic details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents (you can upload the documents in a later stage).
4. After that, review and confirm your form’s information, then proceed with the payment. We support all types of cards for payment.
5. You will receive the invoice and a confirmation mail with a link in your registered email id.
6. Click the link and complete the remaining Russian visa form (you can also upload the document in this stage) and submit it for processing.
7. Once the visa process completed, click2visas will send your visa related documents to your email.
8. Based on your Consulate’s application procedure, you can submit and collect the visa application by visit or Mail. The Consulate will notify you about the decision made to your application.
May I fly all over Russia once I am given a visa?
Yes, usually. A visa to the country will be given to you, not to any particular locations. You have the right to change your original itinerary and move elsewhere in Russia. However, areas and regions in Russia to which foreigners have restricted access. Please include your actual itinerary when applying online. If our operators figure out that you might not visit one of the specified locations upon reviewing your application, you will be notified before your credit card is charged.
How long will I be able to stay in Russia, and a visa can be extended?
- Your visa will be provided for the duration covered by your invitation, irrespective of the date you provided the visa and the date you entered Russia. You cannot enter or overstay your visa sooner, but you can enter or leave the country later than initially intended.
- A tourist visa usually is available for up to 30 days. However, some European consulates only have a tourist visa for up to 14 days. Your application will be reviewed extra closely if you intend to obtain a long-term tourist visa, and you may be asked for a hotel payment confirmation along with an invitation. Consulates in North America and Australia usually grant tourist visas for 30 days without complications.
- For 1, 3, 6, or 12 months, a business visa may be issued. A multiple entry visa of 6 or 12 months is usually only available for individuals previously issued with a Russian visa. You are entitled to get a single or double entry visa for 1 to 3 months if this is your first visit.
- Please note that multiple-entry business visas enable citizens of all countries, except the United States, to remain in Russia for up to 90 days out of 180 days.
- A choice is to use business visas for three months and change them as appropriate. Holders of US passports will remain in Russia for up to 180 days in a row.