A Detailed review an Argentina Visa
You will need to apply for an Argentina visa to enter Argentina – unless you are from a country exempt from visas. Argentina is South America’s southernmost region and one of the world’s largest countries, covering more than 1 million square miles. It has a relatively diverse climate because of its large scale, which provides a little bit for everyone. On the cold subantarctic, the far south are ski resorts and glaciers, as well as the deserts and jungles in the subtropical north. And in between, there are beautiful cities rich in culture and beautiful architecture, such as Buenos Aires or La Plata.
Do I need a visa to go to Argentina?
There are 87 (eighty-seven) countries considered to be “visa-free,” meaning their citizens can visit Argentina for up to 90 days with a potential 90-day extension, all without a visa requirement. Check out our Click2visas widget to see if you need a visa to travel to Argentina.
What is Argentina visa Types?
They are Short-term visas, Long-term visas, Transit visas, and ETA visas:
Argentina Short-term visas:
Argentina Tourist visa, issued to foreigners entering the country for travel or other recreational purposes.
Argentina’s Business visa is given to foreigners for reasons related to their job entering the country.
Argentina Medical Care visa, given in an Argentine health institution to foreigners who need to enter Argentina to obtain medical treatment.
Argentina Media and Journalist visa, issued for the work of members of the media who travel to Argentina.
Argentina Religious visa, For travelers who are members of the formally recognized religious order of Argentina and operate for religious reasons.
Argentina Long-term visas:
As the name suggests, Argentina’s long-term (Residence) visas are issued to foreigners who wish to establish Argentina’s residence. The most common types of residency visas for Argentina are:
Argentina Work visa, given to foreigners who have sought jobs in Argentina and received a work permit. Your boss arranges a work permit for you on your behalf.
Argentina Family visa, given to foreigners who wish to enter a nearby family member who is an Argentinian citizen or permanent resident.
Argentina Investment visa, given to foreigners who invest a large amount of money in an operation, trade, or service in Argentina (around 1.5 million Argentine Pesos).
Argentina’s Retirement visa, given to foreigners wishing to retire in Argentina and support themselves financially without jobs. They are expected to have a monthly pension income of at least 30,000 Argentine Pesos.
Transit visas for Argentina:
Argentina’s Transit Visa is given to foreign nationals who will enter Argentina’s territory to make their way to a third country. Argentina Transit Visa is valid for ten days. The visa may be extended at the Direccion National de Migraciones, in extraordinary circumstances. Travelers who change planes at an Argentine airport but do not leave the transit area and their stay is less than 12 hours do not need a transit visa.
Suppose you are eligible for ETA from Argentina, click2visas help to apply for ETA visas. You will need to attach electronic files of your passport’s scanned pages and pay online the ETA visa fee. If approved, you will receive an electronic visa, which you must print when you travel to Argentina and bring along. The ETA is valid for three (3) months and allows multiple country entries.
What are the documents required for Argentina Visa?
You need to obtain several supporting documents while applying for a visa to Argentina. Depending on the intent of the voyage, the documents you send alter. The basic set of documents for all visa applicants in Argentina, however, includes:
- Passport yours. The passport must be valid for a minimum of another six months, starting from the date you decide to leave Argentina. It must have at least two pages that are which are blank.
- Photocopies of your passport (and previous passports if required) showing your details and any prior and current visas.
- Your images with the following specifications: Dimension: 4 cm x 4 cm, Background: White, Coloured, Recently adopted, the facial function is neutral.
- Tickets for the return flight or travel itinerary.
- A proof that you are staying in Argentina.
- Proof of sufficient financial resources to cover the period of your stay, such as through bank statements.
- Evidence of Visa fee charged to Argentina.
- For minors: Parent(s) or legal guardian(s) travel permit, authorized by an Apostille or Argentina consulate or Embassy.
Argentina Tourist visa Requirements:
- Evidence of hotel booking. Suppose you are staying with a member of your family or friends, including an invitation letter from your host. The letter must be approved and licensed by a Notary and accompanied by the host’s ID.
- Documents on your job status: If you are employed: your employer’s letter confirming your work and describing your company role, how long you will be absent, and your salary slip. If you are a student: the letter from your school confirming your registration, your course details, and how long you will be absent. If you are self-employed: official registration of your company, or proof of tax returns.
Argentina Business visa Requirements:
In addition to the above documents, when you travel to Argentina for business, you will need the following documents:
- Invitation letter from Argentina business, in original and copy
- Letter from the employer saying you are on a business trip, as well as specifics of your job in the company
What is the process for an Argentina visa?
It is quite simple to complete the request. Please follow the below steps carefully:
- Choose the departure and arrival country, select the required visa type, enter your name, and click ‘CLICK TO START.’
- Verify the visa fee and terms and conditions on the next page.
- On the third page, enter your basic details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents (you can upload the documents in a later stage also).
- After that, review and confirmed the information of your application form, then proceed with the payment. We support all types of cards for payment.
- You will receive the invoice and a confirmation mail with a link in your registered email id.
- Click the link and complete the remaining form (you can also upload the document in this stage) and submit it for processing.
- Once the e-visa is approved, click2visas will send your visa to your email in PDF format.
For Normal visas:
- Once the visa process completed, click2visas will send your visa related documents to your email.
- The visa application may be submitted and received by visit or mail, depending on your consulate’s approval process. The consulate will inform you of the decision in respect of your application.
How long does Argentina take to process a visa?
The processing time for a visa to Argentina is mainly dependent on the specific Embassy or consulate you apply to. Some consulates promise the visa will be processed in as little as a week, while others will take longer. However, it is advisable to apply for a visa to Argentina at least 45 days before you plan to travel.
How long does an Argentina visa last?
An Argentina visa is valid for three (3) months and allows the country to enter several times. You can stay up to 90 days within the country. For long-term (work or study) purposes, if you want to be permitted to stay for more than 90 days, you must get a residency permit upon arrival.
Can you extend your visa to Argentina?
Yes, you could. You must apply at the immigration office in Buenos Aires (Direccion Nacional de Migraciones) and pay the required extension fee to receive your Argentina visa extension for another 90 days.