What does a Russian citizen need to visit the US?
Under the USA visa policy, Russian citizens can not travel to the USA for business or tourism purposes unless they apply for a US B1 / B2 visa. The online application for this document is not possible for you, but when you go to the embassy for your interview, Click2visas can facilitate the process of getting the confirmation page you need to have. Once your request is processed, Click2visas will even set a date for your interview at the nearest US embassy. The B-1 / B-2 visitor visa is for individuals who temporarily travel to the USA for business (B-1) or to the United States for tourism or medical care (B-2). The B-1 and B-2 visas are combined and issued as one visa in most cases: the B-1 / B-2.
Overview of B1/B2 visas:
The B-1 / B-2 visitor visa is for individuals traveling temporarily for business (B-1) or for pleasure or medical treatment (B-2) to the United States. The B-1 visa is generally for travelers consulting with business associates, attending conferences/Seminars, scientific, educational, and professional or business conventions, settling an estate, or negotiating contracts. B-2 leisure travel visas, including tourism, visits to friends and family, medical care, and fraternal, educational, or service activities. The B-1 and B-2 visas are often merged and issued as one visa: the B-1 / B-2 visa.
To be qualified, What does a Russian citizen need to visit the US?
If you are applying for the B-1/B-2 visa, you must show a consular officer that you qualify in accordance with the US for a US visa. Act (INA) on Immigration and Nationality. The INA presumes in section 214(b) that every B-1/B-2 applicant is an intended immigrant. This legal presumption you must overcome by demonstrating:
- Your trip to the United States is intended for a temporary visit, such as company, pleasure, or medical treatment.
- You intend to stay for a specific, limited period of time in the United States.
- Proof of funds to cover your costs while in the United States.
- That you have a place-of-residence outside the United States, as well as other binding social or economic ties, that at the end of your visit will ensure your return abroad.
- Under certain circumstances, domestic or personal workers and crew members working aboard vessels within the Outer Continental Shelf may qualify for B-1 visas.
What does a Russian citizen need to visit the US and the required documents?
You must submit the following if you apply for a business/tourist visa:
- Electronic Application for a Non-immigrant Visa (DS-160) Form. For more details about the DS-160, visit the Click2visas webpage.
- A valid passport for travel to the United States with a validity period of at least six months after your intended period of stay in the United States (unless exemptions are provided by country-specific agreements). If more than (1) one person is included in your passport, an application must be submitted by each person who desires a visa.
- You must submit an interview appointment letter in addition to these items, confirming that you booked an appointment through this service. What-ever supporting documents you think to support the information provided to the consular officer, you may also bring them.
In your interview, supporting documents are only one of many factors that a consular officer will consider. Consular officers look individually at each application and consider social, cultural, professional, and other variables during adjudication. Within your country-of-residence, the consular officers look at your clear motives, family situation, and your long-range plans and prospects.
For your interview, you should bring the following documents. Original documents over photocopies are always recommended, and you must bring these documents to the interview with you. Do not send any supporting documents to the US by fax, email, or mail.
- Current proof of revenue, tax payments, ownership of property/business, or assets.
- Your itinerary for your trip, or other information about your planned trip.
- A letter from your employer detailed your position, salary slips, how long you have been employed, any vacation permitted, and the business purpose of your trip to the United States, if any.
- Criminal and court records of any arrest or conviction anywhere, even if your sentence has been completed or later pardoned.
In addition, you should consider bringing the following on the basis of your travel intent:
Bring your latest outcomes, transcripts, and degrees/diplomas from your school. They also provide proof of financial support, such as monthly bank statements, fixed deposit slips, and proof of your current college or university enrolment.
Adults at work:
Bring your employer’s letter of employment and payslips from the last three months.
Company guests and executives of the company:
Bring proof of your position and remuneration in the firm.
To visit a relative:
Bring photo-copies of the proof of status of your relative (e.g., naturalization certificate, Green Card, valid visa, etc.) and a letter (or scanned and faxed copy) describing your relationship and details of your proposed trip from friends or relatives in the United States.
Previous visitors to the USA:
Any paperwork is attesting to your immigration or visa status if you were previously in the United States.
For applicants receiving medical attention, supporting documentation:
- If you wish to travel to the United States for medical care, you should be prepared to send, in addition to the above-mentioned documents, the following documentation and those requested by the consular officer:
- A local doctor’s medical report outlines the essence of your condition and the reason you need care in the United States.
- A letter from a US doctor or medical facility expressing a willingness to treat this particular condition and outlining the estimated duration and cost of care (including doctor’s costs, hospitalization costs, and other medical expenses).
- A financial obligation statement from the persons or entity paying for your housing, medical, and living costs. Individuals promising payment of such costs, often in the form of a bank or other income/savings statements or approved copies of income tax returns, must provide evidence of their ability to do so.
What does a Russian citizen need to visit the US and how to apply for the visa?
It is quite simple to complete the request. Please follow the below steps carefully:
1. Choose the departure and arrival country, select the required visa type, enter your name, and click ‘CLICK TO START.’
2. Verify the visa fee and terms and conditions on the next page.
3. On the third page, enter your basic details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents (you can upload the documents in a later stage also).
4. After that, review and confirm the information of your form, then proceed with the payment. We support all types of cards for payment.
5. You will receive the invoice and a confirmation mail with a link in your registered email id.
6. Click the link and complete the remaining form (you can also upload the document in this stage) and submit it for processing.
7. Once the visa process completed, click2visas will send your visa related documents to your email.
8. Based on your Consulate’s application procedure, you can submit and collect the visa application by visit or mail. You will be notified by the Consulate about the decision made to your application.