Overview of Russian Visa for US Citizens
2 months ago
Russian Federation is a transcontinental nation situated in Northern Asia and Eastern Europe. Overall, Russia is a safe country, particularly if you’re traveling as a tourist to large cities (such as Moscow, St. Petersburg, Vladivostok, etc.) and making the Trans-Siberian path. The first point for any Russian tourist visa is to get your “assurance and Voucher” document is known as “Russian Visa Support” document; this document must be in hand before you start your visa application form as your confirmation information and voucher is required to answer several questions on the Russian visa application form.
What is a Russia Tourist visa?
Russia Tourist visa can be applied online. You will need to have a Tourist acknowledgment and voucher (also termed Russian Visa Support) from an approved Russian travel agency or hotel, registered with the Russian Foreign Ministry to apply for a tourism visa to Russia. The confirmation must have the registration number and confirmation number of the official Russian company.
What are the types of Russian Visa for US Citizens?
Russia Tourist visa types are Single entry, Double entry, and 3-year multiple-entry.
How long will it take to process the Tourist Russian Visa for US Citizens?
The speed at which a travel visa is processed depends on the issuing embassy or government agency. Normally it takes nine days.
What are Click2visas fee components for the Tourist Russian Visa for US Citizens?
The fees set by Click2visas promote and preserve the highest possible standard of the travel visa processing. Click2visas services fees comprise three significant components: government agency and consular fees, consular service fees, Click2visas base service fees, and consular Premium rush surcharges. Click2visas base service fee is very minimal compared to others in the industry, and it will be between 10 USD to 25 USD.
What is the validity of the Tourist Russian Visa for US Citizens?
The validity of TouristRussian Visa for US Citizens are:
- Single entry and Double-entry Validity – 90 days.
- Multiple-entry validity – 36 months.
What is the period of stay for the Tourist Russian Visa for US Citizens?
The period of stay for TouristRussian Visa for US Citizens are:
- Single entry and Double-entry stay period- 30 days.
- Multiple-entry stay period – 180 days.
Rush or Emergency processing available for Tourist Russian Visa for US Citizens?
Normally, the Russian Embassy does not allow rush or emergency processes in multiple entry visa types. But, in some cases, they will allow rush or emergency approval for a single-entry visa. You must submit a copy of your itinerary indicating the need for rush or emergency processing. For daily flight processing, a copy of a flight itinerary is not needed. Please note that rush or emergency processing is to be provided at the sole discretion of the Russian Embassy/Consulate.
What are the Photo specifications needed to apply a Tourist Russian Visa for US Citizens?
Two passport-sized, professional photos. Neither digital nor non-passport photographs are acceptable. The Russian Government has strict visa photo requirements — due to an improperly formatted visa photo, your visa application may be delayed. The photographs must:
- The photo must show the entire head from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin.
- Using the frame to focus the head.
- The person in the photograph should have a neutral expression and should face the camera.
- The photograph must be recent-taken in the last six months.
Please upload the photo securely while applying for the TouristRussian Visa for US Citizens in Click2visas.
What are the eligibility requirements for the Tourist Russian Visa for US Citizens?
To be eligible, the traveler must have:
- Passport – It’s must be valid for at least six months beyond the expiration of the visa you are applying for and must have at least two blank pages that are listed as visa pages. If your passport is not valid for at least six months beyond the expiration date of your visa, you must renew your passport.
- Photo – Two recent professional passport-type photographs. The photos must’ve been taken during the last six months.
- Departure Proof– Copy of your round-trip airline tickets, or itinerary or e-ticket, or letter of confirmation from a travel agent. The itinerary must show the name of the applicant, the date of arrival and departure from the country, and the details regarding the flight. The embassy is not recommending that you purchase your ticket before issuing a visa.
- Hotel Confirmation and Voucher – Before completing the Russian visa application form (below), information from this document must be included in your visa application form, such as a city(s) to be visited, the dates of your stay in Russia, inviting organization name, address, registration number, and confirmation number, you should have this information before you can finish your visa application form.
Any additional requirements for Tourist Russian Visa for US Citizens?
The Russian Embassy has the right, if necessary, to request additional documents/evidence showing the purpose and duration of the planned trip of the applicant, the financial means of the applicant sufficient for a stay in Russia, and the intention of the applicant to leave the Russian Federation after the trip, documents/evidence may include:
- An applicant’s bank statement.
- An employer statement concerning the applicant’s wages for the preceding year, half-year/month.
- Medical insurance should be valid in the destination country, and that fully covers the first trip period.
- Documents concerning the ownership of the applicant’s property in his / her country of citizenship.
- A certificate in honor of the families of the applicant.
What are the requirements for minors to travel Russia of the Tourist Russian Visa for US Citizens?
Any minor traveling to Russia will need to have a letter of consent signed by both parents or legal guardians of the child. Unless the minor is traveling with a parent or guardian who does not apply for a visa at the same time, a copy of the Russian visa or certificate of Russian citizenship from the parent or guardian must be sent along with the request from the minor.
Any specific requirements for a 3-year multiple-entry Tourist Russian Visa for US Citizens?
Applicants applying for a 3-year multiple entry visa must have a recent bank statement showing a minimum balance of $3000.00 and evidence of international health insurance coverage.