Rules to get an Australia ETA
The ETA system was introduced in 1996, granting travel authorization to Australia and is connected electronically to your passport. The Government of Australia offers an ETA visa for foreign nationals seeking short-term stays for tourism and business activities. When checking in for your Australian-bound flight at the airport, the check-in staff will confirm you have the permission to access the flight to Australia by electronic means. The Australian ETA is open to people from more than 50 countries. The ETA is an electronically registered authority for short-term tourist or business visits to Australia, and applicants outside Australia. It replaces a passport visa mark or stamp and eliminates travelers’ need to visit an Australian Embassy.
Can I apply for an Australia ETA online?
You should carry a passport from one of the countries below to request an Australia ETA online
- Brunei Darussalam
- Hong Kong (SAR PRC)
- Korea, Rep of (STH)
- United States
If you are not eligible to apply for an ETA online, you might be
able to apply to an Australian visa office via a travel agency, airline either.
How long will I spend on an ETA in Australia?
You can stay for a maximum of three months each time you visit Australia.
After your ETA has been issued, you can enter and leave Australia as many times as you need over 12 months, from the date the Australia ETA is issued or until your passport’s expiry date, whichever is earlier.
I schedule a more than three-month holiday in Australia. What is it that I should do?
With an Australia eta, you can join and leave Australia as many times as you need over 12 months. However, if you can’t leave after three months or have a particular condition, you’ll need to apply for a visa that allows you to stay longer in Australia.
How long does it take for my Australia ETA to process?
An Australian ETA Visa application may take less than one day. Some applications can need additional processing. If your application is not immediately accepted, check back in 12 hours to confirm if your application is approved.
How does Australia eta work?
The Australia eta allows the holder to fly to Australia as many times as needed in the period of validity one year after issuance. Per visit has a maximum duration of 90 days per entry. Your ETA visa is connected to your passport number electronically. Your passport has no stamp or marking on it.
What do I have to apply for an Australia Eta?
To submit your application, we need the following.
- A valid national passport
- A credit/debit card and a confirmation email address.
Do I need an Australia ETA for my children traveling with me?
Yes. All who travel must get an Australia ETA before departure, regardless of age.
An individual has to submit a separate application. If your child or children are connected to your passport, individual applications must still be sent.
What is the fee for Australia eta?
An applicant needs to pay 20 USD forAustralia eta.
Are there any restrictions for Australia eta?
Yes, you can’t apply for an Australia eta, if
- You want to work in Australia.
- Your stay period is greater than three months per visit.
- You have tuberculosis (TB).
- You have any criminal convictions.
I am also an Australian citizen who has citizenship in other countries. Do I need an Australia eta?
Australian citizens are entitled to automatic entry and do
not need a visa or an Australia ETA to enter Australia.
Do I need to apply for an Australia ETA if I am going through Australia?
If you leave or arrive within 8 hours, have confirmation of your reservation documentation, and stay in the transit lounge, you will not need an Australia ETA. A transit visa may, however, be required for certain nationalities.
Can I apply for a new one if I already have a valid Australia eta?
Until that actual Australia ETA expires, a new ETA cannot be obtained using the same passport. If you lose the passport containing the actual and valid ETA, you can apply for a fresh ETA by paying the corresponding fee again.
Do I need to enter Australia on the exact date specified on my ETA?
You don’t. Your ETA’s validity period starts from the date set out in your approved Australia ETA. Within this validity period, you can enter Australia on any date.
What conditions apply to my ETA?
It’s your responsibility to know what you’re allowed to do with your visa while in Australia. But when your ETA has been granted, you will be able to enter and leave Australia as many times as you need for a period of 12 months. From the date your passport is granted to the ETA, or until the expiry date, whichever is earlier.
- For each visit, you can stay up to three months in Australia.
- If you visit Australia for study purposes under Australia ETA, you are not allowed to study for more than three months.
- You’ve got to be free from tuberculosis.
What are the Steps to apply Australia eta through Click2visas?
It is quite simple to complete the request. Please follow the below steps carefully:
- Choose the departure and arrival country, select the required visa type, enter your name, and click ‘CLICK TO START.’
- Verify the visa fee and terms and conditions on the next page.
- On the third page, enter your basic details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents (you can upload the documents in a later stage also).
- After that, review and confirm the information of your form, then proceed with the payment. We support all types of cards for payment.
- You will receive the invoice and a confirmation mail with a link in your registered email id.
- Click the link and complete the remaining Australia Eta form (you can also upload the document in this stage) and submit it for processing.
- Once the evisa is approved, click2visas will send your visa to your email in PDF format.