ESTA Visa Wavier Requirements for Italy Nationals
Italian citizens who intend to travel the USA for either business or tourist purposes need ESTA. With ESTA, you can stay in the US for 90 days. The US Government Department of Homeland Security operates the ESTA visa waiver system.
Italy is one of more than 30 countries that can benefit from the Visa Waiver Program of the United States. Italian nationals can use the automated US Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) system to apply online.
If you need multiple ESTAs for your family, friends’ group, partner, you can complete all of these applications in one order by using this service. After filling out your information on the form, you can add other travelers.
ESTA Important Information:
- You can use the ESTA for tourism, medical, business, or transit purposes.
- Restricted to 90-day visits to the United States Requires a valid, biometric passport Issued for two years, or until the passport expires.
- Minor travelers are required to have their own ESTA.
- You can use the ESTA for multiple trips to the United States.
- ESTA is a mandatory travel authorization for visitors to the United States by sea or air for tourism, transit, or business visits of less than 90 days.
- It is required for all visitors to the United States who are flying or arriving by sea.
What is the ESTA and how does it help the Italian Citizens?
The US government created the ESTA to make things easier for travelers interested in visiting the United States. ESTA system promotes tourism by making it quick and easy for visitors from Italy and other specific countries.
Italian nationals can now apply for their US visa waiver from the comfort of their own home, thanks to the ESTA program. They are not required to go to their local embassy, submit paperwork in person, or meet with an immigration officer. The best part is that ESTA entire process is electronic and takes less than 15 minutes to complete.
The ESTA visa waiver allows for travel for tourism, transit, and business. ESTA is valid for two years or until the linked passport expires. It allows Italian citizens to visit the US for short up to 90 days.
ESTA is a multiple-entry authorization; Italian nationals may enter the United States as many times as they wish as long as they do so within the 2-year validity period.
Documents required for the ESTA Italian Citizen Application:
For Italian citizens, only a few documents are required to apply for an ESTA.
- A valid Italian national passport.
- A working email address. Please provide an email address that you frequently check, as this is where the approved ESTA will be sent.
- To pay the application fee, you must have a valid form of payment, such as a credit or debit card.
How Italian Citizens Can Apply for ESTA Visa:
The application process is simple; Italian citizens only need a valid passport, an email address, and a card to pay the application fee. The form requests information such as name, DOB, address, and answers to medical questions and criminal records.
You can easily apply ESTA in Click2visas with few steps,
- Choose the departure place and select the destination as the US, select the suitable visa type, and nationality as Italy in the respective field. Then
- click start.
- On the next page, verify the ESTA visa fee for Italy national and terms and conditions.
- Enter your few personal details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents on the third page.
- Then proceed with the ESTA payment. Click2visas supports all types of cards.
- You will receive a mail from Click2visas with a link and the invoice.
- Click the link and complete the remaining form and submit it for processing.
- Once the ESTA is approved, Click2Visas will send your ESTA to your email in PDF format.
After completing the form, the applicant must double-check all of the information that they have provided. If there is an error on the ESTA form, the application will most likely be declined, which could jeopardize the applicant’s travel plans.
The Department of Homeland Security screens all visitors entering the United States to determine whether they pose a security risk, and the ESTA is part of that process.
How will I receive my US ESTA Visa wavier?
After applying, Italian travelers can usually expect to receive an approved US ESTA immediately. However, due to high demand or secondary checks, it has taken up to 72 hours to get an approved ESTA.
As a result, we recommend that Italian travelers apply for the ESTA visa waiver at least one week before the travel date to ensure adequate time for approval.
You will receive your ESTA visa by email in pdf format. You can print a copy of your email.
What to do if ESTA is Declined:
If your ESTA was declined because you made an error when filling the form, you might be able to reapply for an ESTA with the correct information and pay the application fee again.
If your ESTA application is denied for any other reason, you can apply for a US visa instead, but you will have to attend an interview at the US Embassy. You must also fill out a DS-160 form and pay the visa application fee.
Benefits of ESTA for Italian citizens:
- ESTA visa waiver processing time is short.
- You can use this ESTA for visits to the United States for tourism, medical, business, or transit purposes. Valid for up to 90-day trips to the United States
- Fill out the form on your mobile device or your desktop computer.
- ESTA process is simple. Within few minutes, you can complete the ESTA application in Click2visas.
- You can use a single ESTA for multiple trips to the United States.
Is it possible to extend or renew an ESTA?
It is not possible to extend your ESTA, but you can renew it. Your ESTA is valid for a maximum of two years from the date of issue or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. To renew your ESTA, you must submit a new application the same way you did before.
Because the ESTA renewal process is usually very quick, your travel plans should not be hampered. However, US Customs and Border Protection recommends that you apply for or reapply for your ESTA when you book your trip or at least 72 hours before you plan to travel.
You can also reapply for your ESTA before it expires. You may do so before, on, or after the expiration date of your current ESTA.
If you receive the following message: “This passport has a valid, approved application with more than 30 days remaining. Submitting this application will necessitate payment for this application and will result in the cancellation of the existing application.”
You should proceed, which will cancel the remaining days and replace them with your new application. The ESTA will then be renewed for an additional two years, or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.
Re-applying for an ESTA is a simple process. Follow the instructions to answer all of the required questions and submit a new application for a travel authorization, just as you did the first time.