USA visa for Romanian Residents in the UK
The USA and Romania formed a partnership more than 135 years ago. This is deeply grounded, and many Romanians visit the USA for tourism or business from the UK with their UK resident permit.
It can be challenging to receive a US visa from a country other than your own. This is because US immigration law thinks you want to immigrate to the US, and you must contradict this notion by demonstrating an excellent bond to another country.
You must request your USA visa well ahead, and we suggest you to not purchase any non-refundable tickets until your visa gets approved. Click2Visas explains the below new guidelines to clarify what you will need to do if you apply from the UK.
Let’s see how to apply for a USA visa from the UK and all the procedures in detail. If you are sure about how to apply, then the chances of getting a USA visa are very high.
Please remember, due to Covid, travel restrictions or Embassy rules may change at any time. Kindly contact Click2visas before you apply.
Does a Romanian citizen need a visa to visit the USA?
Romanian nationals are currently ineligible to travel under the Visa Waiver Program or apply for an ESTA online visa. They must apply for a non-immigrant visa to the United States from the UK.
- B-2 visitor visas are non-immigrant visas for people visiting the United States for tourism, pleasure, or business.
- B-1 visas are non-immigrant visas for individuals traveling to the United States temporarily to interact in commercial or professional activities such as contract negotiation, consultation with business associates, litigation. Also for participation in scientific, educational, professional, or business conventions, conferences, or seminars, as well as other legitimate commercial or professional actions.
- B1/B2 USA visa is valid for 10 years and stays period as 6 months. Border officers also decide this case by case. It is a multiple entry visa and costs USD 160 or 121.60 GBP.
Romania is also optimistic that it can join the Visa Waiver Program in the future. US government looks predominantly at the country’s domestic economy and political stability to finalize whether their nationals can travel to the USA without a visa. Romania has one of Europe’s fastest-growing economies. Let’s hope for the best.
Where can Romanians apply for a USA visa from the UK?
The US Embassy in London or the Consulate General in Belfast issues Non-immigrant visas.
If you reside in England, Scotland, or Wales, you should apply to the US Embassy in London.
- If you are in Northern Ireland, you should apply to the Consulate General in Belfast.
How can Romanians apply for a USA visa in the UK?
Applicants between 14 and 79 must appear in person at a prearranged interview to apply for a visa. Visa applicants under 14 or over the age of 80 may be eligible to apply by courier.
You must follow the below two steps:
- Step 1: All visa applicants must fill out and print the online DS-160 and the confirmation page regardless of age. Answer the questions as accurately as possible.
- Step 2: We need to visit “https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb” to pay the MRV visa application fee and schedule an interview or gain information on applying for the visa by courier.
Click2Visas will assist you to:
Complete the DS-160 formà Pay the fee à Get an appointment at the Embassy.
What are the required documents for a USA visa?
You must bring the below forms and documents in support of your USA visa application:
- DS-160 form confirmation Page – At the Embassy, you must present a printout of your DS-160 confirmation page (the barcode page). Click2Visas will send this to your given email address.
- Color photograph – One recent 5 x 5 cm (2″ by 2″) color photograph. We explain the photo requirements below in detail.
- Confirmation page of the Appointment – Click2Visas will send this to your given email address.
- Valid Romanian passport – Multiple pages are required in your passport or travel document. Visas in the United States are printed into a passport or travel document rather than a separate document or card. So, one blank page is needed for a visa to be stamped.
Before applying for a visa if your passport is spoiled, you must get yourself a new one in order to avoid visa delays.
- Proof of UK status – Need to have the UK resident Permit.
- Previously issued US visas (If Applicable) – If you are no longer in the custody of the passport(s) containing the visas, please notify the consular officer during your interview, or include a statement with your application if applying by courier.
- Medical Condition Letter (If Applicable) – If you have a medical condition that may affect your visa eligibility, bring a letter from your doctor outlining your current state of health.
- Criminal Record (If Applicable) – If you have ever been arrested, convicted, or cautioned (regardless of when, where, or why), you must declare it and bring additional documentation to your visa interview. You should also bring documentation if you have overstayed in the United States, been denied entry, or been deported from the country.
- Sufficient Fund – You’ll need enough money to cover all of your expenses while in the US. If you cannot cover all of the costs of your trip, you may present proof that another person will take care of some or all of the costs.
- Residence details – You have a residence abroad that you plan to return to. You may be able to prove the reason of your trip and your intention to return resident country by providing evidence of your career and/or family ties.
