Procedures to obtain a Thailand Visa
2 months ago
Thailand lies in the center of the coastline of Southeast Asia, occupying an area of 513,115 sq.km. Thailand tourism have the most stunning and most popular beaches, islands, varied resorts, wildlife, and culture. You can also find yourself relaxing at the spas in the resorts where the only priority is relaxation, shopping before you get to the tourist-friendly center of the world, or backpacking your way across the countryside. Thailand’s territory of Smiles lives up to its name with welcoming locals rustling up tasty dishes on sandy beaches surrounded by azure waters. If you plan to snatch the Thailand Visa and head off to this sandy destination as quickly as possible, it is no wonder. Including its lovely natural scenery, lavish stays, and plenty of beautiful things to enjoy, the tropical country is sure to be among the absolute best spots in the world.
Who requires a Thailand visa?
Anyone who is not exempted and cannot receive a Visa on arrival must apply for a Thailand visa before traveling.
What are the types of Thailand visa available to travelers?
The Thai government provides foreign nationals with the following forms of Thailand visa:
- Tourist Thailand visa: Issued for tourism or leisure activities for visa-required foreigners entering Thailand. This is a short-term visa for single or multiple entries that can be issued.
- Transit Thailand visa: Issued to foreigners entering the Kingdom of Thailand territory to make their way to a third country of destination.
- SMART visa of Thailand: Targeting highly qualified foreigners, enabling them to work or invest in one of the ten targeted industries in Thailand, including medicine, robotics, aviation, agriculture, biotechnology, etc.
- Non-Immigrant Thailand visa: Which is provided for purposes other than tourism or leisure to foreigners entering Thailand. Depending on the travel intent, the Non-Immigrant Visa for Thailand is further categorized:
- Work visa: For foreigners taking up paying jobs in Thailand.
- Student Visa: For foreigners who want a Thai educational institution to pursue their academic studies.
- Business Thailand visa: For foreigners traveling for business-related purposes to Thailand, such as discussions, attendance at a conference, etc.
- Thailand Marriage visa: For foreigners married to a national of Thailand.
- Thailand Retirement visa: Often known as the “Ten Year Visa,” which is issued to foreigners over the age of 50 who choose to retire in Thailand and have independent financial means without working to support themselves.
What is the Thailand visa on arrival?
Citizens of a specific country must apply for a Thailand visa on arrival, but not exempt. After arriving at one of Thailand’s designated entry points, you must apply for a Thailand visa on arrival. You must enter the “Visa on arrival” section at the airport or another border crossing point and stand in line to apply it to one of the Immigration Officers. Before you leave, you must complete the Visa on Arrival online application form and print it out and bring it while reaching Thailand.
What is the cost of a Thailand visa on arrival?
The Official fee for Thailand’s visa on arrival costs 2,000 THB. This fee must be paid in cash (in Thai currency) upon arrival in Thailand. We additionally add 10 USD for the service fee.
What requirements would I need to apply for a Thailand visa?
The documents that you must upload while applying for a Thailand visa depend on your travel intention. However, all candidates must have the following:
- A passport that is valid for at least a further six months and requires at least two blank pages of a visa.
- A return travel ticket to show that you want to leave the country after your visa has expired.
- Thai Visa Application Process, Completed, and Signed.
- Two new photographs in passport size.
- Proof of adequate financial resources to cover the length of your stay.
- Fee for Thailand visa.
Thailand tourist visa Requirements
- Proof of enough financial resources to fund the length of your stay (e.g., bank statements).
- Evidence of lodging in Thailand, such as a hotel booking or a letter of invitation from a friend.
- If you’re visiting family/friends in Thailand:
- Proof of friendship
- Invitation letter
Thailand Visa business visa Criteria
- A letter from your employment contract stating your position, how long you have been implemented, your salary, and the reason for your visit to Thailand.
- Invitation letter from the firm in Thailand.
- Evidence of communications with your corporate partners in Thailand.
How long is the Thailand visa on arrival valid for?
On arrival, the Thailand e-Visa is effective for 15 days after arrival (the day the visas are issued in Thailand, NOT after completion of this pre-registration). It was a single entry visa.
What is the processing time for a Thailand visa?
The Thailand visa processing period depends on the diplomatic representation office you apply in. Several say it will be handled within two working days, whereas others will take more time. However, you can plan to wait for your Thai visa to be approved for around 5 -10 working days, beginning from the period that your full application is issued by the embassy/consulate.
What is the maximum number of stay of a Thailand visa on arrival?
The maximum permitted stay is 15 days per arrival. If you intend to prolong your stay for more extended periods, we suggest that you contact the Embassy nearest to you.
How to apply for a Thailand visa?
It is quite a simple step for applying for a Thailand visa. Kindly follow the below steps carefully:
- Choose the departure and arrival country, select the required visa type, enter your name, and click ‘CLICK TO START.’
- Verify the visa fee and terms and conditions on the next page.
- On the third page, enter your basic details in the respective field and upload the necessary documents (you can upload the documents in a later stage also).
- After that, review and confirm the information of your form, then proceed with the payment. We support all types of cards for payment.
- You will receive the invoice and a confirmation mail with a link in your registered email id.
- Click the link and complete the remaining form (you can also upload the document in this stage) and submit it for processing.
- Once the visa process is completed, click2visas will send your visa related documents to your email.
- Based on your Consulate’s application procedure, you can submit and collect the visa application by visit or Mail. You will be notified by the Consulate about the decision made to your application.