Passport Renewal in Hawaii
Are you looking for passport renewal in Hawaii? Did you know you don’t have to visit any Hawaii facility to renew your passport? With a few steps, you can apply for your passport renewal from your home via Click2Visas. Keep reading this blog; we will tell you how to do that.
Recently Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued travel guidelines. As per recent guidelines, if you are fully vaccinated and plan to travel within the US, you don’t have to take the COVID-19 test before travel.
The same Guideline goes for international travel also. If you are wholly vaccinated and plan to travel internationally, you do not have to get a COVID-19 test before departure unless the international destination requires it. Both international and domestic travel is expected to get picked up in the upcoming days.
Current Operation Status of Hawaii Passport Acceptance Facilities:
Usually, in Hawaii, passport acceptance facilities are located at the local post office, courthouse, public library, or government facility. Moreover, all the facilities are not offering all passport services.
For example, Hawaii State public library is one of the passport acceptance facilities that offer passport service to Hawaii people. However, they will only accept an application for the first time US passport or fresh passport. They don’t accept passport renewal application DS-82.
Furthermore, the public library has suspended its passport service until further notice due to COVID-19 pandemic restrictions. Like a public library, many Hawaii passport facilities have temporarily paused their passport service.
The Hawaii State government recently permitted a few passport acceptance facilities to start the fresh US passport service to clear the backlog. This doesn’t mean that you can’t apply for a passport renewal in Hawaii. You can apply for your passport renewal right now from your home.
Eligibility for Passport Renewal in Hawaii:
The US State Government issued some eligibility criteria to renew a passport by mail. Please read and answer the below question. If you answer ‘Yes’ to all the below questions, you can apply for passport renewal by mail.
If you answer ‘No’ to any one of the below questions, you can not apply for renewal by mail. Instead, it would help if you visited the nearest Hawaii passport acceptance facility in person.
- Do you have your passport with you to submit with your application?
- Is your passport undamaged other than normal tear?
- Did you receive your passport when you were 16 or older?
- Are you sure that the passport was issued within the last 15 years?
- Does the passport hold your current name?
If your answer is ‘yes’ to all the above, the passport renewal process is easy for you. You can renew your passport without visiting any passport acceptance facility, and you can avoid much paperwork. Follow the below steps and apply for passport renewal from your home.
Passport Renewal Process in Hawaii:
A US passport with a validity period of at least six months is essential for international travel. Now, many countries demand mandatory six months of passport validity during your journey. Plan your passport renewal before nine months of your current expiry date.
Click2Visas will provide you an easy and time-saving solution for your passport renewal process. After renewing your passport, you might want a visa to your dream destination. Click2visas offers visa service to US people. You can book your visa to your dream destination here.
Follow the below steps and renew your passport on time and enjoy your travel.
1. Raise a Passport Renewal Request:Visit Click2Visas, sign up for an account, and choose passport renewal service. Choose your resident country, citizenship, and click start. You can still raise the passport request by skipping the sign-up for an account.
2. Fill in the Details and Upload the Documents: On the next page, fill in your basics details. Our forms are not long. It is simple, customized, and user-friendly.
Customized and User-friendly form: To reduce the long process and application filling time, we have researched and developed a customized short form. You just need to give us few details and the rest we will take care of.
Based on your input, you can find the needed document list at the bottom of the same page. Upload the mentioned documents and click next.
3. Pay the Passport Renewal Fee online: On the next page, you can get your passport renewal fee total, click pay now and pay your passport renewal fee.
Payment Mode: Don’t worry about payment mode and the card type. We accept all types of cards.
10 Times Lesser Fee: We usually charge less service fees when compared to other service providers in the market. Check our service fee by visiting our passport service page.
Timely Response: After payment, our system sends the invoice to your mail-id and requests confirmation. Besides, we send status update mail and update your passport renewal request status.
We have a fantastic chat service available 24X7. You can ping us anytime. We are happy to clear your queries.
4. Receive a Kit:After one or two days, you will receive a kit from Click2visas. Open the kit, and inside the kit, you will find,
- Your printed, filled passport renewal application form.
- Money order payable to ‘US Department of State’ or check.
- An envelope addressed to the passport acceptance facility.
5. Sign the Form and Staple your Photo: Mention the date and sign your passport renewal form. Staple your recent photograph to the application.
Use four staples vertically in the corners as close as possible to the outer edges. Please do not fold your photograph. Make sure your photo satisfies all the requirements.
6. Mail your passport renewal Application: Post the envelope via USPS (United States Postal Service). Do not use DHL, UPS, or FedEx since the mailing address for your Form DS-82 and supporting documents is a Post Office (PO) Box.
USPS Priority Mail Express: To Expedite the passport renewal process, send the envelope via USPS Priority Mail Express service. And label “EXPEDITE” on the outside of the envelope.
Ask the USPS to send your DS-82 form via a trackable delivery method.
Fee and Processing Time:
As the process part is over, the next thing that comes to our mind is, what is the passport renewal fee in Hawaii?
You have two options in renewal processing time. Based on your choice passport renewal fee may vary. The details are given below,
Standard Process: Usually, US State Department takes 10 to 12 weeks to process your passport renewal application. And the fee for routine processing is $110.
Expedited Process: If you want to expedite the passport renewal process, you can opt for expedited passport service and get your application processed within 4 to 10 weeks. But you need to pay an additional $60 for expedited service. The total Passport renewal fee would be $170.
72 Hours Passport Renewal Service: In Life-or-Death Emergency or non-emergency but critical business travel situations, you can request 72 hours passport renewal process.
In this process, you need to submit emergency or essential business travel proof and flight itinerary. Moreover, you cannot apply for this service via mail.
- For this process, you need to fill and submit the DS-11 form, not DS-82, for US passport renewal.
- First, check which nearest passport acceptance facility offers an emergency renewal service.
- If you are near Honolulu Airport, check with the Airport Post office at 3595 North Nimitz Highway; they offer an appointment for passport service.
- Book an appointment with them. Usually, these acceptance facilities provide limited appointments only.
- Visit the facility on the appointment date and submit the documents.
Documents you need for US Passport Renewal in Hawaii:
To renew your passport, you need to send some documents to US state Department,
- Signed passport renewal application form with a recent photo stapled.
- Your undamaged current passport.
- If you want to do name changes in the renewed passport, send a certified photocopy of name change proof, like
- Marriage certificate
- Court order regarding name change
- Divorce certificate, etc.
Security Standards of Click2Visas:
We’ve been providing visa assistance for the past five years. We never compromise our security standards. We have implemented high-level security standards in our system. Our payment gateways are highly secured.
We have a well-defined security policy that protects the privacy of our customers. We never store your card details, and we never reveal your details to any third party. It is end-end encrypted.
Many customers around the globe have joined us in the last five years. We have provided visa-related services to them. Recently we have expanded our services and started a passport renewal service for US citizens.
Raise a US passport renewal request with us. Please submit a request for a US passport renewal to us. Leave the rest to us.