Details about visa for Kyrgyzstan
1 month ago
IMMIGRATION AND VISAS
All travelers need a passport, with the exception of the following:
- Travelers with documents given to persons without citizenship or nationality and refugees.
- Travelers with Kinderausweis, a German identity document issued to children aged less than 16 years old, provided the document contains a photo of the child.
Passports and alternative records, or any of them, must be valid for the duration of the visit envisaged.
- Citizens of Kyrgyzstan may enter with passports valid on arrival.
- Residents of Kyrgyzstan may enter with travel documents valid on arrival.
People without nationality or citizenship, and refugees must contact a Kyrgyzstani Embassy or Consulate before arrival.
- Before arrival: Travelers are kindly requested to contact the nearest representation of Kyrgyzstan.
- On arrival: A visa valid for one month is available to citizens of:
a. Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Republic of Ireland, Israel, Italy, Republic of Korea, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zeeland, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden and the United States of America
b. A visa is available for citizens of Hungary for a fee of USD 70.
- On arrival: A visa valid for one month is available to travelers with British passports endorsed British Citizen.
- On arrival: A visa valid for one month is available to all citizens coming from countries in which there is a representation of Kyrgyzstan provided they have confirmation from Kyrgyzstan authorities.
- On arrival: A visa valid for one month is available to travelers coming from countries with no Kyrgyzstani representation provided a sponsor declares the travelers to the authorities in Kyrgyzstan.
- Fees for Visas
– A tourist visa: USD 35 for single entry; USD 55 for multiple entries; USD 20 for children aged 16 years old or younger.
– A business visa varies between USD 36 and USD 70.
All travelers must hold a visa except the following:
- Citizens of Kyrgyzstan.
- Citizens of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, and Ukraine provided they are residing in the country of nationality.
- Travelers with a residency or return permit issued to foreign residents by Kyrgyzstan.
- Citizens of Turkey residing in their own country and staying for no more than one month.
- Citizens of Bulgaria, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Poland, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, and Vietnam provided they are permanent residents of the country of nationality traveling on duty or as tourists.
- Japanese people with usual or service passports.
- Travelers with British diplomatic passports.
- Travelers with diplomatic passports provided they are citizens of Austria, Albania, Belgium, Canada, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Iran, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United States of America.
- Citizens of the People’s Republic of China with diplomatic or service passports, staying for no more than one month.
- Diplomatic or service passport passengers, given that they are residents of Turkmenistan or Uzbekistan.
TWOV (Transit Without Visa)
TWOV is permissible for travelers continuing their journey to a third country within 48 hours so long as they have onward tickets. Travelers are not permitted to leave the transit zone. In other cases, a transit visa is required.
- All travelers staying for more than three days should register their names at the registration offices in Bishkek, Kievstr 58. If they are staying in a hotel, the hotel may arrange such procedures.
- It is strongly recommended that travelers with valid visas in expired passports should renew their visas to their new passport, or else they may be denied entry.
CUSTOMS AND FOREIGN EXCHANGE
This includes precious metals such as gold and silver and items made from them, articles containing or containing precious stones and genuine pearls; arms and ammunition; and furs. Antiques and works of art are subject to obligation and require special authorization from the Department of Culture.
The above-mentioned articles are allowed if they form part of the imported personal possessions of the traveler and have been declared upon arrival.
Dogs, cats, and birds, with the exception of pigeons, must be accompanied by a veterinary health certificate, sealed by the professional health board of the home country, provided that it is issued no more than ten days before delivery. Pets are allowed to enter as traveler’s luggage, as cargo, or in the cabin, but in general, pets are not allowed in hotels.
Import of all birds, including pet birds and poultry, arriving from or through Turkey is fully prohibited until further notice.
Baggage Clearance regulations
The luggage of a traveler should be cleared at the first airport of entry to Kyrgyzstan.
Luggage of transit travelers whose destination is outside of the Commonwealth of Independent States.
All travelers leaving Kyrgyzstan are required to pay an Airport Tax of USD 10 or its equivalent in other exchangeable currency.
Place of payment: airport of departure.
- Transit travelers
- Members of the crew
Currency Import regulations
Residents of Kyrgyzstan are allowed to export local currency (Kirgiz Som KGS) provided the imported sums have been proclaimed on the customs declaration form when leaving the country. International currencies: USD 10,000 maximum. – or equivalent. Upon arrival, sums greater than USD 3,000. – must be reported.
Currency Export regulations
There are no restrictions on exporting local currency (Kirgiz Som – KGS) provided the exported sums are declared.
Up to the amount imported and declared, foreign currencies are permitted.
Additional Information on regulations
- If it is for personal use and declared on arrival and then re-exported, no special permit is needed for the import of a video camera.
- A customs declaration that is filled in upon entering Kyrgyzstan or any other member country of the Commonwealth of Independent States must be kept carefully. When leaving Kyrgyzstan or any of those countries on an international flight, this declaration has to be turned in. When traveling to other member countries of the Commonwealth of Independent States, except for Turkmenistan, there will be no customs control at both points.
- Prohibited goods include military arms and ammunition except with a special permit; live animals, except with a special permit; photos and printed material directed against Kyrgyzstan; narcotics such as opium and hashish; vegetables and fruit.
Wild Fauna and Flora:
It is forbidden or limited under CITES to import some endangered plant species, live animals, and their products.
Please check CITES for more details: www.cites.org.