A Complete Guide to Indian visa application form
You must submit the online Indian visa application form no later than four days before departure for India and no earlier than 120 days before the arrival date for India. You may apply for a Traditional Indian Visa for up to several months before your travel date.
Indian E-Visa is valid only for travelers landing at 28 international airports: and five shipping ports, Ahmedabad, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Amritsar, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Calicut, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Goa, Kolkata, Lucknow, Jaipur, Mangalore, Madurai, Nagpur, Pune, Mumbai, Portblair, Tiruchirapalli, Vishakhapatnam, Trivandrum, and Varanasi.
You must apply for a traditional Indian stamped visa if you arrive from any other entry port.
What are the types of Indian E-visa?
The Indian government provides two types of visas: an e-Visa (electronic visa) and a traditional passport-stamped visa.
The Indian e-Tourist or e-Business visa will be processed, issued electronically, and emailed to you. Upon arrival in India, the traveler will need biometric information to be taken at the airport, and their passport will be stamped with the actual traditional visa.
For what reason does India issue E-visas for travel?
The E-Tourist Visa is a tourist, recreation, visiting friends or relatives, sight-seeing, and short-term yoga program for international travelers who have the purpose of visiting India.
The E-Business Visa is intended for foreign travelers visiting India for Business Meetings, Setting up Business projects, Marketing, Purchasing, Trading, Recruiting Manpower, Attended Exhibitions and Trade Fairs, and Lectures under the Global Academic Networks Initiative (GIAN).
The E-Medical Visa is for foreign travelers who are seeking short-term medical care to visit India.
The E-Conference Visa is only be applied for if you are attending a government-funded conference, privately sponsored or hosted conferences are not eligible for an e-conference visa; you have to apply for a conventional stamped visa.
Who are qualified for an Indian E-visa?
The facility is eligible for more than 180 countries. If the Indian visa application form doesn’t mention your nationality, to know your eligibility for applying for an Indian e-visa, use our click2visas widget. The e-visa process is entirely online. Which is fast, quick, and also saves valuable time.
How long does an Indian E-visa take to obtain?
It can take two or four days to get your Indian visa application form approved, depending on your nationality and the type of visa you’ve selected. The Indian government’s appointed officers will check the Indian visa application form you submitted and the supporting documentation.
The officers will ask you to provide additional documents if they are not satisfied at any point in the verification process. Keep checking your email frequently to avoid missing any essential Indian government correspondence.
How many days is an E-visa valid in India?
Tourist Indian E-Visa: Has three (3) different validities and many potential entries to India to select from, allowing foreigners to have more flexibility.
- A double-entry visa is valid for a stay of up to 30 days from the date of issue.
- A multiple-entry visa is valid for one year from the issue date for stays up to 180 days per entry.
- A 5-year multiple entry visa from the date of issue for stays up to 180 days per entry.
Indian visa application form to tourism electronically is straightforward and does not require a copy of this online order form to submit your physical passport to Click2visas.
Business Indian E-Visa: is valid for multiple entries, for up to 180 days per entry for one year from the issue date. Registration for this online order form is effortless and does not require submitting your actual passport to Click2visas, only a copy of it.
Medical Indian E-Visa is valid for 60 days from the issuance date and is eligible for Triple entry.
Conference Indian E-Visa: has a validity of 30 days from the issue date and is only available for one single entry.
If you attend a government-funded meeting, privately funded, or hosted conferences, you do not qualify for an e-conference visa. You will apply for a standard stamped visa can an e-conference visa be applied for.
What is the process for the Indian visa application form?
The Indian visa application form is quite simple to complete the request. Please follow the below steps carefully:
1. Choose the departure and arrival country, select the required visa type, enter your name, and click ‘CLICK TO START.’
2. Verify the visa fee and terms and conditions on the next page.
3. On the third page, enter your basic details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents (you can upload the documents later also).
4. After that, review and confirm the information of your Indian visa application form, then proceed with the payment. We support all types of cards for payment.
5. You will receive the invoice and a confirmation mail with a link in your registered email id.
6. Click the link and complete the remaining form (you can also upload the document at this stage), and submit it for processing.
7. Once the e-Visa is approved, click2visas will send your visa to your email in PDF format.
What are the documents needed to apply for an Indian E-visa?
- Your passport must’ve been valid at least six months from the date of arrival.
- Your passport has to be stamped by the immigration officer on at least two blank pages.
- You need a recent photograph of your passport to accompany your Indian Visa application form.
- You need a return ticket or travel pass and enough money to spend on your Indian stay.
- Foreign nationals arriving from the countries affected by Yellow Fever must carry their Yellow Fever Vaccination Card. Otherwise, you may be quarantined in India for six days upon the arrival.
- Invitation letter and copy of the business card for the Business E-Visa
- In the case of medical E-Visa, a letter from an Indian Hospital.
Need a visa for children or infants?
No matter the age, all applicants will complete a separate Indian visa application form to enter India.
I already have an E-visa valid for India. Can I apply for a second one?
No. You can get only one Indian visa at a time.
May I extend my stay in India when I am in India?
No. An E-Visa is non-extendable, non-convertible, and not valid for visiting Protected / Restricted and Cantonment areas. When you visit Protected / Restricted / Cantonment zones, the Civil Authority will request prior authorization.
What should I do if I make an error in my Indian Visa application form?
If you made an error with the Indian visa application form, please immediately contact one of our customer support representatives. We’ll be able to support you 24/7. If we’ve already submitted your Indian visa application form, you’re not going to be allowed to make any changes, so you’ll have to apply again.
Is using Click2Visas secure to access my Indian E-Visa?
With CLICK2VISAS, your private details are more protected as we give you complete protection for your records, anonymity, and we invest a lot in our server protection.
What are the India visas you can apply with Click2Visas?
Apply E-Medical Attendant Visa to India
E-Medical Attendant Visa is a valid traveler permit to enter and stay in a India for a period of time, which predetermined for Medical Attendant trips.
Apply Business E-visa to India
Business E-Visa is an authorization document for eligible nationals to enter India to involve in Business, Conference, and Investment related activities.
Tourist E-Visa is a valid traveler permit to enter and stay in a India for a period of time, which predetermined for tourism and Holiday purposes.
E-Medical Visa is travel authority for a visitor to enter India. This is primarily for Medical treatments, or other Health related treatments.