- Minor documents – Birth Certificate, which is listing parent’s names, Resident Permit copy of the parents, and other mentioned documents above.
- Letter from Employer (If Business Trip) – If you are attending a business meeting, you must provide proof of your intended business tasks in the United States, such as a letter from your employer.
An applicant’s residency and connections abroad determines whether they qualify for a USA visa application, rather than guarantees from US family and friends. An invitation letter from the USA or an Affidavit of Support is not required to request a visitor visa. If you decide to bring a letter of invitation or an Affidavit of Support to your interview, please keep in mind that it is not one of the factors considered in deciding whether to issue or deny the visa.
- Pose and Expression – You need to face the camera directly and your head centered. Your eyes should be open and your mouth closed with a neutral expression.
- Photo Size – Your head should measure between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inch, or 22 mm and 35 mm or between 50% and 69% of the image’s total height. JPEG image and no larger than 240 KB.
- Photo Quality – Photo should have a white or off-white background, accurately reflect the skin tones, and must be in focus. You should not scan any photos.
- Photo Appearance – No Selfies, No hat, helmet, or uniform. No digitally altered photos and no eyeglasses.
- Minor Photo – You can lay the baby on a white sheet or in a car sheet covered with a white sheet. There should be no one else visible in the photograph. Nothing should cover the child’s face.
Step by step guide for USA visa procedure
Interviews are only available by appointment. Applicants between the age group of 14 and 79 must appear in person for an interview with a consular officer. Take your Appointment Confirmation letter with you.
You will not be admitted more than 30 minutes before the scheduled time, and your visa appointment may be dismissed if you arrive late. Be planned on spending two to three hours at the Embassy or Consulate.
The consular officer interview usually lasts only a few minutes. Before the interview, staff will collect, enter data, and evaluate your application. Your fingerprints will be electronically scanned.
Visa processing time
- Processed applications usually takes 3–5 business days before the passport is given over to the courier for delivery; at least another 2 business days should be allowed for delivery.
- Suppose your visa application has been rejected under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act for administrative processing. In that case, the consular section will notify you when it is complete or if additional information is required from you.
The Embassy cannot assure visa issuance or processing times ahead of time. All processing times referenced are only estimates. If you need a visa, we advise that you apply well in advance of your intended travel date and refrain from making non-refundable travel plans until you have been issued a visa and received your passport.
- It is impossible to pick up your passport from the Embassy or Consulate in person. Your passport will be given over to the courier service as soon as your application has been processed.
- When your USA visa application has been processed, your passport will be handed over to the courier company for delivery, and you will be emailed a tracking number. You can use this tracking number to follow your delivery by logging into your account online at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb.
- As part of the appointment booking process, applicants can specify how their passports will be returned to them. If you change your address or the delivery location, or if you can’t remember where your passport is supposed to be delivered, you must contact the Visa Appointment Service.
A negative COVID-19 viral test must be submitted by all air travelers two years of age and older travelling to the United States, regardless of where they are from.
Alternatively, travelers to the US may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider that they have recovered from COVID-19 within the previous 90 days.
You must investigate quarantine regulations for the US state you will be visiting. The most recent details are available on the CDC website and the state’s health department website.
Please remember that you are to quarantine according to the CDC and local guidelines. (https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/)
FAQ on USA visa
How will the Embassy contact me?
The Embassy will contact you by email you provided when fixing the visa appointment. As this is the only way Embassy will contact you, please make sure that this detail is revised if you change your email address.
What if the Embassy asked for additional documents from me?
If the Nonimmigrant Visa Department demands additional documents, you must scan and email them to the email address: “email@example.com.” Please do not send the documents via Royal Mail or a courier service, as this will cause your application to be significantly delayed.
Please keep in mind that this email address is only for submitting scanned documents. Other inquiries will not be into consideration.
How to send my passport to Embassy?
The contracted courier is the only authorized method of sending your passport and/or documents to the Embassy for nonimmigrant visa applicants. This service is already included in the visa fee you paid and will not cost you anything extra.
In general, Embassy is unable to accept passports and other documents sent by other means. For more details, please check at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-GB/niv/information/courier.
How to extend my non-immigrant visa?
There is no way to extend a non-immigrant visa. Visas are valid for several years for most non-immigrants. Please check the USA visa in your passport to verify the visa’s validity period in your case.
Click2Visas assistance on USA visa
- 10x less service charge and assist till you receive your visa.
- Excellent customer service with 24/7 assistance.
- Guaranteed service.